• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween 2017 - Questions from a Returned Player....

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Hello UHall....
I have returned after a very loooong absence & have never done a Halloween event before, so the event is completely new to me.

Question 1 :
Is there any point keeping the Halloween Candy I collect doing Trick or Treat?

Question 2 :
I have heard having a GM Beggar, can lead to some better rewards, whilst Trick or Treating.
***** Do you have to be a GM Beggar to get the better rewards? (My Beggar is currently at around 60 Skill)

Question 3 :
NAMED BONES CONTAINERS?
The only info I have found on this is from 2013 on UOGUIDE
Zombie Skeletons
The Zombie Skeletons of the recently deceased players are seen in graveyards across Britannia and the Lost Lands. There is a chance for them to drop a bone container named after the player (eg. Cogniac's Bones) in one of the the random hues.

Zombie Skeleton
The Zombie Skeletons of the recently deceased players are seen in graveyards across Britannia and the Lost Lands. There is a chance for them to drop a bone container named after the player (eg. Cogniac's Bones) in one of the the random hues.
If this is the case, where & how is it found in 2017?

Question 4 :
Horn of Plenty that yields an "Ale Table"?
Is this from Huntmasters Challenge throughout October?
Or from somewhere else?

Hoping that you clued up UHall posters can help one of the "Oldest Newbies" around these days. :D

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would answer all of these for you but I"m afraid my responses would be looked at as more than a little negative and it would taint your return to UO. Welcome back either way.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Welcome back! :D
Question 1 - No it just hurts your teeth.
Question 2 - My husband has gm begging but so far he didn't get a scarecrow, did get a few other rare things like the little caravan.
Question 3 - The named bones don't seem to be working at all yet.
Question 4 - The horns of Plenty, from Huntmaster, will be on again in November, but if you already have charges you can use them now with a chance of an Ale Table.

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Welcome back! :D
Question 1 - No it just hurts your teeth.
Question 2 - My husband has gm begging but so far he didn't get a scarecrow, did get a few other rare things like the little caravan.
Question 3 - The named bones don't seem to be working at all yet.
Question 4 - The horns of Plenty, from Huntmaster, will be on again in November, but if you already have charges you can use them now with a chance of an Ale Table.

Thank you :)

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
I would answer all of these for you but I"m afraid my responses would be looked at as more than a little negative and it would taint your return to UO. Welcome back either way.
Being a naive "Old Newbie", I have no idea what your meaning is.... *sighs*

But Thank You for Your "Welcome Back" :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Question 1 :

Actually yes, they are worth 1 turn in point a piece..so depending on how often/long you trick or treat the points add up :)

Question 2 :
I have heard having a GM Beggar, can lead to some better rewards, whilst Trick or Treating.
***** Do you have to be a GM Beggar to get the better rewards? (My Beggar is currently at around 60 Skill)

GM Begging is the only way (So we have been told) to get the rare items. Last year I had 95 begging and got all of the items except for the 4 rare ones (Gypsy Wagon Lamp, Apple Cider, Giant Pumpkin and.....the other one that I forgot what it was :/) This year I have GM begging and around 1400 luck and got the gypsy wagon lamp almost right away, no scarecrow yet though.

Question 3 :
NAMED BONES CONTAINERS?

SUPPOSED to be turned on but they either forgot, it's broken or both :( New graphic and new hues along with new gargoyle bones so I HOPE they turn it on soon!

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Question 1 :

Actually yes, they are worth 1 turn in point a piece..so depending on how often/long you trick or treat the points add up :)

Question 2 :

GM Begging is the only way (So we have been told) to get the rare items. Last year I had 95 begging and got all of the items except for the 4 rare ones (Gypsy Wagon Lamp, Apple Cider, Giant Pumpkin and.....the other one that I forgot what it was :/) This year I have GM begging and around 1400 luck and got the gypsy wagon lamp almost right away, no scarecrow yet though.

Question 3 :
NAMED BONES CONTAINERS?

SUPPOSED to be turned on but they either forgot, it's broken or both :( New graphic and new hues along with new gargoyle bones so I HOPE they turn it on soon!

Thank you for taking the time to reply Larisa :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you need to be GM Beggar to obtain a scarecrow?
Anyone?
No... ..... long ago they said you had to have GM Begging to get the drop of the year whatever... but it hasn't ever been that way... just like JOAT can track and sometimes reveal a 120 stealther... Anyone with 0 begging can get a scarecrow... you'll just have to be VERY persistent... the chances are about like your chance at a rare fish being a 120 fisherman wearing the fishing suit and using bait..... and fishing from a tokuno ship with the bonus... it's there... so they say...

Or maybe up there with getting moonstone jewelry off the cook in Wrong... slim chance... if you are willing to grind your fingers to the bone... actually you might have better chances getting the scarecrow than the fisher would getting that fish...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would have to say yes to the needing GM Begging.

Like I said before, I had 95 last year and got everything BUT the 4 ~Rare~ Items..

This year I have GM Begging and I got the Gypsy Wagon Lamp almost right away...and I trick or treated A LOT last year.

Also I have found that luck helps..at least for me.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn in candy at city trash cans or a home barrel trash can. I agree with Larisa on the gm begging for the *rare* Items. Yes you can get items without gm but not once under gm did I get one of the rare items. Qualifications you ask? At least 10k of each candy in my bank.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Rng runs a bit like this: I ToT for 1.5 hours I will get five drops average, 3 of those drops are almost always clumped in a 5 min window..after 1.5 hours my drops drop to 1 per 200 trick or treats.(gets real slow)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
my char has 0 luck, 0 fame, 0 karma, 100 begging and has gotten 6 scarecrows in about 6 hours of trick or treating (total time on 3 different days)
have thrown away 12k candy but kept 2K candy (jellybeans for easter, wrapped candy for Christmas, & pixie stix for valentines)

someone on our shard has 98.6 begging and doesn't get any of the rare ones & they had luck on their char
said they had slow gains but mine worked up real fast last year, I really wanted that gypsy wagon lamp!!!

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ive gotten 4 scarecrows, a crystal skull, 6 gypsy wagons, a large pumpkin deed and numerous heads on spikes and spider webs so far. I keep the candy in a crate just for the heck of it. You have to be gm beggar to get the good drops.

Andromeda

Visitor
any more information on the bone containers hues? and types? im noticing sitting upright bone containers and about 5 colours?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are two types of Skeleton Knights (the ones with swords and shields) dropping skeleton containerss.

1. The ones bearing character name variations (the short name, the name with reputation title, the name with suffix, the name with subtitle, etc.) can have the NEW type skeletons. However, it seems to be about a 20-25% chance at best.
  2. The ones that are just "Skeletal Knight"/"Bone Knight" ALSO have a similar chance at OLD STYLE skeleton containers (as from previous years); possibly slightly higher chance than the named skeletons.

As for the Trick or Treating, some of the OLD rare rewards were made to require less than GM Begging 2-3 years ago (IIRC, the Gypsy wagon was after that change) - however, that was also stated then not to apply to the newest rewards. It is likely the reward schedule is still working that way, but the line for GM/sub-GM might or might not change from year to year (might be an automatic change, or a manual one).