• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO 20th Anniversary SWAG

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Grats on the swag! Hopefully that shirt will be available to the peons who could not attend for a fee. That thing is sweet!

Now run yer butt on down to Wally World or somewhere and buy a go pro you can stream live with... just turn the thing off when ya hit the bathroom ;)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to say..I love your shoes ;)

Very cool, thanks for sharing LT!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
All I ever got was key chains, posters and T Shirts so that's pretty cool. Like the pitcher and mouse pad especially. Little lanterns are neat. I guess in today's day and age we could slap a UO logo on anything we want though. But it wouldn't be official :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow awesome swag!! Great that they went for something a bit more unusual. Nice shoes too, they look super cool and comfy! ;)

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wow I remember you from wayyyy back in the day, were you not able to get your original stratics account back ?
I didn't know I could. I was off UO for a good amount of years, so I just assumed it was gone when I activated this one.

And your name is familiar, but were do I know you from? UO boards? Stratics? Napa? Its killing me that I can't remember. lol I'm crappy at names to be honest though. There are people at my work who have been there for five years, I know their face, not their names, and these are people in my same department. lol

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now we know where the candles went....
lol for the rares people, there were red ones with black icons, clear with black icons, and clear with gold icons, I think? Mesanna officially had the people who did not win anything in-person put their raffle tickets inside the faux candle holders and then draw a winner per table, although...it did seem like some tables did not have one at that point! lol

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
lol for the rares people, there were red ones with black icons, clear with black icons, and clear with gold icons, I think? Mesanna officially had the people who did not win anything in-person put their raffle tickets inside the faux candle holders and then draw a winner per table, although...it did seem like some tables did not have one at that point! lol
Yah that was the point of my joke. I was at a table that went mysteriously empty and Mesanna came by asking all of us "Who took the candles!"...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know I could. I was off UO for a good amount of years, so I just assumed it was gone when I activated this one.

And your name is familiar, but were do I know you from? UO boards? Stratics? Napa? Its killing me that I can't remember. lol I'm crappy at names to be honest though. There are people at my work who have been there for five years, I know their face, not their names, and these are people in my same department. lol
It's been a long time I know, you had me on your icq list. I wanna say Napa before Lake Austin opened ?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

* Jynxx has stolen the level 10 artifact 'an empty tea light lantern'

1506210893509385662785.jpg

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Finally got home....Wholly hell those pictures are HUGE!!!
LOL Yes...yes they are...but awesome!

Glad you got home safely! Now behave yourself!! (Yeah...I know..not gonna happen ;) )

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Finally home and pushed it getting back right through a bunch of thunderstorms... joy. But safe and sound and my swag/prize made it home in one piece..

I'll try to get a better pic when I find some wall space for it and get it out of the plastic wrap.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is awesome!
Thanks looks better in person... thing is HEAVY though...

The drive was amazing... I'd never been east of Wisconsin before... (no I don't live in Wis)... So everything east of there was totally new... though I will say looked exactly the same for the most part to what I'm used to around here... ie Corn on the left Beans on the Right... Beans on the Left Corn on the Right for miles and miles and miles with some clumps of trees mixed in for a change of pace once in awhile... but mostly flat plains and a few small hills... Till we reached the Mountains... My ears were NOT happy with going up and over them... But they certainly were pretty... The "lesson" learned do NOT trust the maps to get you there "quick" ... remember to say NO TOLLS! Gods I'm glad where I live they are smart and there are ZERO toll roads in my state. Don't know how folk make a living using those roads... and one would think paying tolls would mean that the road did not suck and wasn't full of potholes... but apparently it means you pay tolls so the roads locals drive on are better...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are they going to make those available for purchase MalagAste ?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
remember to say NO TOLLS! Gods I'm glad where I live they are smart and there are ZERO toll roads in my state. Don't know how folk make a living using those roads... and one would think paying tolls would mean that the road did not suck and wasn't full of potholes... but apparently it means you pay tolls so the roads locals drive on are better...
You are so lucky that your state has no tolls... here in Florida they find a way to open a toll on pretty much every major road (although the roads are maintained well at least).

I go on road trips somewhat often and it's really insane what some states do with their tolls. I've learned to really dislike going through the northeastern side of Maryland. The state is fine until Baltimore, then directly afterwards they hit you with three large tolls within 50 miles, trying to pull money out of you before you can escape to another state. If I remember right it was like $5, $8 and $12... $25 in tolls just to go 50ish miles leaving their state... :coco:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Too late to help with this trip, but....

To avoid tolls going to northern Virginia, you need to take I-64 (if coming from the north central) from East St. Louis or I-40 (coming from the south central) from Memphis, after crossing the Mississippi.

AVOID CHICAGO LIKE THE PLAGUE, unless you are going through it between midnight and 6 AM, in which case you can avoid nearly all the tolls by taking I-94 through the center part of town (almost no traffic issues- in fact, you have to worry about being ran over by semis doing 80mph around 5 AM, also trying to avoid tolls), then taking the short non-toll segment of I-80 to I-65. Proceed to the loop around Indy and I-74 as described below.

With I-64, you go east through Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and WV to I-81 in Virginia, turn north (about 100 miles) to I-66. (can't be 100% sure that the total route is toll-free, as I've not traveled most of the part between Louisville and St. Louis, or through most of WV)
With I-40, the route is similar (take I-81 from east of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, then 375 miles north from there to I-66), This route I'm certain is toll free from Nashville onward.

Other routes:

You can take I-70 over to Indy, and turn south. I-65 (coming south from Indy to Louisville) has a new toll bridge, so instead take the loop around Indy to I-74, take I-74 to Cincinnati, the I-75 to Lexington, picking up I-64 East there.
Alternate to the route through IL, IN, & KY, you could take I-24 from Illinois through KY to Nashville, then pick up I-40 there. This route might be better if you plan to take a week or more vacation, as you go near the Land Between the Lakes, Nashville, and (with any trip on East I-40 to the I-40/I-81 intersection) the Great Smoky Mountains.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah learned about the toll thing after we'd shelled out about 50 to 75 dollars and we were like this is literally highway robbery! I mean I lived in South Dakota for awhile and they don't have an income tax but make up for that by taxing the crap out of EVERYTHING you buy.... this is good and bad as it makes it so many tourists to the state pay a large portion of the taxes... But makes the cost of living higher by a long shot.

And @skett I have no idea if they will or not ..... my guess is they might do a poster type of it but not something like this canvas print... this thing is HEAVY... probably 2" of wood in that frame... and cloth backed as well... really nicely done.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And @skett I have no idea if they will or not ..... my guess is they might do a poster type of it but not something like this canvas print... this thing is HEAVY... probably 2" of wood in that frame... and cloth backed as well... really nicely done.
I don't care.. I will pay the freight :) That thing is beyond awesome!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't care.. I will pay the freight :) That thing is beyond awesome!
Oh I agree I was SO glad that we drove so I didn't have to worry about that. Google said it was 16 hours... but in reality it was more like 25... with the construction and all that slow area's it seriously was 25 at least.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I agree I was SO glad that we drove so I didn't have to worry about that. Google said it was 16 hours... but in reality it was more like 25... with the construction and all that slow area's it seriously was 25 at least.
Ya'll drove 25 HOURS!!!?!?!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I so wanted to attend as well, but there was no way, but I would also pay for S&H on anything they decide to sell later if they do offer it to the rest of us UO players, I certainly hope so.