• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet ghost following speed is very slow

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet ghost following speed is very very slow. This appears to be a recent development.

Accident? Or brought to you by the fellow who gave you "lose a swing on chivalry and bushido abilities and not tell anyone until someone brought it up in UHall"?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Veryyyyyy annoying little thing. I just run to vet and log pet. I don’t have 15 years to wait my pet to decide to follow me. I mean I guess it makes sense. The pet is dead. Force walk on death would be an interesting addition.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always been slow. Maybe because their stamina is low. I can live with it the fix would make damaged pets continue to go slow. I need those slow pets when taming the high damage pets.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always been slow. Maybe because their stamina is low. I can live with it the fix would make damaged pets continue to go slow. I need those slow pets when taming the high damage pets.
It hasnt always been slow. Pets used to follow at the same speed they do while alive. Now they move slower than cold molasses. This is very obnoxious when you're in the middle of say a spawn or EM event, where you're surrounded by monsters and can't exactly wait a month for your pet to stop and smell the roses as they stroll back to you.

Shouldn't have to run and relog to get your pet to you in any decent amount of time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't remember them ever following you or moving at normal speed. My warriors mounts have always made a slow beeline in some random direction.

It needs fixed.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree totally, this is a recent change, in the very recent past I remember instances when they would follow slow and all you had to do was say follow me and they followed in ghost form at normal walking speed. Now they don't even seem to hear you say follow me, they just continue to trudge along, kalump, kalump, kalump.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I'm forced to re-log for a dead pet because it's soooooo slow, I think of Mervyn. Just can't help it. I also think about all the character and pet bars I'll have to grab again because of logging out and back in again. Definitely a nuisance whether you'r waiting on a dead pet to slowly walk over to you or whether you log out and back in again. No good alternatives, especially when you're in Ilshenar and your pet summoning ball doesn't work.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the ghosts aren't regenerating stamina as fast as they used to. This is new for sure.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
even with low stamina isnt the issue, all my pets have stamina regen on them and they are always topped up and they still follow painfully slow.

this just started recently.
because even i noticed how bloody slow they follow when dead.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This began during the invasion cycle. Not only did pet ghost movement slow down, but they get stuck more frequently on basic corners or land elevation changes when trying to get to a safe place for resurrection.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll have to add one thing that is sort of a plus... used to be when the pet died it made a beeline for somewhere else... as far away from you and whatever killed it as possible... and no amount of shouting all follow me would bring it back from whereever it ran... so at least with them moving uber slow they don't do that anymore... they hardly move from where they died.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This began during the invasion cycle. Not only did pet ghost movement slow down, but they get stuck more frequently on basic corners or land elevation changes when trying to get to a safe place for resurrection.
I retract my statement. They are even slower now. I been logging off and on to retrieve them so I did not notice how slow they are now.