• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player, characters gone, mythic token time?

Seynix

Adventurer
So I have been gone for 6 years or so and I was able to recover my account. The problem is that my characters are gone (wtf), the accounts are empty and customer service can't assist apparently. So I make another guy and remember how long it is going to take me to get over 90 in taming again lol...

Here is the dumb thing though, because I put 10ish hours into this guy now I can' use the mythic token because he is over 200 skill points? If I buy it, it can only be used on a fresh character? So I go to delete him, nope gotta wait 7 days! *sigh*

The question is, can I set the skills to decrease and use the token or do I pretty much have to delete him before I can use it? (I want to keep the name at least)

Seynix

Adventurer
My account age was wacky too, dropped my years down to months (again, random) so I can't use that vet stone that lets you dump skills.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So I have been gone for 6 years or so and I was able to recover my account. The problem is that my characters are gone (wtf), the accounts are empty and customer service can't assist apparently. So I make another guy and remember how long it is going to take me to get over 90 in taming again lol...

Here is the dumb thing though, because I put 10ish hours into this guy now I can' use the mythic token because he is over 200 skill points? If I buy it, it can only be used on a fresh character? So I go to delete him, nope gotta wait 7 days! *sigh*

The question is, can I set the skills to decrease and use the token or do I pretty much have to delete him before I can use it? (I want to keep the name at least)
If you are still relatively close to 200 total skill points, you can try getting a soulstone to drop your highest skill down to 0, then use the mythic token. Other than that, there is unfortunately no way to drop your skills without raising something else.

While you can't delete a character for 7 days, you can create a new character with the same name if you want since you can have up to 6 characters per shard (7 if you purchase that upgrade), and names don't need to be unique.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So you only have 1 character? Do you have a house?

Make another character, put mythic token in house, log onto new character, use token.

Seynix

Adventurer
Wow, I did not know you can have duplicate names. Well that saves me having to wait 7 days to use the token then! I will just make a fresh character and use it unless I am missing something else.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Customer Service, isn't.

IF you are having something odd like missing characters, contact Mesanna directly. the EA CS guys are totally clueless about UO.