• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uh... Guys? Bit of a fail here...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any more than the fact that the company is a 30 minute drive from the Bill of Rights, but "Constitution" is considered a naughty word and you can't use the name for a ship or pet? :wall:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As George Carlin pointed out nearly 50 years ago, "tit" doesn't really belong on the list.

Quoting the master:
It sounds like a snack food (yeah, I know it is)
"Try new Nabisco TITS!!! There's Cheese Tits, Corn Tits, Tater Tits.... BETCHA CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!!!!" - George Carlin

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this conversation came up a month ago when they where released.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The obscenity filter needs an major overhaul. T&A shouldn't be naughty words in UO, we aren't living in a puritanical theocracy.

When one considers how liberally the F-bomb was dropped during the anniversary party, I think it's clear that were adult enough to handle words containing "tit" and "ass" in them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For that matter, an author I've met in real life, while researching a time travel book, was astonished to find out that PREACHERS used to regularly drop the F-Bomb in sermons, prior to the Civil War. The word (and many other commonly used vulgarities) only became "unsayable" words because of VICTORIAN ERA BS (like, ignoring the existence of prostitutes and opium dens).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As George Carlin pointed out nearly 50 years ago, "tit" doesn't really belong on the list.

Quoting the master:
He and Jack Nicholson always remind me of my Father.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just need women allowed to wear as little as men are allowed to. After a few years everyone will get used to it and not find it obscene or even take much notice of it. Talk to men who have worked a few years in strip bars if you doubt that.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just need women allowed to wear as little as men are allowed to. After a few years everyone will get used to it and not find it obscene or even take much notice of it. Talk to men who have worked a few years in strip bars if you doubt that.
Ok I have no problems hearing the word tit, as a grown up though, I don't need to see them everywhere I go.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Apparently going into my obscenity filter and deleting the word "Tit" from it fixed it... even though I don't have the filter on. But it's still going to be messed up for anyone who doesn't do that.
was that in EC or CC? This filter?? NM I found it It now says Titans

Last edited: