• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Filled Water Barrels

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have also seen them used to spell out messages.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I thought they must stop monsters or ppl recalling on spots or you could target them to t/port to or something useful ... House marking is useful but some of the ones I have seen are definitely not marking out house spots.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some people use them to excess to point to their teleporter hub.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You axe them? Hm, I better check and see if my "Ocllo" sign is still there.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day, when player towns were a thing, people used them to create "roads".

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Water Barrels are neat in that they change graphics when you combine with another item. A UO feature I feel is another thing that sets the game apart and too underused in other items.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's amazing what creative people with lots and lots of free time have done with water barrels... I remember once years ago a guy decided to blockade the entire city of Britain with them.

No matter which direction you tried to leave the city from, there would be rows and rows of water barrels blocking your exit. It was like that on every single entrance and exit from Britain. He must have spent the entire day doing nothing but filling water barrels. It was hilarious watching people's extremely confused reactions when they would suddenly run into these walls of barrels. Some of the exits had so many that you couldn't see the end of them anywhere on your screen.

I miss that kind of genius but completely insane level of UO creativity.