• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Issue - Help?

Emden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, I just recently returned to UO (Yippi) and I like the Enhanced Client better than the Classic one. One big problem, on only one of my chars, the "mobiles" is not working. It stopped populating and if I "click" on a "mobile" that should of populated on the list, the health bar locks in the top left corner and can not get it to move.... pets, when dismount, does the same thing :(

Normally if I just reboot the client, it clears. However, it is hard broke now and even after "server reset" it is still locked.... help? Today I try to un-install and re-install, but it should never come to that to fix a client issue...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would have tried to just delete the characters profile if that's the only one broken...

Emden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The client re-load didn't work, but after I read your post, I did just that and now everything if fine again.... even made a backup profile for that char.. Thanks. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The client re-load didn't work, but after I read your post, I did just that and now everything if fine again.... even made a backup profile for that char.. Thanks. :)
Glad to be of assistance...

Anytime... And yes I keep back-ups I have a "mage" template, a "Crafter" template and a Dexer Template... basic ones I keep on my desktop to drag and drop in rename for new characters... can set one up and have it fully macro'd in under 10 min.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
more EC questions from an old classic player:
1 - how do you find out who all the folks are in a party?
2 - i saw a screen shot recently where they had separate windows for general chat, guild chat, etc. - how do you do that ?
3 - how to get people's names when they run by to appear in journal?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
User Settings is that wrench and screwdriver... in there you can turn on "You see" messages... then they will appear in journal...

When you are in a party the party bar should automatically appear on your screen... and stay there.

If you right click on the tab in Journal it should give you options for more tabs which you can set to do what you need/want.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
thanks for the speedy answer..... i went into user settings, but there are so many tabs i get overwhelmed, nor could i find "you see" messages... guidance ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You see messages (option) only appears in the user settings if you are running the EC with Pinco's. The default EC does not have that option.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I only run with Pinco's mostly so... I guess I never noticed that.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more EC questions from an old classic player:
1 - how do you find out who all the folks are in a party?
2 - i saw a screen shot recently where they had separate windows for general chat, guild chat, etc. - how do you do that ?
3 - how to get people's names when they run by to appear in journal?
1 - When you add somebody to party a health bar for them will appear. You can drag these and place them anywhere you like.
2 - You just make a chat tab, set what you want this to show (guild chat for example) then drag it out to make a new chat window.
3 - This is a Pinco UI feature as mentioned.