• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any likelihood of an update to the Animal Lore gump appearance?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Do you think we'll ever get something looking like what we have from Pinco's UI, but native from EC?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you think we'll ever get something looking like what we have from Pinco's UI, but native from EC?
Doubt it. Over the last couple of years, every new gump they added was not being accessible to EC mods. To name a few: vendor search, VvV gump, in-game store. I don't like that, but I can see how it's basically saving them development time since they can use the same gump in both clients. EC is deliberately hold back by that, but reality also seems that there are still more CC users than EC users.

Best chances are you learn to do it yourself or hope for some player to step up to the task.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but I can see how it's basically saving them development time since they can use the same gump in both clients.
Just because the gumps look the same, doesn't mean they are the same from a technical point of view.
If the CC would support LUA, there would be custom UIs for the CC as well. So I'm pretty sure, the CC gumps aren't created with LUA, but the EC ones definitely are...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just because the gumps look the same, doesn't mean they are the same from a technical point of view.
If the CC would support LUA, there would be custom UIs for the CC as well. So I'm pretty sure, the CC gumps aren't created with LUA, but the EC ones definitely are...
No, that's exactly the point I was making: The classic gumps used in EC are exactly what they are in CC. There is no lua behind those and the EC offers no dedicated API to get hold of all the underlying data.

There is some workarounds to click buttons on those gumps or extract some text from it. But that's very limited, if you e.g. need item ids or the like.

That's what is used for the vendor search window in default EC for example. What's being done there is pretty ugly: When you click vendor search in EC, normally this classic grey gump like in CC comes up. What Pinco implemented in the new Default however is: The gump comes up, he hides it within a split second so nobody even notices. Then a new (lua-based) window is shown and functionality in this window is just delegated to the (hidden) classic gump. Same goes for the moongate or corrupted crystal gumps for example. It's ugly :/

This is a 100% change of course compared to the older windows in EC (like Paperdoll, Containers, TargetWindow and so on...), where they provide functionality on the lua layer to access the raw data needed to populate those windows.

And to reiterate the whole point of my first post: They been doing it for a while now and will most likely continue to do so in the future, i.e. no improved EC-only animal lore window.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The answer from Bleak when Malagaste talked to him about the Lore gump was along the lines of "I'll look into it," and that the pet loyalty rating is something he'd try to make quicker/easier to see.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if this is what you mean, but there is an option in Pinco's to disable the new look of the taming gump - under options - tools. I've also disabled the new layout in item properties and crafting menus.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, that's exactly the point I was making: The classic gumps used in EC are exactly what they are in CC. There is no lua behind those and the EC offers no dedicated API to get hold of all the underlying data.

There is some workarounds to click buttons on those gumps or extract some text from it. But that's very limited, if you e.g. need item ids or the like.

That's what is used for the vendor search window in default EC for example. What's being done there is pretty ugly: When you click vendor search in EC, normally this classic grey gump like in CC comes up. What Pinco implemented in the new Default however is: The gump comes up, he hides it within a split second so nobody even notices. Then a new (lua-based) window is shown and functionality in this window is just delegated to the (hidden) classic gump. Same goes for the moongate or corrupted crystal gumps for example. It's ugly :/

This is a 100% change of course compared to the older windows in EC (like Paperdoll, Containers, TargetWindow and so on...), where they provide functionality on the lua layer to access the raw data needed to populate those windows.

And to reiterate the whole point of my first post: They been doing it for a while now and will most likely continue to do so in the future, i.e. no improved EC-only animal lore window.
Ok, that I didn't know. I thought it was a look-a-like recreation with LUA.
Yeah, that sucks...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this is what you mean, but there is an option in Pinco's to disable the new look of the taming gump - under options - tools. I've also disabled the new layout in item properties and crafting menus.
I meant I'd really like to have the EC with something more modern LIKE Pinco's UI Animal Lore gump.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I spoke with Bleak about it and told him how I loathe having to click through so many pages and asked if there were any way they could condense that some... and I said it drives me nuts trying to find out whether my pet was happy or not... clicking 6 x to get there... and he said he'd look at the gump and look at seeing if they could add something to let you see without having to lore the pet if it's happy... which I liked.

I talked to pretty much all the DEV's... including the new artist... was encouraging... I hope to see some action... soon. I'd hate to have to wait another 5 years.

I did promise however that when the "Fix" for the graphics/particles is implemented that I'd be sure to give feedback as to if it worked, if it helped and if it also fixed the death effect...

The next big hurdle will be the public corpse looting.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Pinco's and the gump he made is fine for me, but what I really would like is the mana and stamina bars on the pet health bar. That would be really useful with current pets.