• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost my Commodity Deed Box - any suggestions on where else to look?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
When I came back to UO I had a Commodity Deed Box filled with several types of deeds, barbed leather, relic fragments, a whole bunch of things.

When housing came back up I got it and locked it in the house. Had to customize the house and took everything again...thing is I never found the Commodity Deed Box ever again.

I looked on all backpacks and banks of each character I have. Looked through all the containers inside the house as well...nothing. I'm starting to think that I got the old "you're too heavy, so let me drop this on the floor right here" scenario.

Any suggestions on where to look for it that I might have overlooked? For someone coming back and trying to get on their feet again it's a pretty crappy thing to happen.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I came back to UO I had a Commodity Deed Box filled with several types of deeds, barbed leather, relic fragments, a whole bunch of things.

When housing came back up I got it and locked it in the house. Had to customize the house and took everything again...thing is I never found the Commodity Deed Box ever again.

I looked on all backpacks and banks of each character I have. Looked through all the containers inside the house as well...nothing. I'm starting to think that I got the old "you're too heavy, so let me drop this on the floor right here" scenario.

Any suggestions on where to look for it that I might have overlooked? For someone coming back and trying to get on their feet again it's a pretty crappy thing to happen.
Check your moving crate

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Means its empty ): Sorry. You using ec to search your house. Only time I use ec is to find stuff.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

you probably did but Im going to ask anyways when you checked all the containers did you check every bag inside the containers bank , and your back pack? did you make sure to move your stuff around it make sure that it might be hidden under something like under a big chest. do you have a beetle ?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
you probably did but Im going to ask anyways when you checked all the containers did you check every bag inside the containers bank , and your back pack? did you make sure to move your stuff around it make sure that it might be hidden under something like under a big chest. do you have a beetle ?
I checked all the bags inside containers. I then started to use the EC search function just on the top container as it seems to pick up anything inside no matter where it is located.

I didn't move stuff around just because I'm using the EC with a grid.

I do have a beetle, also checked that, but empty

Thanks for the suggestions

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked all the bags inside containers. I then started to use the EC search function just on the top container as it seems to pick up anything inside no matter where it is located.

I didn't move stuff around just because I'm using the EC with a grid.

I do have a beetle, also checked that, but empty

Thanks for the suggestions
no problem your sure removed it from the house before you customized? this has happened to me when I customized the container went under the steps when I commited the design. last thing unless I think of something else make sure to check every spot in the house you cant see unless you use the trans circle.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
no problem your sure removed it from the house before you customized? this has happened to me when I customized the container went under the steps when I commited the design. last thing unless I think of something else make sure to check every spot in the house you cant see unless you use the trans circle.
Well I even went into customize mode, but seen nothing at the foundation level. Next step would be to demolish the house to be sure...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had items fall under the lower floor on the ground

Try control shift keys maybe or page a gm and ask him/ her to look for it

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I even went into customize mode, but seen nothing at the foundation level. Next step would be to demolish the house to be sure...
customized mode you won't see it I think everything goes into the moving crate and comes back out when your finished unless you place a wall etc on the tile

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which shard are you on, Theron? I'm guessing it might be Europa? If yes, I should have a commodity deed box from when I had a house there. If I can find it, it's yours.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Which shard are you on, Theron? I'm guessing it might be Europa? If yes, I should have a commodity deed box from when I had a house there. If I can find it, it's yours.
Thanks Tina, you got it right it's on Europa.
Much appreciated.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you forgot to lock it down it would have gone out under the house sign did you look there?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you forgot to lock it down it would have gone out under the house sign did you look there?
Thanks for the suggestion.
How can I do that?
Demolish the house to check under it? I don't have much in it anyway...

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least on CC, pressing Shift and Control at once will highlight names of everything near you, regardless of whether they are under or behind furniture or some such.It is a bit unreliable at times but certainly worth a go.

Edit..already suggested, nm

Have faith and be patient!Often something thought lost shows up in most unlikely container. "DOHH that's where it was?!"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are using the EC you need to be sure you have it set to dynamic items... otherwise ctrl+shift will only bring up what you have selected...

And using that ought to bring up anything in your house.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also when using the EC you can set a filter to "Commodity" so when you hit Ctl Shift only the box will show up. If it does, lock it down and then retrieve it. The option to set the filter is the Object Handler Action - you can add it to a bar and it's located on the Other Tab of the Actions List.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
At least on CC, pressing Shift and Control at once will highlight names of everything near you, regardless of whether they are under or behind furniture or some such.It is a bit unreliable at times but certainly worth a go.

Edit..already suggested, nm

Have faith and be patient!Often something thought lost shows up in most unlikely container. "DOHH that's where it was?!"
I really hope you're right

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you are using the EC you need to be sure you have it set to dynamic items... otherwise ctrl+shift will only bring up what you have selected...

And using that ought to bring up anything in your house.
It's set for dynamic items, unfortunately nothing came up.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well, just for closure I demolished the house in hopes to see something but nothing.
Guess it's gone for good. Fortunately @Tina Small lend a hand and gave me a new Commodity deed box along with other goodies, many thanks for that!
That keeps being the big difference between this game and other out there...the wonderful community you just can't quit.
Thank you all for the help.