• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I bet a lot of you didn't know this:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always assumed Repond slayers only worked on monsters that were of similar shape to humans, had two arms and two legs kind of thing, I never thought they worked on humans or elves.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They used to. A looooong time back. But where rather overrated in PvP.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
surprisingly enough had a discussion about repond slayers just last night in Guild Chat.
i had assumed the new Generals where effected by repond.
turns out they are not.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can not remember Repond ever working on humans( but didn't start till Ren), there was a bug that let repond work on humans in pvp, though it was probably fixed, was not really much use anyway. the wrestle bug was useful before they fixed it.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bet most of us know this, because at some point in the last 20 years we tried it to see and noticed it did not work.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was a point around/after the time of the slayer realignment (when "Daemon" slayers disappeared), when it was stated that some "red" human mobs DID count as Repond, because they had lost so much of their humanity that they no longer counted as truly being human. However, that apparently changed, possibly around the time they screwed up Chivalry in order to make its strength based on skill more than karma, because the PvPers and Sampires whined about not being able to use a skill that was meant for a chivalrous knight, not murderers and dealers in the undead.....

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*sighs* they work on certain humanoid creatures (orcs, some evil mages). not on players. not on monsters considered human or elf (like brigands). used 2 work on players 'long time ago. not very well.