• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its ON!!!!!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well technically it IS October now.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Occasionally I saw a flicker of an object or Monster and also heard a Monster sound once, but there is nothing. I Guess the system is populating the area now with spawn locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The content is on... Butchers in the Graveyard... Large pumpkins in patches that turn to Grimm's and carvable pumpkins on their corpses...

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix thanks... *waves frantically* my Spellweaving bug I sent on email, please help me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha, ive got my 2 new pumpkins already!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1:40 AM.....you people are insane...and Kyronix? 1:40 in the morning???

This is why we love our team......

Have fun everyone!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far after about 2 hours of TrT I got one Head on a spike. I have GM begging. Does luck on your suit make any difference? What about wearing a mask? Any special tricks into getting the good stuff?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK, bad news.
Discord on the bosses work exactly as it does on Dreadhorn and other ML peerless.
1% from resistance and 1.4% from skills :/

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Discorded Nightmare Fairy stats to prove:
upload_2017-10-1_12-56-10.png upload_2017-10-1_12-56-18.png upload_2017-10-1_12-56-24.png
upload_2017-10-1_12-56-31.png upload_2017-10-1_12-56-40.png upload_2017-10-1_12-56-46.png

Next one I get I will try to get before disco and after disco stats. But as you can see, Wrestling, tactics, resist spells and anatomy dropped very slightly. And so did the resists. No way it would have 111 energy resist.

Attachments

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorc dungeon is a huge lag fest on Atlantic lol. Fields all over the place.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix Any chance you cna check the timers on Trick or Treat start and end?

From past experience, it seems to start on Oct 1 either at local midnight or server maintenance (which is generally 4AM or 5AM local time), BUT....
On October 31, it typically ends at Midnight GMT.

So, depending on which part of the world you are at, you can have Trick or Treat shut off as early as 7-8 PM local time (west coast servers) on Halloween, effectively being able to trick or treat all month EXCEPT the night most appropriate for it.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone see any new pumpkins I read it said new “round pumpkins” and two new carvings
Or can we just use old pumpkins and carve the new pictures

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really kind of sad that nearly everything in the main floor of the dungeon is pathetically weak. The favored tactic seems to be to throw out a reaper and then stand there casting essence of wind or wither. The chances of you dying are low. Very, very low.

Every mob dies as soon as it spawns. The respawn also need to be dialed up (think quicksilver elementals).

@Kyronix

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
guy using 5 chars, puts 5 trees out and rising colasass. lame. people not happy about multi use again lol. spawn rate wont matter when it comes to this lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone see any new pumpkins I read it said new “round pumpkins” and two new carvings
Or can we just use old pumpkins and carve the new pictures
new round ones on the Grimm corpses

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's really kind of sad that nearly everything in the main floor of the dungeon is pathetically weak. The favored tactic seems to be to throw out a reaper and then stand there casting essence of wind or wither. The chances of you dying are low. Very, very low.

Every mob dies as soon as it spawns. The respawn also need to be dialed up (think quicksilver elementals).

@Kyronix
This, so much this.
Everything dies before you can target them.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We got a Paragon Snowman on Pac @Kyronix. So far it seems unkillable. Is that working as intended?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We got a Paragon Snowman on Pac @Kyronix. So far it seems unkillable. Is that working as intended?
im not gonna lie that is one of the funniest things i have read in a while!
its Ilsh, anything that spawns in ilsh has a chance of spawning as a paragon.
after doing a round of the bosses earlier today id have to say that out of all the bosses the only one i would not want to see as a paragon is the changling one, the rest die fairly easy.
take in a couple 5 slot fire beetles that should 'melt away' your pesky paragon snowman.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so here is a question.
i noticed when a room goes active the original spawn also comes active again.
im assuming that we do not have a chance of getting a drop off of the normal spawn?
not a big deal for most of the rooms but im thinking about the one on the bottom level with the lich lord and collector of souls.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
new round ones on the Grimm corpses
Okay so I finally got 4 of the new round pumpkins and 4 new carving kits all came as cats how do you get the owl ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so I finally got 4 of the new round pumpkins and 4 new carving kits all came as cats how do you get the owl ?
Are they like this? Or another type? if like this. One is always more rare than the other.

upload_2017-10-1_18-53-25.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so here is a question.
i noticed when a room goes active the original spawn also comes active again.
im assuming that we do not have a chance of getting a drop off of the normal spawn?
not a big deal for most of the rooms but im thinking about the one on the bottom level with the lich lord and collector of souls.
The spawn is only in one area at a time on LS. I dont understand your Q. How do you tell the "Orignal" spawn from the spawn now?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you have been in there before this event you would know what the 'original spawn' for that area is.
take for example the basement, the demonsx2, elder demon, effreetx2 and LL are original spawn for that room and they spawn when that room is active.
hence me wondering if they give you drops.
i dont think they do.
hard to tell though, the drop rate is so ridiculously low due to spawn rate vs players there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are they like this? Or another type? if like this. One is always more rare than the other.

View attachment 72825
those are the 2 i got on sonoma last night (this morning)
i got a lot more owls then i did cats.
the pumpkins themselves seem to spawn the same as the normal and the green ones, i pulled 10 of each last night in about a hour.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those are the 2 i got on sonoma last night (this morning)
i got a lot more owls then i did cats.
the pumpkins themselves seem to spawn the same as the normal and the green ones, i pulled 10 of each last night in about a hour.
Awesome! We have 3 pumpkin types. I guess I will do the fields again. I have many uncarved from the past.

Also Grimm spawns in Sorc dungeon. Also I saw the pumpkin king drop little pumpkins. Do those say anything on them?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When the content was on TC they did confirm they intended for the "bosses" to have a chance to be Paragon.. and they are indeed TOUGH to kill when they are that way.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the content was on TC they did confirm they intended for the "bosses" to have a chance to be Paragon.. and they are indeed TOUGH to kill when they are that way.
We killed it eventually, but it's tough with just a few people and nobody having the right damage type pet.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We were told that yes, it was planned that the bosses could spawn paragon for a chance at paragon chests.

However, the Nightmare fairy is a bit OP as a paragon, even if it's weak normally.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so I did 4 more of the new pumpkins and got 4 owls lol

The drop rate for the burning scarecrow is to low I think it’s because of all the other items in the list, I’m getting items from years and years ago so the list is very diluted down

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks

so other than the scarecrow is there anything else new for trick and treat or is that it?
Nope that's it..the Flaming Scarecrow....which I haven't gotten yet but have gotten a ton of the old stuff.

Here are the full patch notes.....of course the skeletons I guess aren't going to be happening unless they fix those when they fix the sorc dungeons that are broken still.

Halloween – Treasures of the Sorcerer’s Dungeon

• The popular Halloween Treasures event returns! This year, the Sorcerer’s Dungeon has been taken over by the Pumpkin King!
    • Event will be active on production shards during the month of October, 2017.
  • Slay creatures inside the Sorcerer’s Dungeon to summon the Pumpkin King’s Minions!
  • Defeat the minions to face the Pumpkin King himself!
  • Recover Artifacts of Enchanted Origin to keep, or exchange for rewards from the Researcher outside the dungeon entrance,
    • Jack’s Bag of Tricks
      • Usable during the month of October, this bag of tricks can be used once per day to see what goodies are inside Jack’s bag!
      • Collect candy, or if you’re lucky a rare item including,
        • Rancid Reindeer Meat
        • Glass Candy Cane
        • Severed Elf Ears
        • Exploding Gift Box
        • Ugly Bear Doll
        • Spiked Egg Nog
    • Serpent’s Jawbone
      • A teleporter that can be used to teleport to various locations throughout Ilshenar
    • Jack in the Box
      • A grizzly take on the classic children’s toy
    • Shackled Heart of the Pumpkin King
      • Use it if you dare!
    • Reward Titles
      • Hero of the Unloved
      • Savior of the Demented
      • Slayer of the Pumpkin King
    • Sterling Silver Ring
    • Talons/Boots of Escaping
Halloween – Trick or Treating

• Trick or Treating returns with a new treat – the flaming scarecrow!
  • Saying “Trick or Treat” to an NPC will have a chance at a variety of tricks and treats!
  • Trick or Treating will be active during the month of October on Production
  • Visit the gates in New Haven on TC1 before testing.
Halloween – Zombie Skeletons

• Beware of graveyards this Halloween – zombie skeletons return with new skeletons to add to your collection!
  • Players who face death in the month of October have a chance to see their spirit reincarnated as a skeleton in one of Britannia’s graveyards.
  • Skeletons come in a variety of styles with a chance of rare hues!
  • Visit the gates in New Haven on TC1 before testing.
Halloween – Jack o’ Lanterns

• The pumpkin patches of Britannia are once again fertile with pumpkins to carve and add to your collection!
  • Look for a new round pumpkin to carve into two new designs, an owl and cat!
  • Pumpkins and Butchers will be active during the month of October on Production.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I FINALLY got the cat....25 butchers later...

Now if the Zombies were turned on I would be THRILLED!

Still need the scarecrow....

Got 23 drops yesterday in Sorc Dungeon, about 8 people on Origin runnin the gauntlet..was fun!