• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween Content and Begging

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesnt say anything about Begging but having Begging while TOTing is how you get the items. Has been that way for past few years.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah.. seems like some of the rarer items were only available with the begging skill.. either that or they had a greater chance of dropping if you had begging. I just know I trained it to GM for some reason and those would have been the only reasons in my book lol

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could be wrong but Year’s ago you had to beg for different rare items along with trick or treat

I believe now you get a bonus with begging

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah though it doesn't always work.

when it was on Test, I put GM Begging on my char and got nothing in 3 hours...well..a small web...and...one other thing :/

When it's live...last year on Origin I had 95 Begging and I got TONS of the heads on pikes, skulls etc. but none of the rare items...the Giant Pumpkin, Apple Cider thingy, Gypsy Wagon Lamp...so I THINK with GM Begging you have more of a chance to get the rare items but everything else you'll get.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With this years posted event items im certain begging will be the last thing on most peoples minds. I myself want the jawbone which lets u tele into Ilsh. but... i do have gm begging ready for my downtimes from active hunting. As in past years u will have to have gm in begging to get the good "treats." Im really looking forward to this years Halloween events! I missed last years! Hah plus the comeback of the player skeles LOL gonna be a good Halloween i bet!

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess my question is do you only get a bonus at gm begging or does it just enhance your chances? spent a whole day begging only gained 1.4 points... 98.1 now. cant tell ya how many times i dumped the backpack with the junk.. On a lighter note, Begging really sucks, i mean shouldnt begging actually give you coins? 0-98.1 and i've gotten less than 100 coins. pretty bad for any career beggar and the begging drops in regular season are the worst.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess my question is do you only get a bonus at gm begging or does it just enhance your chances? spent a whole day begging only gained 1.4 points... 98.1 now. cant tell ya how many times i dumped the backpack with the junk.. On a lighter note, Begging really sucks, i mean shouldnt begging actually give you coins? 0-98.1 and i've gotten less than 100 coins. pretty bad for any career beggar and the begging drops in regular season are the worst.
I do better putting on my hobo clothes and taking a few empty suitcases and sign saying will work for food to a street corner (And spitting on people that offer food or work, instead of money) than I do begging in UO :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I trained begging by setting up a skill use macro in UOAssist, then walked from NPC to NPC in Heartwood.

You get various loot items from begging there, some of which are considerably more rare than others.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Siege I look forward to the many scriptin....errrr hard working ToTrs as they flood the cities all day and night.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When will Halloween actually start? Tomorrow or Monday?