• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What 3rd Party Program For Showing Maps?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried UO Mapper and UO CArtographer. Neither one work worth anything anymore. I don't have the bandwith to run the EC. It is nearly impossible to fish up a MIB when you have to use a sextant every 15 seconds to see where you are. This is getting very frustrating.

The game has so many more flaws than when I left 5 years ago. How do you people play?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UO Cartographer works only when you are running UO Assist, at least it works for me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kojak has a link to a version of UO Automap in a thread somewhere on U.Hall, that works with all the new areas.

I have it installed, and use it several times a week.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Carto works fine u just have to add the Map files for it, to be honest i dont even remember how but i believe the how-to threads were somewhere on stratics..
@Tangled Metal

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried UO Mapper and UO CArtographer. Neither one work worth anything anymore. I don't have the bandwith to run the EC. It is nearly impossible to fish up a MIB when you have to use a sextant every 15 seconds to see where you are. This is getting very frustrating.

The game has so many more flaws than when I left 5 years ago. How do you people play?
The bandwidth use between CC and EC is identical. Resources wise, either should run on anything younger than 10 years.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote for AutoMap :)

(I love posts about "there's no working map program anymore" - ignorance truly is bliss - hehe)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget the following tool as well (works for UOAM and UOC, not tested UM).

MIB Coordinate Calculator for UOAM/UO Cartographer

This allows you to enter the data for SOS and T-Maps to create the data that goes into a .map file. There are different pages for T-Maps (Davies Locker truncated coordinates), full SOS, and truncated SOS.

I believe that the file can be downloaded for use offline in Excel, and I have a Corel Quattro version available on request.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes UOCartographer works on any windows machine, any client, any uoassist equivalent program and any ui for enhance client.
Just click on RESOURCES above

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used your instructions about this time last year on cart, nice job Mervyn worked like a charm. I still, from time to time forget to run it as admin.....oye

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You do know you can right click on the icon, go into "properties", and set a program to "Always Run As Administrator".....

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do know you can right click on the icon, go into "properties", and set a program to "Always Run As Administrator".....
*scratches Head* LOL WHAT! fantastic .... for some reason I could not find it on my new system and was too lazy to look a second time:] This time I looked harder found it in the advanced settings...any how ty

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I vote for AutoMap :)

(I love posts about "there's no working map program anymore" - ignorance truly is bliss - hehe)
Your efforts on uoam are appreciated, but it's a shadow of its former self.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your efforts on uoam are appreciated, but it's a shadow of its former self.
actually, it's EXACTLY the same as its former self - the only thing missing is the ability to automatically display the player houses on the map (but you can actually still put them in by hand :) )

well, not technically exactly the same because it does way more facets now so it's actually better than it used to be

(this is probably a little dated because I did it a while ago but you get the idea ...)

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, the original ability to track houses ACTUALLY went away while UOAM was still being maintained (but not improved), because of a change EA made.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your running UO Assist just type in

-where

and Tug will tell you your coordinates!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We tried ulima mapper, but it was very buggy and slow to update positions, would not save the last map size/poistion so you'd have to move it and resize it everytime you open it, and connecting was very fiddly.

Cartographer you just open, you right click and click connect, you can open it mid battle even.
UOCartogprapher is not a simple install but once it's installed and working, it's the better of the two.

As far as i'm aware, UOAM does not work for Enhanced client, so i'm not sure how people are using it.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We tried ulima mapper, but it was very buggy and slow to update positions, would not save the last map size/poistion so you'd have to move it and resize it everytime you open it, and connecting was very fiddly.

Cartographer you just open, you right click and click connect, you can open it mid battle even.
UOCartogprapher is not a simple install but once it's installed and working, it's the better of the two.

As far as i'm aware, UOAM does not work for Enhanced client, so i'm not sure how people are using it.
it does ... you just have to do a manual calibration once - there's instructions in the UOAM/UOC thread

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand corrected. (although i couldn't find the instructions)