• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

#1 on the list of questions in the newsletter.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Is there any way to reverse the random resources collection?

This change was made to deter monopolization of high-end resource nodes within the world. While we are open to reverting random resource collection this change requires additional consideration and discussion of all the impacts. We look forward to continued discussion within the community.

There was no monopolization of resources nodes prior to them being changed to random. We the community had very effective means of dealing with the bots back then from camping them and killing them fel side, to blocking their recall spots tram side. Prior to this change I was a resource gatherer more than anything else, as were many other fine upstanding miners and lumberjacks. Now the only time I mine is for salt peter and just get my wood from the tree stump vet rewards I have claimed since that time. The decision back then to implement this random resources was a horrible one and was widely opposed then and is still very unpopular today with the vast majority of us that would rather be mining and lumberjacking than anything else.

As it is the only ones that benefit from the way things are now are the very ones this was put in place to deter. I really fail to see the need for any discussion. Just change it back to the way it was and let us deal with the resource scripters the way we always did. The only discussion I can see that would be needed is if it will upset the people running the recall miner and LJ scripts. But they have had free run now for years to stockpile billions of every ore and wood type unmolested.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Gotta take a slight issue with your post in one area Tyrath...

"to blocking their recall spots tram side"

This got a few folks I know warnings from GM's as 'greifing'. Once the bot rascal knew the area was blocked he would stealth in on another char remove the bag ball... then watch as the person placed the bag ball back and then page without his script running..

Don't get me wrong I personally still mess with the bots and risk it.. recently I blocked a bot training hiding and stealthing around WBB on Atlantic into the one tile area behind the bank at the water trough. He stood there for a good couple of hours just training hiding lol.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta take a slight issue with your post in one area Tyrath...

"to blocking their recall spots tram side"

This got a few folks I know warnings from GM's as 'greifing'. Once the bot rascal knew the area was blocked he would stealth in on another char remove the bag ball... then watch as the person placed the bag ball back and then page without his script running..

Don't get me wrong I personally still mess with the bots and risk it.. recently I blocked a bot training hiding and stealthing around WBB on Atlantic into the one tile area behind the bank at the water trough. He stood there for a good couple of hours just training hiding lol.
Oh I got my share of warnings back then but it also often drew a GMs attention to watch and ultimately haul the bots off to the old prison. THe hard ones for a time to mess with were the ones using rails to mine. Then someone figured out that opening a gate in front of them and sending them to the bottom of Deceit worked very well. But then they ruined that :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Then someone figured out that opening a gate in front of them and sending them to the bottom of Deceit worked very well. But then they ruined that :(
Yeah they did. I never really gated them to places like Deceit. I always gated them to the 1 tile area inside the bushes in (Old) Haven. Didn't want to take the warning for gating them to insta death lol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they did. I never really gated them to places like Deceit. I always gated them to the 1 tile area inside the bushes in (Old) Haven. Didn't want to take the warning for gating them to insta death lol
I had several rune books with runes inside walls and other places you could no longer get to those and Dot Island were my favorite destinations.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just would drop whatever they were chopping at their feet and let them work away.... dropping all their gathered resources on the ground rather than in their packs... moved it away later...

Maybe that makes me guilty of using the bots... but eh... figured if you can't lure on them, can't block them... take their stuff like a thief is the next best answer. Paging on them was useless.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then there was always the option to pop a ore el and just not be able to kill it and have to run away and hide and hope the bot could deal with it :)

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to gate them to a guard zone in Serpents Hold then they'd walk out into the forest with the silver serpents.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I submitted to @Kyronix back when they were first coming out with the masteries the concept of Mining and Lumberjacking Masteries, Aka the ability to spit out a map for the colored ore vein that you were after with a cool down between maps based on the grade of ore.

Scripters hate maps.