• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New EoO bug ?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fighting a General warrior archer in hopes of a bane bow drop when I noticed my enemy of one casts going away fast, turns out they were starting at 3 minutes and then immediately dropping to 12 seconds, after about 15 casts it finally stuck at 3 but in the mean time I noticed this.

upload_2017-9-19_20-56-45.png

Another person fighting the same General.
WTF

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes it takes a few tries to catch. Have to try it over and over until it does. Looks like you put it on your pet instead. when it works it says male human or something like that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been seeing that too - it appears to be the result of a CHIVALRY PET of another player having you within ITS Holy Light radius.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just a lame ole Garg thrower here, no pets to be had, thanks Basara at least its not just me.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is beyond confusing WHY this happens. It happens to me when my guildmate provo's anything together and I start hitting them. It takes my dang EoO off every time. I know it's him because this started happening way back when we started doing that spawn to kill the Giant Ant Queen and we'd be the only two down there working the spawn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just took my archer to the invasion. Tried a single human all alone. Took at least 10 tries to get it to stick. Then I tried one in a group. Took a long time for it to stick. But once it puts male human up, it stays the correct time.

It has been doing this the whole invasion. But it does work on the Titan. I have not had it miss on it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you in VvV?
Looks like you targeted a player and not the general, it would just say Human male if you EoO a general.
Or perhaps your using an area attack and it's picking up the player Lord Drew before the generals.
Either way, sounds like a VvV or guild war issue to me?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you in VvV?
Looks like you targeted a player and not the general, it would just say Human male if you EoO a general.
Or perhaps your using an area attack and it's picking up the player Lord Drew before the generals.
Either way, sounds like a VvV or guild war issue to me?
Thats what it says when it is trying to find a target and doesn't. Thats his name. Mine says my name when it misfires. That box lasts about 20 second maybe less.

Love Less

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the cause is due to a player using provocation it treats the provoked monster as the players pet and therefore it lasts the same duration as if you used it against a player in pvp (around 7 seconds).

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the cause is due to a player using provocation it treats the provoked monster as the players pet and therefore it lasts the same duration as if you used it against a player in pvp (around 7 seconds).
Yep, got this on a provoked monster.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure of the provo explanation, as the person it always malfunctions to targer doesn't have provo. In fact, I never see anyone using provo at an invasion unless I'm on my tamer/bard - which is on the same account as the Chiv characters. With me, it happens when fighting alongside one specific player, who isn't using provo, but the pet is spamming holy light with me in the radius.

It could be happening similarly from multiple causes, which could cause issues trying to troubleshoot at Broadsword.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I went to Moon Glow just as it began last night when I tested it. Got a lone human by the docks. I got the msg the OP has with my name on it. There was nothing to provoke to it. After a bunch of tries it worked.

But, I do use my archer/bard and he does provoke when he can. Just didn't provoke while testing.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HMMM no VvV but that guy in my pic was provoking blue little snakes onto the General.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is something about EEO and provoking. It has been this way since the onset of my existence as an archer bard. I have asked about it a few times but gave up on anything being done about it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay, confirmation that my wits are still nearby, at least... EoO wouldn't last but 10 seconds and it was makin' me crazy, the holy light sounds about right

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is something about EEO and provoking. It has been this way since the onset of my existence as an archer bard. I have asked about it a few times but gave up on anything being done about it.
I'm going to agree with you and say it has something to do with provoking since that's the only time it's happened to me.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guarantee it's provo, this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. Holy Light has no effect on EoO.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would guarantee it's provo, this has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. Holy Light has no effect on EoO.
Except that it happened when there were ZERO provokers present at some of the invasions (often, I'm one of two bards on LA there, and in that case the other wasn't around, and I was on one of my chiv users to get a Titan in for rewards - an ABC, a macer/smith, or a melee T-hunter). The only person it was happening as the displaying target for EoO was NOT a bard, but a character using a trained lesser hiryu with Chivalry as its magic skill - and it only started for ALL THREE of my characters mentioned after the Hiryu started spamming HL - in at least 2 cases where I was the only one fighting the general before the Hiryu came in, and there was nothing in the area to provo on it in the first place. And, strangely, none of the other melee character players on LA are reporting this happening when my Tamer/Bard is provoing masses of 3-8 things all onto each other - though that might be a factor of rarely seeing non-tamers in the field in this event.

It could very well be two separate bugs with similar end effects. I mentioned both possible scenarios to Kyronix at the party.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that it happened when there were ZERO provokers present at some of the invasions (often, I'm one of two bards on LA there, and in that case the other wasn't around, and I was on one of my chiv users to get a Titan in for rewards - an ABC, a macer/smith, or a melee T-hunter). The only person it was happening as the displaying target for EoO was NOT a bard, but a character using a trained lesser hiryu with Chivalry as its magic skill - and it only started for ALL THREE of my characters mentioned after the Hiryu started spamming HL - in at least 2 cases where I was the only one fighting the general before the Hiryu came in, and there was nothing in the area to provo on it in the first place. And, strangely, none of the other melee character players on LA are reporting this happening when my Tamer/Bard is provoing masses of 3-8 things all onto each other - though that might be a factor of rarely seeing non-tamers in the field in this event.

It could very well be two separate bugs with similar end effects. I mentioned both possible scenarios to Kyronix at the party.
I will not argue with you, but I would say that I know the provo caused and causes this ----- now if something else causes it also, then I certainly wouldn't dispute that.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is provo for sure
If something else is causing it not sure but differently Provo is

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only see EoO having this issue in the invasions. Whether provo is used or not. Leave the invasion and it hits on the first try. even when provoke is used.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only see EoO having this issue in the invasions. Whether provo is used or not. Leave the invasion and it hits on the first try. even when provoke is used.
Not just invasions, this is a old bug that has hasn't been addressed for over 10 years. Most people don't even notice it, and when they do they just "oh well". Go to any boss on an archer with a group that has a provoker and you'll quickly understand. It may be intermittent for some people but it's lasted solidly for me for years. And it's not just "hits on first try, has nothing to do with that, it makes EoO go from over 240 seconds and instantly drop to 12 seconds duration on a 32k karma archer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not just invasions, this is a old bug that has hasn't been addressed for over 10 years. Most people don't even notice it, and when they do they just "oh well". Go to any boss on an archer with a group that has a provoker and you'll quickly understand. It may be intermittent for some people but it's lasted solidly for me for years. And it's not just "hits on first try, has nothing to do with that, it makes EoO go from over 240 seconds and instantly drop to 12 seconds duration on a 32k karma archer.
Archer bard here. I provoke any time something is near. Like I said. I went to a starting invasion in Glow. Thats a good one to test things on you can stand outside the fence and test damage or whatever. I found a non general by itself and did not use any skills except EoO. It took about 5 or more tries to make it work. Then I went to Chaos. There happened to be a paragon stone gargoyle there. I provoked it onto the Balron. Clicked EoO and attacked the Balron and it accepted on the first hit.

I have seen EoO not connect for a few tries outside of the invasions but not near as common as in an invasion city. I have always used provoke and never had so many misfires as I do in a city.

Only 2 days left. We shall see what happens in Sorc Dungeon.