• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best quests to make money for newbies and low end equipment players in UO 2017/2018?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So what quests do you recommend for new players to make money?
Or for players who don't have high end equipment, but have a well trained character?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I like doing the trade quests... people still buy house signs and other bonus items... as well you can get some pretty decent pinks which some of those sell well too. You get resources which if you aren't into crafting sometimes you can sell those as well or toss for points where you can buy things that are useful like there are some good talismans in the clean up.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harvesting imbuing mats can be rewarding and the mini bosses are not horribly hard with a small chance of artifacts too.

*there are several quests tied to the garg home land/abyss that will get you gold/mats/artifacts.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Farming Troglodytes in the painted caves can be pretty good gold as well just by looting the actual gold from their corpses. They aren't that hard to kill, there are like 10 with instant respawn, and they drop about 1,000 gold each. It's possible to make about a million per hour just by doing that (with a bag of sending of course). It is incredibly dull though, and you have to avoid the bosses on the other side of the dungeon because they can ruin it fast.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So what quests do you recommend for new players to make money?
Or for players who don't have high end equipment, but have a well trained character?
I'd advise them to hand around the Shadowguard area. Do as many of the rooms as they can solo and then wait until a group goes in to the main fight and ask to tag along. That can increase your bank account for the positive QUICK still.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Farm Minax items in the Blackthorn basement. Sell Minax items. I sell them for 150K each.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Minax captains can be a good source of income. They drop to minax arties per and are quite easy to solo with a full paladin with a hit harm or hit lightning 100% elemental weapon.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I like doing the trade quests... p
What she said. No matter how new you are. Do the trade quests, you don't even have to kill the raiders (that will affect the monies paid to the towns, but not your personal reward). If sailing, stand at the back of the boat and stay hidden (be sure and disarm if a dexer or such). don't use the gates, they do effect your reward. Signs, pinks, the occasional book...keep the resources till you can sell em in deeds of 1000

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you play on Atlantic or Catskills and need to upgrade your equipment, loot the Scalis corpses when they go public. Leviathan corpses also worth checking. No risk, all reward. I mentioned Atlantic and Catskills because those are the only two shards I know of that do regular public net tosses.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you play on Atlantic or Catskills and need to upgrade your equipment, loot the Scalis corpses when they go public. Leviathan corpses also worth checking. No risk, all reward. I mentioned Atlantic and Catskills because those are the only two shards I know of that do regular public net tosses.
GL generally has a net toss once a month or so...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think for me the best quests before were the Solen hive quests. Money isn't great, but the bags of sending and powder of translocation are super useful.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Personally I like doing the trade quests... people still buy house signs and other bonus items... as well you can get some pretty decent pinks which some of those sell well too. You get resources which if you aren't into crafting sometimes you can sell those as well or toss for points where you can buy things that are useful like there are some good talismans in the clean up.
Those quests seem really good, I have to try them out.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Navrey is my pick. The hardest part is finding a time when no one else is there on the busiest shards.

Otherwise you can kill her with the rock drops until she drops a tangle while looting gold and armor from her corpse. Sell the tangle in GC for 10 million and your good to go.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Usually sell for 10-13 mill on Europa. Might vary a little bit from one shard to another.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tangles sell at 10 to 12 on GLs... not sure where you are playing they cost 40 mil but I'm glad I don't play there.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tangle for 10 M only? It should bring much more : Usually goes for 40+ M?
I think usual price is 12-16 depending on shard and availability... if you offer one for 10 it will usually sell within a day to a resaler and you can start gearing up with essentials.