• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anyone think the 7 days to wait to change town is a bit much?

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone think changing towns for the bonus and having to wait 7 days is a bit much it can make some peoples chars totally useless for 7 days.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does anyone think changing towns for the bonus and having to wait 7 days is a bit much it can make some peoples chars totally useless for 7 days.
Yes, it's too long... each election cycle there's a chance you might have to switch towns because of Governor changes that may also change their trade deal...

Especially after a character transfer to another shard.

There are a couple things they could do to fix that though.

#1) Allow the Citizen to choose which trade deal they want from the list. -Then the citizen could choose which city to be loyal to since they would be able to choose which buff they want individually, instead of the trade deal dictating it.

#2) Remove the 7-day timer for changing your citizenship. -This should automatically occur whenever you transfer your character.

There should also be a Fel version of the buff, but many people have been asking for that.... it is the main reason very few people (almost no one) play their Red characters anymore.

Makaveli

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should pay more attention before selecting then.
This is Town Loyalty, not Buff of the Day. ;)
yeah but when you x fer to another server alot your char is out of action for one week. which is madness. some of my suits are built round the FC1 bonus or 5 ssi bonus

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it's too long... each election cycle there's a chance you might have to switch towns because of Governor changes that may also change their trade deal...

#1) Allow the Citizen to choose which trade deal they want from the list. -Then the citizen could choose which city to be loyal to since they would be able to choose which buff they want individually, instead of the trade deal dictating it.

#2) Remove the 7-day timer for changing your citizenship. -This should automatically occur whenever you transfer your character.

There should also be a Fel version of the buff, but many people have been asking for that.... it is the main reason very few people (almost no one) play their Red characters anymore.

#1) YES. I have thought this would be a great change for some time. Wasn't the original purpose of having players as governor for rp purposes? Being able to chose the buff and not have to move towns might help to bring more rp aspect with the citizens and make a difference in who is elected in each town. I've been with Moonglow since the beginning. Thankfully the buff benefits my char, BUT the rp aspect of the town is pretty dead. Kylie Kinslayer is trying to get something going this weekend, thanks for that!!

#2) Hadn't really thought about how a transfer might affect someone getting back into play. Yes, making a transferred char wait 7 days is a bit much.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I agree with most all of what you said... especially that there should be a FEL version... there is no reason not to have one it ought to be part of VvV... if you take a town you ought to be able to pick a buff...

Just my thought... and I've always said the citizen ought to be able to pick the buff they want in the city they want to be loyal to... not have to find a city that has a buff and swap loyalty to cities they care nothing about... and lets face it most don't care... there are a few RPers like myself that actually care about what city they are loyal to but most don't.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only should citizens be able to choose their buff regardless of their town loyalty but they also should have to pay for it (either through trade deals or gold). We are way past the time when many towns on many shards can sustain a 2 million gold a week bill. In many cases the governors are footing the bill themselves or letting the buff lapse. So set a reasonable fee and let people choose what they want! Let's face it, in most cases town loyalty is only about the buff. For role playing purposes, I think this (meaning governors) was a great idea but sadly the overall role playing community is too small now for it to be what it could have been.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think your town should be chosen for life of the character and you should have to buy a token from store to change it. It was never meant to be the buff of the day for pvpers and personally i think the buff should be removed from fel all together.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the trade deal buffs should reflect what that town reperesents...
So like if there is a npc shop in that town, citizens should be available to pick what they want from a menu

If a town doesn't have a mage shop... there should not be any magic buff ability in that town.
So like Britain has everything as far as npc shops and guild buildings, so their citizens would be able to pick from any of them.

This way everyone's problem is solved....
Players pick the town / buff they want ... and it allows for roleplaying for the handful of governors that do so.

Just one man's opinion