• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets ignoring commands...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone else noticed that pets are ignoring more commands more often now then before the last publish? (No, its not a control issue, I have natural 120 Taming/Lore/Vet)

My dragon will sometimes just stop following me and stand there (no, not a server line issue), or he'll stop attacking something to wander off and attack something else. Or, worse yet, he'll ignore a command to follow me and allow himself to get wailed on. *sighs*

I've also noticed that pets who have magical healing don't seem to use it very often, if ever now. Before the publish my drake with spellweaving would cast Gift of Renewal, and my drakes with Mysticism would cast Cleansing Winds. Now, notsomuch.

Were pets hit with a bigger nerf stick than just the crapening of Consume Damage?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were hit with something..... the only question is was it intended or unintended.....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, something is up with it again. Happens a LOT... Was fighting an invasion general in Trinsic last night. General was on the other side of a bed in a small room and the Cu would never attack until I walked it around the bed and then told it to kill... something definitely a little goofy.. but the damn thing will leave a General I told it to kill and walk half-dang-way across Minoc around houses and crap to attack a random Gargoyle... o_O

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, something is up with it again. Happens a LOT... Was fighting an invasion general in Trinsic last night. General was on the other side of a bed in a small room and the Cu would never attack until I walked it around the bed and then told it to kill... something definitely a little goofy.. but the damn thing will leave a General I told it to kill and walk half-dang-way across Minoc around houses and crap to attack a random Gargoyle... o_O
I think beds and some other items are acting like walls and blocking line of sight. Also uneven terrain is blocking commands and LOS. The breaking target on what they are commanded to kill to run 3 screens away and attack something else is very annoying at best.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think beds and some other items are acting like walls and blocking line of sight. Also uneven terrain is blocking commands and LOS. The breaking target on what they are commanded to kill to run 3 screens away and attack something else is very annoying at best.
Sounds about right ... but ... ummm are real walls are invisible? ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
LOL that I don't get just like I don't get the dragons in brit flying through walls :)
lol I hear ya there..

the really strange thing to me is.. when the pet stuff was working well I was getting the "synch error" disconnect stuff a lot.. I mean like once every 45 minutes to an hour. But.. since the pets have gone back goofy in the last couple of days the synch errors have stopped. Kinda like they worked to resolve the errors and broke something else??? I dunno, just thought that was a strange coincidence so figured I would throw it out there lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They really need to fix this ASAP... trying to do invasions with pets atm is getting to be almost ridiculous...

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's got to the point where I just let my cu just do whatever it likes since telling it otherwise is a lesson in futility. Now that pets have a mind of their own I just go along for the ride.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Signed.

It's like they have all seen how domesticated cat have it.
Eat, sleep, wander off when they like, eat, sleep.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's got to the point where I just let my cu just do whatever it likes since telling it otherwise is a lesson in futility. Now that pets have a mind of their own I just go along for the ride.
LOL pretty much the route I have taken as well, just follow it around and try to keep it healed.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mine does sometimes but very rarely.

Never during the invasion......sometimes will switch targets and not kill the one I have tasked them too but never wanders, never stops...my magic casters do...they'll stop and just cast spells.

The ONLY time I have seen the behavior you guys have mentioned is when I was testing the Sorc. Dungeon content on TC.....my Cu NEVER listened....just wandered into the middle of all that nastiness and got himself killed a lot!

When I was training my Mare (Nightmare, one of the newer ones) a few months back in Wrong....not the blood fox or whatever other pet I had at the time...ONLY my mare...would wander off to attack something even I couldn't see....

But this invasion? I have used a Cu, Rune Beetle, Frost Dragon, Bull (Yes...Bull) and Fire Steed and none have exhibited this behavior.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine does sometimes but very rarely.

Never during the invasion......sometimes will switch targets and not kill the one I have tasked them too but never wanders, never stops...my magic casters do...they'll stop and just cast spells.

The ONLY time I have seen the behavior you guys have mentioned is when I was testing the Sorc. Dungeon content on TC.....my Cu NEVER listened....just wandered into the middle of all that nastiness and got himself killed a lot!

When I was training my Mare (Nightmare, one of the newer ones) a few months back in Wrong....not the blood fox or whatever other pet I had at the time...ONLY my mare...would wander off to attack something even I couldn't see....

But this invasion? I have used a Cu, Rune Beetle, Frost Dragon, Bull (Yes...Bull) and Fire Steed and none have exhibited this behavior.
Hey I am not going to laugh at your bull, I have been using the one I trained up for the EM Bull fight event occasionally in the invasions.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL yep that's the one I'm using..he's pretty bad ass...doesn't do a whole lot of damage but he's still training...didn't have time to finish him for the event but he's got one more round of training to get through and the invasion is good training for him!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I remember that happening on test there and it is actually a little worse than that right now for some reason. Maybe they had to "activate" part of the Sorc Dungeon Code to make it easier to turn on completely in October and it has seeped into the game a little???? Cause the stuff with pets only started once the invasions started breaking a lot in the mornings (on Atlantic at any rate).. so they seemingly had to patch something somewhere..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine stopped several times last night and just walked a few steps away from the target and stood there, Kept having to recommand for it to even remotely stay on target, 120/120/120 too.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have been carrying extra fruits/meat and feeding it more to keep it to obey

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You're muddying the waters. We've all been playing a long time, this isn't a feeding issue. 99% of the time my Cu is wonderfully happy when it steps into the Twilight Zone.
oh I agree my pet is also 99% Wonderful/Very happy, but I still feed it the minute it refuses to move to a command. In CC I can drop a piece of meat on the mare using the ctrl/shift dropping the food on the little tag. I will say that the biggest problem I came across with the invasions is the undead attacks, and I been very careful to avoid getting the pet in areas where there are overwhelming odds

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Someth9ing definitely really screwy going on.. watched a Cultist beat the heck out of a guy at WBB. He had ran from East Brit with it. The strange thing? Not that it was at WBB but that the guy was trying to run away from the Cultist. He would be all the way on the west side of the bank and the Cultist would be all the way on the East side of the band and still somehow the Cultist was able to hit and damage him with a Kryss....

Dragons flying through walls..
Mobs with dadgum 250 foot arms (to scale lol)....

I hope we defeat these dadgum Titans. Would hate to see what else those rascals do to our game mechanics if they win the battle.... :confused:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're muddying the waters. We've all been playing a long time, this isn't a feeding issue. 99% of the time my Cu is wonderfully happy when it steps into the Twilight Zone.
All I know is if my pet is doing something stupid like not moving, attacking me, wondering, etc. A nice snack resets him.

Agree that it does not fix this issue that has come up.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someth9ing definitely really screwy going on.. watched a Cultist beat the heck out of a guy at WBB. He had ran from East Brit with it. The strange thing? Not that it was at WBB but that the guy was trying to run away from the Cultist. He would be all the way on the west side of the bank and the Cultist would be all the way on the East side of the band and still somehow the Cultist was able to hit and damage him with a Kryss....

Dragons flying through walls..
Mobs with dadgum 250 foot arms (to scale lol)....

I hope we defeat these dadgum Titans. Would hate to see what else those rascals do to our game mechanics if they win the battle.... :confused:
Happened to me with a Cultist in Vesper. I was on my tamer, WELL out of town, and still getting hit. It didn't stop until I crossed the server line. If I went back across, the beating resumed.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This happened to me too, I was getting hit and eventually died, there was nothing near me, I tried running out of the town area but it didn't help, then when my husband res'd me the whacking continued lol Those Cultists are zealots....

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have also had pets behaving strangely and seemingly ignoring commands. I've been watching their loyalty when it happens and sometimes it does start to go down, but usually not. It's not just the maxed pets either--a lesser hiryu I began training on was doing it too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I feed my pet every other time it tells me NO when I command it to do something... or if it says NO 2x in a row.

But I've noticed a few times that I thought he was attacking something and then only found out after it was dead my pet was a screen and a half away... or as soon as something dies that I was killing he zips off at warp speed to attack something way far away...

Seriously getting annoying.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It happened when invasion storyline was released.

Pets less likely to obey command if more than 5 tiles away or engaged in combat.

However, still works nearly 100% of the time if you get within 2-3 tiles.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Pets less likely to obey command if more than 5 tiles away or engaged in combat.

Shoot, I have been standing next to my Cu to where I can vet him and he can heal me and he does not listen though..

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shoot, I have been standing next to my Cu to where I can vet him and he can heal me and he does not listen though..
It's definitely not working correctly no matter the case. I find it especially difficult when Invasion spawn is in East Brit and Cu has multiple mobs aggro'ed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is incorrect, or maybe only on Atl. I run vet and am always within bandage distance.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is incorrect, or maybe only on Atl. I run vet and am always within bandage distance.
Incorrect? That's how it's been working for me. Getting within 2-3 tiles has been working...with difficulty increasing with distance.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed some normal things that always influence pets at these things.

1. Area peace grief tactics
2. Players invising pets so it will change target
3. Pet will change target to highest damage dealer.
4. A lot of new or hardly used tamer characters with few skills.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. Pet will change target to highest damage dealer.
Nope, Mine changes from the Generals to what ever scout or fire elem that aggros it.

Here is one you missed.

5. People are taking their pets into a crowd for the first time.

My pets have changed targets for a long time. Try the Dragon turtle spawn. You just have to follow the pet around as he decides to leave a target and move to the next. I've had a area damage pet leave the Spawn boss and go off screen to attack some random left over mob two times. This was many weeks ago.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd love a short and long leash setting (like the wisp thingy in dungeon Despise) for our suddenly discontent roaming pets. Make the short like a 4 tile radius from the tamer so we can be close enough move just a few tiles and easily vet the injured pet. Use a long leash state for our wanna be free ranging chicken pets maybe up to 16 tiles away, to where we can still see it is on our screen. It would include an priority drop leash command so we can get out the way of a burn pile warning without having Virtuebane follow our pets right to us. Maybe this would help the wanderlust bug.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure if it's part of the same bug, but I noticed weird behavior in pets on trade runs after the arc started. They would seem to want to obey you, but instead be frozen in place. So on All Kill command it would aggro a mob but remain rooted in place. Once the mpb approaches, they fight just fine. But, if the mob wonders away after getting low on health, the pet would make aggressive noises, but not be able to follow and finish the mob off.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sometimes I have to yell all kill 10 times before it attacks not sure what's going on

120 taming
120 lore
115.9 vet
Wonderful happy