• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client performance getting fixed!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From todays newsletter:

Recently there has been quite a bit of discussion regarding how the Enhanced Client performs with certain graphical effects that creatures use. In an attempt to provide a solution I stated you could adjust settings to increase performance. It turns out these settings were not functioning as we expected, however we have identified the problem and will be releasing a client patch soon to correct it. Thank you to all those who brought this issue to our attention, and apologize for not addressing this sooner. You can read more about Enhanced Client performance issues below.

Source

Thanks to the dev team for listening and looking into this! @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
didja notice the word "soon" was in there? Like "we'll fix the account pages ... soon" and so forth.

I am tickled to see some progress on that issue for the EC users. Nice!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that ECs performance is getting fixed. They are just talking about the firebomb thing. Which is still a good thing thought.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that ECs performance is getting fixed. They are just talking about the firebomb thing. Which is still a good thing thought.
If they fix looting, crashing at the Events from that and the one that flashes your screen all white, and death taking FAR too long... It'd go a long way towards making the game enjoyable again.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doesn't look like they're fixing the firebomb thing either. They are fixing the setting so you can lower it when in EM events it looks like which IMO is a poor solution. If gaming computers that can play current games can't handle it at a good setting it should just be reworked or taken out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't look like they're fixing the firebomb thing either. They are fixing the setting so you can lower it when in EM events it looks like which IMO is a poor solution. If gaming computers that can play current games can't handle it at a good setting it should just be reworked or taken out.
Yeah. If I can play Overwatch (not that demanding but still just go with it) at 1440p, max settings, and 144 FPS, I should be able to play the EC without the client taking 30 seconds for me to actually die and crashing with any kind of firebomb effect.