• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For Those Going To The Anniversary Party

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been to them in the past and they're a blast. So I'm super jealous :) But someone please try and find out when they're going to pull the trigger on the new castle designs please :) It's killing me lol

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hope you all have a great time at the party!
I thought the castle designs were shelved until they could make a design tool on test....which they have no time-frame for.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soon™*

* Soon is expressed as an integer** denoting a variable time scale between "now" and the dissolution of all matter in the universe.

** Said integer may be equal to zero. As in its not happening.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hope you all have a great time at the party!
I thought the castle designs were shelved until they could make a design tool on test....which they have no time-frame for.
Well that's just pathetic. I'm glad I'm not going now. I'd probably get thrown out! I feel a rant coming on but I'm going to just hold it in for now

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
How about they steal the 3rd party house building program that does this? Turn about is fair play :) Or hire *that* guy that made it?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just another case of promising things that the team can't actually deliver, or at least deliver in a reasonable amount of time. I'm really sad about it. I was so looking forward to turning my husband's, very kindly, guild-given castle into something easier to decorate! :(

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the past 20 years they have said a lot of things that has yet to happen so I wouldnt hold my breathe on the new castle designs. If this was something that they were actually going to do, the design program would have been out months ago and not years from now.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just give us a customizable plot that ignores terrain for an existing castle and be done with it. There's an excellent chance that 90% of the people won't like whatever 3 castles they pick anyway. Just be done with it. I'm like so annoyed over this I can't even discuss it without going off on a nut lol

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone ask about possibly getting some Water Tiles? These would go great with the new castle designs in the courtyards, IMO.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The most disappointing thing is that this was meant to be a contest, now it just seems like they want us all to forget they ever mentioned it! :(
Maybe there will be some update at the party, but I won't hold my breath....

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The group of people I am going to the party with are very interested about the castle designs as well... I have a feeling it will be one of the first questions asked. I'm sure it will be posted up as soon as we find out!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think Bonnie mentioned something about Tower of Roses streaming maybe?

She said it at a meet and greet not long ago.....I'll have to see if I can find that.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It was Whispering Rose...at the Drach meet and greet back in August:

[Coco Zamis]: Will there be a live stream from the party?

[Mesanna]: yes Kyronix is single

[Mesanna]: snickers

[Mesanna]: As far as the party Red Rose asked if they could set up

[Mesanna]: but we are also taking alot of pictures

[Mesanna]: Whispering Rose

[Mesanna]: sorry

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks @Larisa ...

Looks like I will have to make a call this evening to let the Customer scheduled for tomorrow that something came up and we are gonna have to push them back until next week :thumbup1:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I would have a pet doing the invasions and watch. I hope they do.

Many of the complainers will tone down when they see the real person face to face. I hope those who attend have fun instead of being angry at pixels.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have a pet doing the invasions and watch. I hope they do.

Many of the complainers will tone down when they see the real person face to face. I hope those who attend have fun instead of being angry at pixels.
Don't be surprised if live-streaming/video of the 20th anniversary party meets the same fate as the live-streaming/video of the 15th anniversary. My expectation of actually seeing any kind of comprehensive video from this party is very, very low. I actually believe events like this end up doing more harm than good in the long run. Would rather see the money spent on improving the game for everyone.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

umm, wut? whispering rose radio hasn't been on for years. are they back? last facebook post was 2010.

Whispering Rose Radio

uo radio came back awhile ago but their page says nothing 'bout this

UORadio | Music, Live Events and DJs

i don't see wut mesanas talking about & i hope not violating tos to point that out....ne1 know what's going on? am i wrong & are they back?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree the stream from the 15th one left a good bit to be desired. But, I hold out hope that with all of the advancements in tech over the lat 5 years this one will be much better.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well if they don't stream it can someone who knows shorthand make lots of notes! :D
I would suggest to video it on a phone, but often the picture quality is terrible and the sound is worse...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they don't stream it can someone who knows shorthand make lots of notes! :D
I would suggest to video it on a phone, but often the picture quality is terrible and the sound is worse...
That's what we got for the 15th anniversary party, with audio gaps at the points where someone on the dev team apparently said things they didn't want all of us to hear.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just give us a customizable plot that ignores terrain for an existing castle and be done with it. There's an excellent chance that 90% of the people won't like whatever 3 castles they pick anyway. Just be done with it. I'm like so annoyed over this I can't even discuss it without going off on a nut lol
Oh god no!! There will be 32x32 pink stone lag fests!