• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss or Time of Legends?

Seynix

Adventurer
If I was only going to get one xpac (i have 2 accounts) which would be the best value right now? I do taming and treasure maps mainly at the moment.. Do you all think that Stygian will be free in the next 2-3 months or nah?

Thanks for the input!

*edit* my guy has 90 taming/magery etc so not a fresh one

Also, where did @Messana go?!? She hasn't been "seen" in over 3 weeks :(

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
SA will be free soon is the rumor. I believe Messana's word on the matter was that the best value for people would be not to buy SA anytime soon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Time of Legends.. but only because Stygian Abyss is about to be free... once the FTP stuff hits in a few months.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Contact Mesanna by e-mail - they rarely venture here anymore as they've been testing their own forums prior to opening them.

As for the expansion - get Time of Legends. While you'll still not be able to do most of Styigian Abyss stuff for a while, they stated last month that all accounts would be upgraded to SA soon, so don't spend anything for it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i still can't believe buying the latest expansion doesnt get you up to date with all of em. These people are greedier than the government!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, even with BS running it, it's still EA that decides what gets charged for, so they get their cut. So, nothing's really changed on the "EA wants your money" front....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having both of em on one of my accounts, I can say, in my opinion, Stygian is way better then ToL. You just have to ask youself if you trust them to release SA free and on time like they said they would. we are still waiting on that new acct management page that 3 years ago was promised in May. And get ;laughed at when we ask about it

Seynix

Adventurer
oh forgot to ask, what happens if you transfer a bonded pet to someone else? does the bonding process have to start over?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uriah: They actually answered that right off the bat at the party.

The Account Management system is as bad a mess of undocumented spaghetti code as the game is, and they've had to revise their plans and put a new AM page on the back burner until they could devote more resources to it.

The best they'll be able to do in near-term will be a means to de-link & re-link game accounts to the AM account. One of the main reasons people wanted Account Management replaced in the first place. It was announced right about the time that the SA upgrade was, IIRC.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed that then, I think.

Back on topic, everyone says Legends because of the new tameables, but without SA he cannot do any imbuing, so his crafter will be crippled some. And if you don't have SA can you still use Imbued stuff? I dont know that I ever tried. *shrugs*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The best they'll be able to do in near-term will be a means to de-link & re-link game accounts to the AM account. One of the main reasons people wanted Account Management replaced in the first place. It was announced right about the time that the SA upgrade was, IIRC.
OT, but if you have an account unlinked from the master account, can you still pay it and play it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And if you don't have SA can you still use Imbued stuff?
Yes, imbued stuff can be used by anyone even without the expansion. As long as it isn't also one of those "requires High Seas/Time of Legends" items at least.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If he can wait a few months to worry about SA he'll get it free as from what I picked up at the Party was that when EJ comes everyone will be upgraded to SA...

This of course won't include HS or ToL... or the two tile expansions Gothic or Rustic but it's a start...