• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Veritae's music box gear?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it still possible to get Veritae's music box gear?
Where is Veritae? Is it possible to still get the books that she wants?
Is there an alternate route to getting this gear, like, say, from Sutek?
Can this be gotten by killing paragon golems or those other robotic nasties in Ilsh'nar?

Help. My life is just not complete without full music boxes.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's impossible to get other than buying it from another player these days unfortunately. It was from a limited time only quest.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can keep an eye on vs as well for the music box in general. At times folks who do not know throw a box on vendor that has the track in it so you can snag them for cheap that way... only downside is having to fill that particular one up.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few mind you who know rare songs and put up the music boxes loaded with these songs for a fortune...
I went through a old container of gears I have not used yet and found a Wanderer one in it. didn't think to look for the other one....ok back to looking....

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly you cant get IT anymore. I have one unused but i wont sell for any reasonable price :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix please provide an alternate way to get this gear.
I would support this as long as they added a [Replica] to the line where it is in the music box or something along those lines. LOTS of folks have paid out the rear to have the track in their collection. Sure, I know it is petty... but those of us who spent hours and hours looking for it should still have some small benefit from the time and money invested in having it... just my .02

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree and I feel they need to add [replica] to the mini house deeds in the store! I know many many people in the shard trading world that busted their backsides to get complete collections.
Absolutely NO argument outta that one from me. I was on a "break" from UO due to life being hectic when they put the higher end deeds on the UO Store. When I returned and saw that I was.. errr.. .well, let's just say I can not adequately explain the emotions without getting a "language infraction" from Stratics mods lol. I spent a good three to four years looking through countless vendors (BEFORE vendor search) in order to finally find the Castle and a couple others. Only to now have them have very little value... *gets offa soapbox and shut's up before he really gets rolling and catches an infraction* lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Don't forget that adding Obsidian, Pumice and Blackmore without any title change wasn't cool either. I realize they were lowish end rares but comeon.
True, but I have personally seen folks sitting on 60k stacks of each. That was not really a supply problem, just a greed one lol.. and like Gordon Gekko said, "Greed is good" :D

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Music gears were not a RARE... they have rare drops mind you and yes a few are no longer given for those quests.... Sorry you missed out.
But I do not support making the dev adding them back in... Many people spent a lot of hard earned gold to buy the ones they could.
The True Rares:
They were never meant to be rare in the first place...
Back in the first year they were common items that got missed being locked down..
Before the dev could think of fixing them, Richard and the band of Dev minions were replaced.
No fix went in but they got shut off from respawning.
Later years, the change of a publish made some items that had been put in to give players a head start obsolete...
These are what we call rares...
I do agree the items sold should be labled a second printing..

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree. If you made the "CHOICE" to pay for a rare, then you should live with the consequences if the dev decides to bring it back. Don't force others to live with your choices. If you paid a lot for gears, then its your loss. I only bought a couple, most I either earn killing for them or from the quest or trade with friends.

There was a rumor that the Veritaes music box gear (the Wanderer) was added to the quest. This seems to be a UO urban legends cause I made my carpal tunnel worse working that quest and never got one. The quest is super easy to do and does not take much time unless you run it a 100x or something. I would love to see The Wanderer brought back; it wouldn't hurt the market. I can't remember the name of the quest, but its in The Abyss by the rat spawn. :D

I think UO should do something like Disney does with its Animated Movies.. release them ever so often like once every 5 months or years.
(grabs asbestos panties)

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just like the the mini house deeds “us to be rare” are no longer

I’m not sure why they devs feel it’s cool not to allow everyone the chance to fill there boxes with gears

That didn’t sound right o.0

Some sort of rooster blocking going on here :stir:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right now I have two full sets of mini house deeds I worked hard to complete plus extras that know will be just put into a chest and never used. I had one set displayed in deeds. Was going to place each one and place the deed infront of it but know there pretty much worthless. I find every time I take a break something that was rare before is not anymore. Always have to start over building my collections of items.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i wish devs would stop making things worthless by reintroducing them. people have paid a lot of gold for items, like the gear. when that give out again, it really pisses people off. also when stuff is given out like candy, its bad for the game and the economy. gimmie, gimmie gimmie, I want I want I want. I remember when event items were given out 1 to 3 at events, it really meant something when u got one. there are so many em drops now, that feeling at events when you got a drop is no longer there for me. I'm starting to understand why people sell all their stuff while they can before it becomes worthless. just my opinions.