• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What was the funniest thing seen during the invasion?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed my lesser hiryu was hitting for ~ 40-50 damage. So I went out and tamed 5 for my sampire, then did the same for the wife. So us running around with an army of hiryu's on catskills was pretty fun.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A GIL dry looting me after they ran back and forth and I finally accidently targeted them with my pet and got guard whacked. Funny in that I really never expected that from a guild that I had always gotten along well with.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would say being in an invasion and finding myself fighting Generals named Patton, Lee and Erwin (Rommel) at the same time, but last night's finale in Vesper was a PITA (note the location).... Screenshot 2017-09-27 04.53.40.png

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last night, I wasn't on the character with a rune, and neither did any of the other players at 5 AM eastern have one.

I had to gate to my boat (the one on the south end of the island) then I ran around and died distracting the Hydros while the two people who came through my gate opened a new gate for the 3-4 others to come through.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a little humorous to have something stolen from me by those ridiculous Grey Thieves. They boldly walk right up beside you and then practically run off. Most of the time it was bandies, sorry no pic or video.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing a person that was luring on me and my Dragon get owned when i hid me and my dragon right as he came on screen.
LOL I have had more people cry "PAGING" when they lure a bunch of crap on me and I hide and simply mount my hiryu and laugh as the 50 things surrounding me all target them....... Hey just giving back what they gave me :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a little humorous to have something stolen from me by those ridiculous Grey Thieves. They boldly walk right up beside you and then practically run off. Most of the time it was bandies, sorry no pic or video.
One stole my fire horn. I use that thing.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
AND right after I posted this I got PK'd lol. I think they were afraid of Bruce ;)

I know on Origin my flying pets do jump on the tables..they do in the bar in Shadowguard too...scardy cats!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fighting Captain Kirk
I'll see your Captain Kirk and raise you General Lee, General Sheridan, General Stuart and and General Jackson, Plus General Patton and General Erwin (Rommel).

I was fighting both sides of the Civil War and both sides of WWII over the last 4 days since coming home from the party.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
lol
yeah.. the ones that get me are the ones who run up with 10-15 critters in tow spamming "Invis me please". lol. I am like ummmmm you must be crazy lol
I will not say any name but there this one lass that has to go off running around while her Cu is fighting, and she never invis unless she is afk but she would be coming, running back with all sort on her tail and go around and around us, we would all invis/hide, telling her in Vent to invis, invis, invis.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a confluence of two EC visual bugs that was kind of funny. One old bug in EC is that characters other than me occasionally appear naked. First time it happened, it was a bit weird to see a strange naked man casually strolling through my castle (it was a local healer stopping by).
In the invasion, I noticed another bug where one of the mobs would start following my character one step behind. The mob is not actually there, because I can't target them and they don't attack me, but they walk, run or stand behind me all the time.
And then the two bugs merged and I had a naked general closely following me and always staying behind me. I did not know whether to be flattered or concerned.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A town npc tanking 4 dragons, 2 greater dragons, and 4 drakes.

While my pet attacked the mobs.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
With the Town people that tough, it makes you wonder what they needed us for!? I suspect they were just trying to make us feel useful....:p

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fighting a few warrior generals (in Skara) trying to get a respawn of mages/healers when a ghost runs up to me for a res.
Skara healers is full of spawn so your only hope is another player for a res unless u moongate out of town.

Of course, I res the guy & he runs off to get his corpse. 20secs later he's back for another res.
Res him again & off he goes. 2osecs later hes back a 3rd time. I res him again but this time
I decide to follow him as he runs off thinking, "He's gonna die again so why not help him get his corpse."

He has a mage general by himself lured off behind a building by the water with his Cu on it redlined(the general).
Apparently the game spawned 2 lich lords around the general right as he was redlined & wither kept killing
the poor guy (player). The guy is determined to kill that mage before anyone else can hit it. Wither kills the guy
a 4th time as he goes for his corpse. 3 secs after he dies the general dies as I'm ressing him yet again.

I don't know if u get drops when ur dead but the idea of him going through all that just to be dead when the
general died & possibly not even getting a drop made me ROAR with LOLing. It doesn't pay to be greedy.;)