• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We Need Sugar Cane Seeds!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix, @Mesanna Can we please get seeds from sugar cane plants? I seem to get a ridiculous number of cooking BODs that call for sweet cocoa butter, which requires one cocoa pulp and one bag of sugar. It's easy enough to grow the cocoa trees to get cocoa pulp, and fortunately those trees give seeds so your cocoa tree seed supply grows by leaps and bounds once you begin growing for cocoa pulp.

However, sugar cane seeds have to be gathered from monsters and the mature plants do not give seeds, just bags of sugar. In order to fill the never-ending supply of sweet cocoa butter BODs we get, you have to keep gathering seeds from the same old monsters and most of the seeds you get from them are NOT sugar cane seeds. (Those monsters also drop cypress tree, hops, tall hedges, and more cocoa tree seeds.)

So, is there any possibility you can just tweak those sugar cane plants to let them make seeds? Or stop giving us so darn many sweet cocoa butter BODs? The ones we're getting now are pretty much useless and just taking up space because there is no reasonable way to fill them.

sweet cocoa butter.JPG

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering where the seeds come from :) if they didn’t want to give seeds allow us to cut up the plants for more seeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i get my seeds from Juka mages in Ilsh by the castle ruins
right now in Sorcerers Dungeon you can get sugar from the paragons
I have collected about 70 bags so far

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe I got a bunch of sugar from the birds in eodon that give the foil sheets. I fully support a change to let the sugar canes give seeds as well as resource though.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Need to fix tribarrels first dang nabbit. I know... I know... players (dumb ones) asked to keep it in. Adding RNG to the only system that was predictable sure was great right?!

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The easiest place to get sugar cane seeds is off the kappa spawn at the sleeping dragon champ in tokuno. Of course you will get plenty of the other seeds as well, and the sugar cane seems to have the lowest drop rate. But that's a good spot to farm a lot of kappas quickly. Jut be sure not to run it up to the next level.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The easiest place to get sugar cane seeds is off the kappa spawn at the sleeping dragon champ in tokuno. Of course you will get plenty of the other seeds as well, and the sugar cane seems to have the lowest drop rate. But that's a good spot to farm a lot of kappas quickly. Jut be sure not to run it up to the next level.
Mr Bug, this was an awesome suggestion!

I worked the Sleeping Dragon champ spawn up to level two and then spent an hour or so (didn't really keep track) killing the kapa. Ended up with the seeds shown below, plus one 0.1 stealing SoT and one expert treasure map.

79 tall hedges
36 mossy cypress
35 south-facing hops
34 cocoa tree
33 sugar cane
30 vanilla
247 seeds total

Thank you for passing this tip along. Worked great.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I farmed 625+ sugar seeds via the Sleeping Dragon spawn a few years ago... o.0

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I toss all the coco bods due to collecting the resources eats way too much of my time I could use to fill bods.. but then again I somehow have managed to not fill a fraction of the bods I have collected in the past several years.. something like 74-75k bods. Is it considered obsessive behavior to have 3+ castles at max storage due to bods? :p