• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Error! PC Restart Fixes it. Why?

Finegold

Journeyman
So almost everyday now when I boot up my PC for the first time and access the game I get an error that says:

Patch error!
The patch client was unable to update the file [C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic/uo.bin] (0 total errors encountered). Please ensure the game is not already running and there is free space on the disk.

When I get this, I restart the PC and get into the game just fine.

I have a brand new computer (running win10) with nothing else on it. It is the first thing I access when I boot up the PC. I toggled the option in the UO Classic Client Shortcut properties to run as administrator.

Anyone know why I may be getting this error.. and even better how to fix it? (Other than my solution of just restarting the PC).

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to open a second instance since the hot fix patch to transfer back a pet I stored on a second account and get the same thing.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone know why I may be getting this error.. and even better how to fix it? (Other than my solution of just restarting the PC).
Nope, I do the same thing myself (restart). Only happened about 3 times this year for me but yeah it's annoying either way, I see it like the in game client crashes... though that happens more often hehe :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotten to be a every time try to log on problem and even rebooting does not fix 3/4ths of the time now. Why I go around the patcher lately unless it it a mandatory patch and then just reboot until it does work. Then of course sometimes after getting it I just day screw it and do something else and then run the Client patcher a hour later without rebooting and it works fine.

patcher.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been getting the same a lot over the last couple of months and also hard crashes

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That one and the out of memory error are annoying.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This has been doing this for last couple months(since i got a new computer, both with windows 10), it does it mostly when i am on computer for awhile before opening UO and restart is the only thing that works, so far. Also i have been crashing about 5-7 times a week, very annoying.