• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage book drops

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Been trying to get some of these and have gotten 12 so far, however the drop rate is bad. i do not get any book drops from mages or healers ranked lieutenant or lower and only about 1 in 3 from captains usually i have been getting them from generals. i managed to kill 2 mage-generals today and got weapon drops not mage books( they were definitely mages,had title and staff). Anyone else getting weapons from mages?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have noticed that if u disarm the generals staff it will drop normal weapons
Well there usually is half a dozen or more peep by the end, not sure but a person or pet could have easily done it without knowing this, as this is the first i heard of it.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Heard a rumor about being able to disarm the normal mobs and they would supposedly drop books. Have not been able to confirm that rumor but it has not stopped me from trying :D
If you do that, they drop nothing instead. :)
Did it 5 times with 5 different generals. Pretty great when you are tired of getting trash weapon drops.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been trying to get some of these and have gotten 12 so far, however the drop rate is bad. i do not get any book drops from mages or healers ranked lieutenant or lower and only about 1 in 3 from captains usually i have been getting them from generals. i managed to kill 2 mage-generals today and got weapon drops not mage books( they were definitely mages,had title and staff). Anyone else getting weapons from mages?
You only need 1. Keep trying.

upload_2017-9-22_13-41-53.png

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive done 4 invasion ...kinda start to finish titan off.....in..... 2 minoc and 2 in trinsic .. i have not seen one mage invader yet....all warrior kinds... so were are these spell book dropping mage types??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive done 4 invasion ...kinda start to finish titan off.....in..... 2 minoc and 2 in trinsic .. i have not seen one mage invader yet....all warrior kinds... so were are these spell book dropping mage types??
There are usually 2 Mage generals and 2 healers per city at the beginning. Once they are gone, that's it for them.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh.. just 2 of each thats not good.. i guess they get taken out /// ASAP !!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info.. wonderd why i aint seen any invasion mages in 4 full invasions... lolz

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You haven't seen any because they are sought and killed very quickly. I haven't seen any for a week now either!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was the first one to a town invasion this afternoon. There was ZERO mages/healers at the beginning of the spawn. There's two people here besides myself who showed up 5-10min later.
I have seen mages spawn during the invasion after some stuff has been killed. But the spawn and drop rate is WAY too low.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hint: In Minoc one always spawns in the same building at the beginning. And a healer is near him. But it is a very crowded spot. I suppose the other cities are that way also.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will most certainly support my guildmate who says the books should have been a random spawn drop from ANY type general. All this lack of the healers and mages and the vultures that swoop in, kill them, get the books and then leave the rest of the spawn to us is make folks angry. I hope they have learned from this for future pubs and events.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will most certainly support my guildmate who says the books should have been a random spawn drop from ANY type general. All this lack of the healers and mages and the vultures that swoop in, kill them, get the books and then leave the rest of the spawn to us is make folks angry. I hope they have learned from this for future pubs and events.
It was bad design to put them just on mage and healer generals and then put so few of them out there.
It was entirely too clear what would happen... :(

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few days ago when I was doing other things in game I got lucky (so I thought) a spawn started in vesper and 3 mage/healers where right next to me so I start killing one almost died then a mob shows up so I start killing another one and then the last one I didn’t get any drop almost everyone else did as they when talking in chat about them. Believe it or not this happen 2 times that day.
I watch everyone now they all run around just looking for the mage/healers then leave. I go to the bank there all sitting there after killing them and wait until the rest of us finish the spawn come back only to kill the titans.

I don’t bother much at all anymore I just go to collect the armor hopping the rest of the suit peices will drop in some other way or in part 5. Tonight I think I might try to get my archer on the “list” other than that this event hasn’t been executed well. I still do the trader quest every day and can’t get the book lol

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the boxers swooping in on all the mages healers and then vanishing. Then when the titans appear the boxers swoop in again.

This killed the event for a lot of people, but honestly I don't really think anyone at Broadsword is listening or cares anymore.