• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa Down.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa servers been shut down.......smack bang in Prime Time.
Guess that new patch introduced some new exploits....Who'd have thought....... :rolleyes:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All servers except Oceania & TC1 missing from the list. Lucky I'd just come out of the Sorcerors Dungeon.

Soooooo, who forgot to feed the hamsters then?

MisPrinTed LiEs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Greetings All, Beginning at 1pm ET we will be bringing all shards down to correct a critical issue with Publish 98.2 related to missing doors and teleporters in certain locations. We expect this downtime to last no more than one hour. Thank you for your patience. -UO Team"

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Greetings All, Beginning at 1pm ET we will be bringing all shards down to correct a critical issue with Publish 98.2 related to missing doors and teleporters in certain locations. We expect this downtime to last no more than one hour. Thank you for your patience. -UO Team"

Thing is, what you're not doing when you're up to your arse in spawn that thinks you're just the tastiest treat ever is reading those announcements. Could we not just have a five minute in game warning, maybe?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is, what you're not doing when you're up to your arse in spawn that thinks you're just the tastiest treat ever is reading those announcements. Could we not just have a five minute in game warning, maybe?
Erm.....we did get a 5 minute ingame warning, you should always keep one eye on the Journal (and always have it open) as you never know what you may miss. ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Slayvite there was a warning on Europa at 15 minutes as well, I think often people don't notice the system messages if they are busy.

MisPrinTed LiEs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i saw 30 minute warning in system message but i barely caught it, had to re-check my journal to be certain

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much spam on the journal, so little time - I saw no warning on Europa. I did see lots of things that were trying to eat me and mad messages up my screen as a result down in Jacks room! I tend to pick up messages that are the same colour as general/guild/alliance chat, but that's about it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear God!!!! I've just realised i have absolutly no life....
Just sat here randomly refreshing the login client to see if UO is back up yet......

Thank the Lord i'm off to Feurteventura (Canary Islands) tomorrow for a week of Sun, Sea and yup.......UO on my holiday laptop :hula::hula:
I have played UO at each of the 4 corners of the globe, on an Oil rig 50 miles off the Notrh Pole and even at 35000 feet (virgin airlines are the best) :heart:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone enlighten me, what notes in the 98.2 mention anything related to doors and teleporters ? How do things like that get broken in this update ? **Goes back to re-read it**

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone enlighten me, what notes in the 98.2 mention anything related to doors and teleporters ? How do things like that get broken in this update ? **Goes back to re-read it**
That basically means they have messed about with more than they are telling us in the patch notes, one of the "ninja nerfs" i've notices straight away is Liches can dispel the Weavers Trees a hell of alot more now than they did before the patch. ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That basically means they have messed about with more than they are telling us in the patch notes, one of the "ninja nerfs" i've notices straight away is Liches can dispel the Weavers Trees a hell of alot more now than they did before the patch. ;)
Well bugger. I shall come down and plant my wee trees anyways. But, bugger!

Did they, perchance, nerf the Nightmare Faerie From Hell while they were at it?

And, I have to say that I was decidedly unimpressed to have logged out in my house only to find myself logging back on in Jacks room; that was an EEEEEEK moment if ever there was one!