• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lion or SaberTooth?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
got busy with other pets, finally have some time on my hands and want to start mucking around with the big cats.

so which are people liking better?

the Lion or the SaberTooth?

just from a looking at paper stand point the Lion has;
Armor Ignore
Bleed
Paralyze Blow
Piercing

Sabre Tooth Tiger has;
Armor Ignore
Disarm
Nerve Strike
Slashing

when it comes to adding specials onto the pet the Lion has a LOT more than the SaberTooth, but really how much more do you need to add onto those pets if anything?

the Lion has lower overall resists but if your gong to make them a 5 slot pet that dosnt matter.
both hit 100% physical.

so whats the take?
does anyone one beat the other so far?
on paper i kinda like the lion more as Disarm is a non issue for me in PVM and would be wasted.
but short of that they are pretty much the same?

thoughts?

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well, it is also according to what you want the pet to do. Idk if it is still doing it, but if you replace the piercing/slashing with something else, it would give you a bunch of points back.
Also, make sure you are farming the ones you want and get one with healing. It might take a while to get one, but they are great pets.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im actually playing with the healing right now.
what a bloody weird thing!
so i read up about it, went out, found a Saber Tooth and started bombing on it, it started to heal, checked it, it gained and it showed healing in the knowledge section.
so i decided i would bomb it more and get its healing up a bit before taming.
took it down again, healing still showed and it had raised but now healing was gone from the knowledge list????

WTF?????

so i bombed it again right down in HP and it gained in healing and was obviously healing itself and healing showed back on the knowledge list.

so i tamed it.
healing disappeared off the knowledge list.

so i took the Saber Tooth and parked him and started bombing on him down to like 4hp, he would gain it all back up, obviously healing himself, but his healing is not gaining and its still not showing on the knowledge list????

its so strange.

think ill stable this one and go try another and see what i see.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so now iv got a lion sitting here, took him down to 2hp, he is now showing healing under knowledge but no skill is showing at all.
and i dont think he is getting any HP back......

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so now iv got a lion sitting here, took him down to 2hp, he is now showing healing under knowledge but no skill is showing at all.
and i dont think he is getting any HP back......
As long as the healing ability is on the lore screen after you tame it, it will gain healing skill later.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im actually playing with the healing right now.
what a bloody weird thing!
so i read up about it, went out, found a Saber Tooth and started bombing on it, it started to heal, checked it, it gained and it showed healing in the knowledge section.
so i decided i would bomb it more and get its healing up a bit before taming.
took it down again, healing still showed and it had raised but now healing was gone from the knowledge list????

WTF?????

so i bombed it again right down in HP and it gained in healing and was obviously healing itself and healing showed back on the knowledge list.

so i tamed it.
healing disappeared off the knowledge list.

so i took the Saber Tooth and parked him and started bombing on him down to like 4hp, he would gain it all back up, obviously healing himself, but his healing is not gaining and its still not showing on the knowledge list????

its so strange.

think ill stable this one and go try another and see what i see.
It’s all about the random. There is one out of six chance for the sabertootg tiger to keep the healing skill after taming.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s all about the random. There is one out of six chance for the sabertootg tiger to keep the healing skill after taming.
I don't believe this. I was at that meet and great. There are a lot of things the devs dont know about their own game.

He did not say "to keep the healing skill after taming."

If you take it literally, there is a 1 /6 chance to get a lion with healing. That's not correct either. The only way they gain the healing ability is if they use it while wild. You can't tame 6 of them and expect one to gain healing after being tamed without it.

When you damage one of them you can hear them use bandages. If you just happen to tame them right at that point it will have healing ability. Usually you fail taming since you have a 1/4 chance for taming to work. Then when you fail you have a 1/20 chance to start the taming process again. So the pet loses the ability by then.

I have spent 20 or 30 mins just trying to get one to hold the healing ability. I've worked two up to 25 healing skill and when I tamed it the ability wasn't there.

I have better luck starting a fresh one and hope to tame on the first try after I see healing on the ability screen.

They either have it when you tame them or they don't. Once tamed you cant release and try to tame again and get healing ability.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i was doing this yesterday i never did 'hear' the band-aids from the lion but what i did notice is that there was a couple lions that did not heal AT ALL.
then there was a big group of lions that would heal but slowly and the healing would come and go from their gump.
then there was the third group and they where few and far between the the healing was blatantly noticeable and it was cooking fast!
those ones when tamed kept the taming.

on a related note the one i tamed yesterday i have his healing up to 96 already.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on a related note the one i tamed yesterday i have his healing up to 96 already.
Thats fast. I just stick em on my vendor for 10M and move to next one.

Also Triceratops can gain healing.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Wow! It's taking my lion forever to gain healing.
i disco them then tell them to stay then cast poison onto them for a couple hours while toggling the whispering spell in the taming mastery.

makes it move fast.