• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Devs)Mages need a spell that can be casted on the move,

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Since AOS in 2002. Mages have had pretty much zero work done to their spell kit. And most internet speeds have increased significantly, making it nearly impossible to get a kill shot. However, the Mages Mobility and Target range has been the same for twenty years now, you even made a bigger screen so we can see more stuff to target.

The way pvp currently is we rely on running off screen when our hit points get below 30%,.The only way to finish a competent pvper is a full dump that takes them from pretty much full life to 0% in 2. Seconds. Or use Dp slinter that has been abused like crazy.

My Proposal would be a spell or a meditation mastery, that takes mana or has a cool down on that, allows you to cast on them while in chase or while running away from a gank.

We should add this feature for melee (axe throw) to use as a kill shot.

allowing this spell to be casted if your target is below 20% health so the mastery is not abused.

Looking for some solid Feedback!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL. Id be for that if mages could never use a wep skill again in the game. Otherwise mages will be even more powerful then they already are. There is still no template that is even comparable to magery in versatility since the the beginning. Todays UO is all bout range in pvp now, giving more range bonuses just pushes melee even further down away from balance then it already is. Don't get me wrong, I love playing mages, I just don't think they need anything like that. There is so many other things that can be fixed before even considering something like this.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U can cast spell trigger while moving..works great for finishing off low targets dont really need to add more :(

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
U can cast spell trigger while moving..works great for finishing off low targets dont really need to add more :(
Right, Spell trigger is great and i would love that also, but I do not mind fizzling or having a cast time I just need something to pop up while im running after someone.. its not even as OP as moving shot. just a spell that does damage based on my magery/eval. mages have a very very poor kit at the moment and have been limited to more of a support role.

Lets spice the class up a bit.