• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An idea that should be looked into before F2P

Seynix

Adventurer
So if items are going to have a bunch of stats on them, it would be really nice to have a way to pull up the stats side by side so you know what is better. Like an inspect screen of sorts.

Let me know if this already exists! I just didn't see it, just little QoL things like this go a long ways especially if you are trying to attract new players.

JobriathCairn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd hope that this is one of the things the mannequins would eventually do - dress em and bring up a complete character stat sheet, resists, damage eaters, lrc the whole lot. Compare your suits side by side.
Sadly not so far.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying very hard for to get the devs to fix little things for new players in order to lay down the welcome map for when this game goes crazy popular, which it will do thanks to Endless Journey, namely, adding the :
Lower mana cost x%/+x% Max
description to studded armor etc.

And also been campaigning to improve the Character status to show pvm and pvp caps depending on your template.

Seynix

Adventurer
Sad, figured if we were going to have Diablo style stats we would get Diablo style item compare windows lol. I will survive, but new ppl trying the game might not be as patient.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
At the 20th Anniversary, someone made the suggestion that you be allowed to see the stats of a mannequin who is dressed up.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add a stats view to the salvage bag that shows the combined stats of the pieces in the bag. Then don't need a house or a mannequin and the salvage bags are low cost.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd settle for just seeing the ring and bracelet on a mannequin.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been trying very hard for to get the devs to fix little things for new players in order to lay down the welcome map for when this game goes crazy popular, which it will do thanks to Endless Journey, namely, adding the :
Lower mana cost x%/+x% Max
description to studded armor etc.

And also been campaigning to improve the Character status to show pvm and pvp caps depending on your template.
where the video librbary on uo.com?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They better look into giving rights to go into dungeons!! Right now people are farming 23/7 certain monsters for high end gear, if they can do it on free accounts they wont need to sub for those accounts anymore. There shouldn't be rights to any backpack drops until your paying for the game outside of things like minor things like old quests or haven quests. All I see coming is massive farming on a scale that will ruin UO for good. There are other things but this one is important to get right.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I assumed they wouldn't get backpack drops, it was already mentioned somewhere they couldn't get EM drops, which is similar-ish...any official word on that?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They better look into giving rights to go into dungeons!! Right now people are farming 23/7 certain monsters for high end gear, if they can do it on free accounts they wont need to sub for those accounts anymore. There shouldn't be rights to any backpack drops until your paying for the game outside of things like minor things like old quests or haven quests. All I see coming is massive farming on a scale that will ruin UO for good. There are other things but this one is important to get right.
You don't understand how free to play works. The idea is to give them content to do that anyone can do and entice them with smaller increments of purchases. Doing anything like what you're asking is more akin to a trial.

With your model it's less free to play and more pay to win.