• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the worst thing you lost and then found?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After spending time searching on and off across 6 shards for this Demon Cameo (That I finally got a month ago) I was ready to write it off as gone......... Then the last house on the last account on the last shard while searching for something else. I opened pouch, inside of a bag in side of a crate inside of a metal chest..... inside of another crate and there was my cameo that I had pretty much given up on finding. I suspect many of us have this self imposed torment often :)

cameo.png

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure.

I've definitely lost some valuable stuff, but I'm still looking for it.

Hopefully I'll find it, but by then it probably won't be worth anything.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mind.. but it was just where I left it .... in UO running after my pet...

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After spending time searching on and off across 6 shards for this Demon Cameo (That I finally got a month ago) I was ready to write it off as gone......... Then the last house on the last account on the last shard while searching for something else. I opened pouch, inside of a bag in side of a crate inside of a metal chest..... inside of another crate and there was my cameo that I had pretty much given up on finding. I suspect many of us have this self imposed torment often :)

View attachment 72792

I think I've found your problem

cameo.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure.

I've definitely lost some valuable stuff, but I'm still looking for it.

Hopefully I'll find it, but by then it probably won't be worth anything.
Or by the time you find it... it will be a rare and worth even more :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath I see your filter is busted......
I have an idea to find your missing item..
Use an account you don't use much that might be off or create a trial account and friend them to the house.. have it look for the item that's missing.
As others have said it might be how your account is seeing things.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I lost a Giant Beetle when I was telestormed as a ghost from Trinsic to Cove, in an invasion sometime in the AoS/SE era on Lake Austin. Not being able to find it (it had died and my body had decayed before I could return, and my control slots dropped to zero), I had my guildmates at the time tame me another that I give the same name.

Skip forward to after the release of ML, and my new guildmates (my old guild had left UO for Guild Wars) call me and tell me they see my beetle in Cove. This is strange, because was ON my beetle at the time.

I go to Cove, and sure enough, I see my beetle's name on the edge of the screen, on top the mountain behind Cove. I call "All follow me", and suddenly I have a beetle ghost beside me, and my control slots read 6/5. I had one of my guildies rez it, then I passed it off to them for long enough to change characters. I then took ownership of the long-lost beetle that had spent about 2 years as a ghost in Cove on my mage, and I've had it ever since (only releasing it and retame it with the taming changes to drop it to 1 slot, so I could now cast 2 EVs or EEs while I have it out)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A box with all my characters personal bless deeds, AOS roses and clothing etc.

I apparently accidentally dropped it into a box of house decorations that were all in deed form... the important box got covered up by the 80+ generic deeds, so I couldn't find it for weeks and never thought to dig through the box that only had decoration deeds. After looking through pretty much every other box in three houses I emptied out the deed box out of desperation, and there it was, at the very bottom of the last box like it was mocking me.

I'm glad I found it though, it would have been depressing to lose all the history of my characters like that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A box with all my characters personal bless deeds, AOS roses and clothing etc.

I apparently accidentally dropped it into a box of house decorations that were all in deed form... the important box got covered up by the 80+ generic deeds, so I couldn't find it for weeks and never thought to dig through the box that only had decoration deeds. After looking through pretty much every other box in three houses I emptied out the deed box out of desperation, and there it was, at the very bottom of the last box like it was mocking me.

I'm glad I found it though, it would have been depressing to lose all the history of my characters like that.
Yeah I know the bad feeling I would have if I ever lost my box of historical stuff. Worthless to most people but a Valentines Card from Lady Phoenix, a book from Mad Mardigan, a Obsidian Bust from Tov and Dai, Each years Great Zoogie Hunt books when I did that event on legends, this or that crafted by whomever. A lot of those folks passed away over the years and other just moved on but were good friends while they were here. All legends stuff and I keep that box out of other boxes and safely locked down in the corner of the same house. That kind of stuff is worth more to me than all the plats in the game. In a way it is a piece of the history of Legends. I might dabble on other shards but Legends and Siege will always be my home and where my history and heart in the game is. Still love GL as that is where it all began but legends is where I really made friends and those things in that box represent a large part of that journey through UO :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrath I see your filter is busted......
I have an idea to find your missing item..
Use an account you don't use much that might be off or create a trial account and friend them to the house.. have it look for the item that's missing.
As others have said it might be how your account is seeing things.
If you are referring to the UNUs I think something is screwy in half my accounts character files. I can patch log in on one character and see everything fine. Then log out and log onto one of the 10 accounts, on the same patched client and all I see is UNU. Been that way since we could first get the Ale Tables, and anything new after that is pretty much a UNU on those 10 accts, the other 12 accts see everything fine. Someday when I feel like resetting all the macros I will wipe everything UO from my computer and reinstall, but since I just did that few months ago on a the new computer I am in no hurry to do it again.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Misplaced a soulstone with 120 taming on it. Spent 45mins looking for it in panic mode. Couldn't find it. :mad:
Logged out with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Didn't log back into UO for over a week.:sad3:

About 9 days later I logged back in determined to not care so much abt a silly computer game.
Found it 2 days later & started yelling "F&^$ YA !!" so loud I think my neighbors thought I was crazy.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Misplaced a soulstone with 120 taming on it. Spent 45mins looking for it in panic mode. Couldn't find it. :mad:
Logged out with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Didn't log back into UO for over a week.:sad3:

About 9 days later I logged back in determined to not care so much abt a silly computer game.
Found it 2 days later & started yelling "F&^$ YA !!" so loud I think my neighbors thought I was crazy.
Heh accidently deleted 120 taming off a soulstone. Moral of story don't play with soulstones while enjoying a bowl of coco crispies.

On topic I lost a box with my artifact tools in it. Come to find out it was in my moving crate because I built a wall where it was originally placed.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh I hear that one ... reinstalling every macro and settings is hard on 1 account but a ton .... yea the darn thing can sit there till I am good and ready
hehe

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh accidently deleted 120 taming off a soulstone. Moral of story don't play with soulstones while enjoying a bowl of coco crispies.

On topic I lost a box with my artifact tools in it. Come to find out it was in my moving crate because I built a wall where it was originally placed.
LOL we shall not speak of soul stone accidents......... The moving crate has scared me a time or three as well.

I think I spent about as much time getting that Cameo as it took to train taming up to 120 the first time :( Funny how we always find what we couldn't when we stop looking for it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I once remarked a whole runebook when I couldn't find it under another runebook because the container I put it in looked big, but everything seemed to drop in just one corner.

Capidermus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I lost my main character's whispering rose about six years ago. I think it had gotten misplaced in a house move somehow way back then.

A few months ago, I was shopping around on some vendors and lo and behold, there it was for sale. Seven years later, it made its way back home.