• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why doesn't EA want my money?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I tried to get one of my other accounts activated. Of course I cannot remember the username password combination or the email address associated with it. So I contact UO support. After several back and forths they reset my email and give me a new password for the Mythic Master account. When I try to log into it with the info they gave me it gives me an error page.

Why oh why does it have to be so difficult to recover old account information. I am starting to think they do not want my money. And I am feeling like I am about to oblige all in. GRRRRR!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't stress enough how helpful Messana and crew are for recovering accounts, but yea the page drops are getting bad. I came back and it took me a few tries across stepping away for hours waiting to get in.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So, I tried to get one of my other accounts activated. Of course I cannot remember the username password combination or the email address associated with it. So I contact UO support. After several back and forths they reset my email and give me a new password for the Mythic Master account. When I try to log into it with the info they gave me it gives me an error page.

Why oh why does it have to be so difficult to recover old account information. I am starting to think they do not want my money. And I am feeling like I am about to oblige all in. GRRRRR!
Email [email protected]. She is good about helping people recover accounts. Note that she is probably wrapped up in party details for the next several days though, so be patient.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The password resets come back very long and complicated. I've found that they do not work well when you copy and paste the reset password in, but if I take the time to hand type it exactly, it usually works.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The password resets come back very long and complicated. I've found that they do not work well when you copy and paste the reset password in, but if I take the time to hand type it exactly, it usually works.
Tried that too. It is just such a complicated process. Got my Mythic Master Account password changed and a new email associated with it, but then you have to sign in with your UO account and that isn't working. When you ask for assistance through Broadsword you get an EA reply saying EA can't help you contact Mythic. But it is the SAME email address!!! I have about had it. If they don't want my money I will just give it to Lord Brittish and start a new journey.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Tried that too. It is just such a complicated process. Got my Mythic Master Account password changed and a new email associated with it, but then you have to sign in with your UO account and that isn't working. When you ask for assistance through Broadsword you get an EA reply saying EA can't help you contact Mythic. But it is the SAME email address!!! I have about had it. If they don't want my money I will just give it to Lord Brittish and start a new journey.
I couldn't agree more. It's flat out stupid

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try and log in with your EA account, not the mythic account. I made that mistake a few weeks back. Every time i tried to change the mythic password I got an error page.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try and log in with your EA account, not the mythic account. I made that mistake a few weeks back. Every time i tried to change the mythic password I got an error page.
That is the problem. My EA account is locked to an email address that I no longer use. I have sent several help requests to try and get it moved a different email. mythic/Broadsword was able to do that for my master account but I get no response from EA. See my delima?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will have to contact EA (a big pain in the...) and you can not call them it has to be thru email and eventually they will call you. if you can navigate the help menus.

It is doable just a trial in patients. I had Bank of America sell my Checking account to another bank and I forgot to change my cards on the uo account management site, EA got billed back and EA Suspended my EA account because it broke their TOS it took me a week to petition my case but some deep breathing and rum and coke got me back in action.

Use your new email address to navigate EA and Give them as detailed info you can and request your new email to be linked... that is about all you can really do They will eventually
email you a Case # (72 hours they say, I think..) read the directions carefully and do not try to rush them by opening multiple actions you end up at the end of the Que.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
contacting EA hasn't been hard for me either. I use the chat system. It's usually pretty quick.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep getting a loop on EA that when I try and recover an account it wants me to login with the account information. I cannot find any chat option.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same issue can't remember password from 12 plus years ago

I have an account I just tried to reactivate from 2005 the old email is no longer a valid provider they where bough out but I know the old email
So they ask for the credit card on fill I used wtf I get new back cards every other years I don't the number of a card from 12 years ago
Then they asked what game codes I used really I have used so many different codes I code send them over a hundred I didn't keep track of which code I applied to each account
I have the character folders on my back ups I told them the only characters on that account and that from the same time I opened that account I opened onther which is still active and linked to my original 1999 account

None of that helped so I gave up.

If they took the time to log into the account they would see underdeveloped characters with no items, not like I was trying to steal someone's awesome account lol

So I just reopened anther temporary account from 2007

Makes no since it's linked to my master account can't remember password and they need the historical data on the account that I never thought to keep track of.