• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How can I farm Crafting Talismans with my tailor/blacksmith?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I remember a couple of years ago there was some small quests in Heartwood I could take.
They were some small tailor and blacksmith orders I would fill and deliver.
I can't remember how I did those anymore and these days I only see people talking about Minotaurs and stuff?

Could someone let me know how to do it again? Can't remember at all...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Never mind....you can't walk a centimeter in Heartwood without someone offering you crafting quests.
Thought something had changed.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I remember a couple of years ago there was some small quests in Heartwood I could take.
They were some small tailor and blacksmith orders I would fill and deliver.
I can't remember how I did those anymore and these days I only see people talking about Minotaurs and stuff?

Could someone let me know how to do it again? Can't remember at all...
do the crossbow bolt quest

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Does Luck influence the rewards you get?

I'm getting weapons and jewelry now...2 years ago I think it was just recipes and talismans?

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Luck influence the rewards you get?

I'm getting weapons and jewelry now...2 years ago I think it was just recipes and talismans?
Confabulation.
Nothing changes, recipes and talismans is rare reward there.
The only difference is lvl of talismans in quest rewards a greatly droped: +11% +15% are common, +20% extremly rare.
May bee more complex heartwood quest can give you little better (quest for Ganman horns+Minotaur arts+..).
20%+ talismans drops now from peerles ( Dreadhorn etc.) and from some event monsters (Bosses).

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Confabulation was also a new word for us hehe.
Theron, seeing as you have Europa in your siggy, what are your current talismans at? We have some spare 26 for you if you like, for Tailor and Smithy. Still gives room to improve for yourself but might help a bit in the mean time.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Confabulation was also a new word for us hehe.
Theron, seeing as you have Europa in your siggy, what are your current talismans at? We have some spare 26 for you if you like, for Tailor and Smithy. Still gives room to improve for yourself but might help a bit in the mean time.
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer, but I really don't need anything right now.
I'm just looking to start getting some good talismans in general, nothing specific.
Many thanks for the offer though ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BODs are a point system now, where you can choose between getting full credit from a single BOD or adding a fraction (2% for a small, 20% for a large) - you just need to make sure you have your BOD settings set right (in each BOD, there is a gump to choose always reward, always pool, or prompt on each).
So, there are certain point levels for these crafting talismans (that have non-replenishing charges to keep from losing crafting materials). so you can do a crapton of small BODs for points, or a single large (or high end small, for smiths) to get the points for a talisman.

However, there seems to be an issue the devs were not aware of until we complained about it at the meetup, that the talismans can be anything from +11% to +30%, and tend to be closer to the bottom - even for the most valuable talismans. As Pawain said, the chance for +20%s seems to be only at the highest (50 charge) level, but it's not supposed to be that way - and even then they are a lot rarer than they should be (none of my 50-charges have been over +17%).

They said they'd look into making the higher-cost talismans have a higher minimum bonus, but they've probably not had time to work on it with the Sorceror's Dungeon fiasco going on.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill the Great Ape in Eodon. You need a quest to do damage to the Great Ape, because of bad design.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BODs are a point system now, where you can choose between getting full credit from a single BOD or adding a fraction (2% for a small, 20% for a large) - you just need to make sure you have your BOD settings set right (in each BOD, there is a gump to choose always reward, always pool, or prompt on each).
So, there are certain point levels for these crafting talismans (that have non-replenishing charges to keep from losing crafting materials). so you can do a crapton of small BODs for points, or a single large (or high end small, for smiths) to get the points for a talisman.

However, there seems to be an issue the devs were not aware of until we complained about it at the meetup, that the talismans can be anything from +11% to +30%, and tend to be closer to the bottom - even for the most valuable talismans. As Pawain said, the chance for +20%s seems to be only at the highest (50 charge) level, but it's not supposed to be that way - and even then they are a lot rarer than they should be (none of my 50-charges have been over +17%).

They said they'd look into making the higher-cost talismans have a higher minimum bonus, but they've probably not had time to work on it with the Sorceror's Dungeon fiasco going on.
These sell for millions. I have hungry pets to feed.

Bribe to max and do your BODs no need to hoard em. I've got a few like this. I kept this one cause it has my name on it.

upload_2017-10-10_15-15-44.png