• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion weapons not even useable?

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't think it's more expensive anyway. You don't need to 120 a pet in a dozen skills (or any) for them to be powerhouses. 115 or heck, even 110 would work just fine, especially when paired with the other buffs.
Yes, I have a Cu with 115 wrestling works fine as a tank but probably not getting as many hits through as my 120 beetle. I don't think difference is big though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I have a Cu with 115 wrestling works fine as a tank but probably not getting as many hits through as my 120 beetle. I don't think difference is big though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's attackers value +20/defenders value +20 * 2 (also HCI and DCI factor in, but I don't think pets can have them?). So 100 vs 100 = 50%, 105 vs 100 = 52%, 110 = 54%, 115 = 56%, 120 = 58%. I'd just shoot for 115 for most people, 110 for broke people, and unless you have money to waste or are a perfectionist, skip 120.

If I was going to break that bank on a 120 for any skill of my pets it would be for magics (chiv, discord etc) or Tactics as it has the most bang for your buck (120 having 5% damage boost over 115).

If you want mana regen, i'd pay for INT before scrolling since it's cheap (and requires no scroll) and factors into mana per second ( 2 + (Meditation * 3 + Intelligence) / 40), there's more bang for your buck there, unless the pet already has good INT.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's more expensive anyway. You don't need to 120 a pet in a dozen skills (or any) for them to be powerhouses. 115 or heck, even 110 would work just fine, especially when paired with the other buffs.
I am sure you can run a Samp in a cheap suit too. That's not how you get it's full potential though.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure you can run a Samp in a cheap suit too. That's not how you get it's full potential though.
Yeah, but the difference between an poorly geared samp and an elite geared samp in effectiveness is great. Difference between a pet with even just 110 in skills vs 120 is negligible.

I mean a samp without at least maxxed imbued gear would have issues with even weak stuff. An unscrolled level 5 pet can do about anything.

I mean a deer with one level of training can kill balrons...

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! There is a huge difference between a pet with 120 chiv and 110 chiv or 120 bushi parry and 110s I run several unscrolled pets and while they are effective they don't hold a candle to the 8x 120 pets. Was playing with this yesterday with two lesser Hiryus of the Chiv variety one all GM and one all legendary. Got each on a invasion general side by side (Repeated 5 times) the legendary Hiryus general was dead when the GMs Generals were still half health. The GM lesser is still effective and will work if you can't afford or don't want to scroll but the Legendary Lesser is far superior, as it should be given the scroll investment. Pulled another I used some 115s on and its generals had 20%-30% health when the Legendary Lessers were dead.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! There is a huge difference between a pet with 120 chiv and 110 chiv or 120 bushi parry and 110s I run several unscrolled pets and while they are effective they don't hold a candle to the 8x 120 pets. Was playing with this yesterday with two lesser Hiryus of the Chiv variety one all GM and one all legendary. Got each on a invasion general side by side (Repeated 5 times) the legendary Hiryus general was dead when the GMs Generals were still half health. The GM lesser is still effective and will work if you can't afford or don't want to scroll but the Legendary Lesser is far superior, as it should be given the scroll investment. Pulled another I used some 115s on and its generals had 20%-30% health when the Legendary Lessers were dead.
Like I said above, if you want to scroll anything it's the magical skills, especially Chiv and Discord. People paying a bazillion gold for 120 wrestling though... it's not worth it. 115 is only 2% worse.

Obviously 120 in a bunch of skills would be best but just plain ole unscrolled beetles and birds are very powerful, very safe for the player, and very versatile.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be a cold day in the underworld before I ever rez anyone sporting their guild tag again! And then the dumping spawn on me and my pets was just bonus material.
I've started doing this, especially in Brit. Since it's a HUGE mess at the start (and I go straight for the generals, which makes it worse), I always end up getting a ton of dragons that wander over to my pets and start attacking - I bring two tamers in. The other day, it had happened again, when a guy on a nightmare ran by. I had asked him to help clear the spawn out, because even with consume running on one tamer + vet heals, I was barely able to keep up with the damage being dealt.

It wasn't the first time I asked for help with the Dragons either, but I get ignored/get told off because I'm "telling them how to play." lol? Excuse me for wanting to ease my workload and, y'know, PREVENT OTHER PEOPLE FROM DYING (bet you can guess what happened after my two tamers went down.) Sadly, people are greedy ******* and only care about getting their spellbook*. After the last incident, I decided that f I see dead players (that aren't me/my guildmates), they don't get res's or heals.

*I mean, I do too, but I'm still swimming in the things...except for the one I actually want - a 25%+ SDI Reptile Slayer to complete my set of Super Slayers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Shush

Those GM pets re perfectly fine. They will get just as many drops in sorc dungeon as the 120s.

:next:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've started doing this, especially in Brit. Since it's a HUGE mess at the start (and I go straight for the generals, which makes it worse), I always end up getting a ton of dragons that wander over to my pets and start attacking - I bring two tamers in. The other day, it had happened again, when a guy on a nightmare ran by. I had asked him to help clear the spawn out, because even with consume running on one tamer + vet heals, I was barely able to keep up with the damage being dealt.

It wasn't the first time I asked for help with the Dragons either, but I get ignored/get told off because I'm "telling them how to play." lol? Excuse me for wanting to ease my workload and, y'know, PREVENT OTHER PEOPLE FROM DYING (bet you can guess what happened after my two tamers went down.) Sadly, people are greedy ******* and only care about getting their spellbook*. After the last incident, I decided that f I see dead players (that aren't me/my guildmates), they don't get res's or heals.

*I mean, I do too, but I'm still swimming in the things...except for the one I actually want - a 25%+ SDI Reptile Slayer to complete my set of Super Slayers.
Sounds like an Ant bite.