• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

account transfer

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
need a little help

is there any way at all for friends to transfer accounts now? was so easy to do before :(

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Accounts are personal property for life, if discovered it will be banned. terms of service says so :/

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Accounts are personal property for life, if discovered it will be banned. terms of service says so :/

Accounts can be transferred , as long as the original owner knows the "secret question" of the account.. He will have to email [email protected] and ask them to unlink the account.
The friend/new owner need to link the account to his own email and than ask support to change the secret question for the account...
as Support and Mesanna said: "Whoever owns the secret question, owns the account"

@DevilsOwn if you have any question PM me, I deal with accounts on a weekly base , so I can answer all your questions!

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Support and Mesanna said: "Whoever owns the secret question, owns the account"
I would like a source of that statement, because Broadsword Online Games clearly state the following. Which is pretty clear

12. PROHIBITION ON ACCOUNT, CURRENCY AND ITEM TRANSFERS
Your Broadsword account is non-transferable. You may not sell, loan, lend, lease, barter, exchange, pledge, or hypothecate your online currency or Broadsword User account for any item of value unless expressly permitted by Broadsword. Any attempted transfer of your account, whether for consideration or not, shall be null and void and shall cause your account to be terminated without compensation. Under no circumstances shall you allow or permit any other person or third party to use your account as a means to loan, lend, or lease your account usage. Your account is valid only for use by the person who registered it, without exception.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they used to assist in that ages ago. But it was made outright not possible at some point. Though i was a little too fast in posting the paragraph without reading the full content myself, which now include a "... unless expressly permitted by Broadsword...." which is new to me. Which obviously opens the door that it is not completely disallowed now like previous. Still want the source referenced though.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i meant was you used to be able to pay 30 dollars on the website page for the secure transfer, no calling needed. now they dont offer that anymore, but will change info if you call to facilitate the transfer process.

personally, i think its a very bad system now. way too many people have been scammed by someone selling their account, then that person calling and taking the account back before the info's been changed. if it were simpler / easier, account transfers would be more secure and less risky, and was well worth the 30 dollars for the official secure transfer. imo that service should be re-implemented.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said, i know how the secure account trading worked.. But that ended like 10 years ago, and somewhere between that and now it was decided that there was a zero tolerance for account transfer (which i mistakenly assumed still applied to this day) when that ended i don't know, possibly with broadsword taking charge. That this is now more/less relaxed i agree with. However it was not like that the whole time all I'm saying. And i know this cause i did call em to get an account transferred in that period, and the answer was clear: "Accounts is personal and not transferable in any way".

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So those of us that still have our accounts from way, way back in the day can't transfer them because we have no secret password, LOL

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
So those of us that still have our accounts from way, way back in the day can't transfer them because we have no secret password, LOL
Not true at all!!, Situations like those, support will ask you couple more questions, so you can prove that you are really the owner and after that will ask you to create a secret question, so they can attach that to the account and they you can unlink and transfer!!, Believe me, Happened to me many times!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not true at all!!, Situations like those, support will ask you couple more questions, so you can prove that you are really the owner and after that will ask you to create a secret question, so they can attach that to the account and they you can unlink and transfer!!, Believe me, Happened to me many times!
OMG I cant remember what I had for dinner last night and you want me to remember something from 18 years ago, LMAO.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
You can pick your secret question and put in answer here Origin | Origin Games
login my account privacy settings account security click edit to add it in.

See, this is a Perfect example of how confused the system is... @Lady Michelle The ORIGIN secret Question have NOTHING to do with the UO Master Secret Question to link and unlink the account, that is a common mistake...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See, this is a Perfect example of how confused the system is... @Lady Michelle The ORIGIN secret Question have NOTHING to do with the UO Master Secret Question to link and unlink the account, that is a common mistake...
Yes I know has nothing to do with linking or unlinking accounts, I was letting players who have old accounts with no secret word how to go about getting it on their accounts since it was mentioned in this thread.

Lydia O'Malley

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hello, I need help with the transfer of an account; someone is transferring to me, could someone please give me step by step instructions cheers :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter