• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion weapons not even useable?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is what I have found:
1) Other than the bows, NONE of the other weapons are even inbueable!
2) When you imbue the bows, they lose the overcapped HML and you are still stuck with the damage increase taking up a "mod slot"if you don't need it
3) No composite bows or yumis drop
4) You can't enhance them

Am I missing something here? I can see no reason I would EVER use one of these weapons. The ONLY thing I can think to do is just unravel them. @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Please let me know if I have overlooked something. Thanks!

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI, yes they do have the "bane" property. But is there any chance that would overcome the uselessness of all the rest?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you find one you can imbue, you can lower the DI. But yes the slot stays.

At least drop these. They only have normal imbue points.
Right, but on exceptionally crafted one you can drop the DI if not needed, and it has more points to imbue with. Not to mention you can craft 100% elemental damage one with the same benefits. You would get the bane property though. which does NOT take up a mod slot. I don't but they all look like junk to me though. *looks through options to find the "don't even drop them in my pack" setting*

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Right, but on exceptionally crafted one you can drop the DI if not needed, and it has more points to imbue with. Not to mention you can craft 100% elemental damage one with the same benefits. You would get the bane property though. which does NOT take up a mod slot. I don't but they all look like junk to me though. *looks through options to find the "don't even drop them in my pack" setting*
If you are running a melee character, disarm them right before killing them and you get nothing as a drop.
It is awesome.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Have to disagree with you. I have a heavy crossbow that I added 30 SSI to and it kept its 50 ml. I find the weapons with 18 Damage Eater and the High DI usable. It removes a modifier from Jewelry and talismans. Its a pain trying to fit 18 Damage Eater on a suit. You normally have to give two modifier spots on a suit.

I suppose it depends how you look at it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Have to disagree with you. I have a heavy crossbow that I added 30 SSI to and it kept its 50 ml. I find the weapons with 18 Damage Eater and the High DI usable. It removes a modifier from Jewelry and talismans. Its a pain trying to fit 18 Damage Eater on a suit. You normally have to give two modifier spots on a suit.

50% is the max imbued ML on that weapon. Slow ass weapons can get more ML.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For now i'm just holding on to the melee weapons just in case they do some sort of treasures of tukuno type of turn in with em in the next phase.
even if damage eater was an imbuing option for weapons i wouldn't use it. There are just to many more useful mods for weapons on the imbuing list. So essentially if they don't get included in the next phase with a turn in system then they get unraveled.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For now i'm just holding on to the melee weapons just in case they do some sort of treasures of tukuno type of turn in with em in the next phase.
even if damage eater was an imbuing option for weapons i wouldn't use it. There are just to many more useful mods for weapons on the imbuing list. So essentially if they don't get included in the next phase with a turn in system then they get unraveled.
Good thought. I think that is a great idea!

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought turn-in items would have a special name though, or a special colour like the Kotl ones? I put mine in a chest with other stuff, they are all mixed up! Doh!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll save all mine till after the event is over........just incase, then if nothing else they will make Relic fragments ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll save all mine till after the event is over........just incase, then if nothing else they will make Relic fragments ;)
According to Pinco's they aren't worthy of relics

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Got plenty of relics from the ones I unraveled so far.
Good to know... since that's what I'm likely to do with a majority of the ones that I've got after all is said and done if they don't have a turn in value.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Comp bows with Bane would be too OP, in my opinion. If you imbue an X-box or regular bow, you can have a very effective and usable Bane weapon. Same goes with getting a cyclone or glaive for throwers.

Melee weapons worth decent amount of clean up points. Shame they have the Damage eater on them instead of another battle property. Would have also been nice to see more of a variety of mods on there.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there an explanation as to why the melee weapons cannot be imbued while the bows can?
pretty sure the bows/garg weapons don't go overcap on anything *checks* slight correction. I have a crossbow on one tamer with HLD 28, HML 50, Bane, DI 97. DI's the only overcap'd mod on it, which is easy enough to remove.

@CovenantX, have you tried using a whetstone on any of the throwing weaps you got so far? Or imbue down on DI, if it's possible?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
pretty sure the bows/garg weapons don't go overcap on anything *checks* slight correction. I have a crossbow on one tamer with HLD 28, HML 50, Bane, DI 97. DI's the only overcap'd mod on it, which is easy enough to remove.

@CovenantX, have you tried using a whetstone on any of the throwing weaps you got so far? Or imbue down on DI, if it's possible?
Whetstone doesn't work on bows, so I am sure it won't work on throwing weapons either. :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there an explanation as to why the melee weapons cannot be imbued while the bows can?
Because they start with too many imbue points. If you find a really crappy one, you could imbue it.

Melee weapons worth decent amount of clean up points. Shame they have the Damage eater on them instead of another battle property. Would have also been nice to see more of a variety of mods on there.
It's sad to think this: The devs are so out of touch with the game they probably thought people would clamor for the damage eater weapons like they have the spell books. They got 1 of 2. Not bad I suppose.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, but for a melee character damage eater is just a bonus. You can't really fight anything serious with one of those weapons. They don't even have slayers. They are novel at best.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's sad to think this: The devs are so out of touch with the game they probably thought people would clamor for the damage eater weapons like they have the spell books. They got 1 of 2. Not bad I suppose.
Heh, yeah. The one is borderline unusable, the other arguably some of the most powerful items a mage can get, surpassing all other existing items of their type.

Well seems like the pvm world is 99% tamer/mages now, so I guess they go the right one right.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there glaives?
Yes - there are glaives , I just added 30 SSI to mine after dropping the DI. My HML dropped to 45 - still decent IMO and I added 20 HCI with points left over. Now it has : HDL30, HML45, Bane, HCI20, SSI30, DI13. ALL weapon drops are converted automatically to the Gargoyle equivalent, so I just target Archer generals (and mages/healers of course) now with my Thrower.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well seems like the pvm world is 99% tamer/mages now, so I guess they go the right one right.
I acually think the PvM world is much more balanced now than before. Tamers and casters were brought closer inline with Samp abilities. For better or worse, to have a decent selection of pets now is now more expensive than a good Samp suit. Samp would still outDps and outtank a tamer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 tame,`120 lore, 120 Archery or mage, 120 tactics or eval, 120 Chiv or med, 120 vet Deals a lot of DPS with the right suit, jewels and weapon or spellbook. If you go the mage route drop the 120 vet for 120 spellweaving and even more damage. But I am lazy and usually just run a stealth tamer :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I acually think the PvM world is much more balanced now than before. Tamers and casters were brought closer inline with Samp abilities. For better or worse, to have a decent selection of pets now is now more expensive than a good Samp suit. Samp would still outDps and outtank a tamer.
+1

After Tamers got a big boost with the revamp this year and some of the dexxer templates got tweaks last year, these new SDI and slayer spell books from the invasion will help mage/caster templates compensate with the increased damage output. Spellweavers casting WoD will especially be happy to get their hands on some of these higher SDI books. And as you also pointed out... the price point for running an effective caster template is much lower than running a tamer or sampire.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
+1

After Tamers got a big boost with the revamp this year and some of the dexxer templates got tweaks last year, these new SDI and slayer spell books from the invasion will help mage/caster templates compensate with the increased damage output. Spellweavers casting WoD will especially be happy to get their hands on some of these higher SDI books. And as you also pointed out... the price point for running an effective caster template is much lower than running a tamer or sampire.
Only if you can get them as it seems some people are doing their utmost to make sure supply stays as low as possible... All part of the fun, I suppose!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only if you can get them as it seems some people are doing their utmost to make sure supply stays as low as possible... All part of the fun, I suppose!
If you are talking about the books, I think the supply is unaffected by the seagull farmers. It would have been, if the mages were giving a book to everyone with looting rights, but since they only drop 3 or so - max number of books per invasion is farmed. Although I do see a bit of a negative effect where the invasions are being done slower since many people are discouraged.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 of the 50 SDI books, and I have multiple bags worth of Slayer books (to prevent a single container from being overly cluttered.) I'll be selling one of the 50's and keeping two for myself (unless I get more, which I'm sure I will.)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found I am getting a lot more spell books by playing as dirty as the folks that are only there for them. Like when they lead a ton of spawn to you invis and wait for it to target you or your pet, so they can hit the caster without the other spawn interferring. Now I just lead it all right back to them with the pet and me stealthing and mount the pet in the middle of them and then after it all targets them dismount and put the pet on the caster. and if it had 3/4 health or more gate in a second or 3rd account. Then listen to them cry about luring and how I am being reported for it...... When I am doing the exact same thing they did.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, might out DPS a pet, but not a pet + a tamer, then you have the crazy tanking capacity, the complete safety of the tamer... My Samp isn't prodo level gear, but my pets are obviously better, and they aren't even scrolled.

Like the fireballing monster stuff... it messes me up on my warrior, no matter what I do. I have to be careful or I will die. I've died multiple times due to double 60 point fireballs. I go melee the invasion spawn I have to deal with that, I get dismounted and disarmed, my gear gets worn down... I roll my basic 5 slot cu in there, it just soaks it, and does pretty close to the same damage, while I stand off dropping word of death and I never die, it gets low on health, I mount and run off to heal. Like the whole trade off with taming before was you can tank, and be safe, but you do less damage, now you don't really do appreciably less damage, AND you tank even better that you did before, and you can now mount your GD level pet so it's never at risk either.

It's magnified on siege of course, but I doubt it's terribly different on other shards.

I know everyone wants to downplay tamers efficacy in pvm for fear of nerfs, but they are clearly the best pvm class now. I honestly don't care. Pvm isn't competitive, people can be as OP as they want, and I'll keep playing my warrior because it's less boring, but pets are OP.

Sorry to rant heh.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found I am getting a lot more spell books by playing as dirty as the folks that are only there for them. Like when they lead a ton of spawn to you invis and wait for it to target you or your pet, so they can hit the caster without the other spawn interferring. Now I just lead it all right back to them with the pet and me stealthing and mount the pet in the middle of them and then after it all targets them dismount and put the pet on the caster. and if it had 3/4 health or more gate in a second or 3rd account. Then listen to them cry about luring and how I am being reported for it...... When I am doing the exact same thing they did.
Yuuuup. :p

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

the mana leech is overcapped too, it just doesn't display over 50% but if you get one with high enough mana leech you could add swing-speed to it and mana leech won't drop... it's easier to get soul glaives with mana leech that high though, don't think it's possible for cyclones & boomerangs, since they're already fast weapons.

Whetstones only work on "Exceptional" weapons sadly.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meh, might out DPS a pet, but not a pet + a tamer, then you have the crazy tanking capacity, the complete safety of the tamer... My Samp isn't prodo level gear, but my pets are obviously better, and they aren't even scrolled.

Like the fireballing monster stuff... it messes me up on my warrior, no matter what I do. I have to be careful or I will die. I've died multiple times due to double 60 point fireballs. I go melee the invasion spawn I have to deal with that, I get dismounted and disarmed, my gear gets worn down... I roll my basic 5 slot cu in there, it just soaks it, and does pretty close to the same damage, while I stand off dropping word of death and I never die, it gets low on health, I mount and run off to heal. Like the whole trade off with taming before was you can tank, and be safe, but you do less damage, now you don't really do appreciably less damage, AND you tank even better that you did before, and you can now mount your GD level pet so it's never at risk either.

It's magnified on siege of course, but I doubt it's terribly different on other shards.

I know everyone wants to downplay tamers efficacy in pvm for fear of nerfs, but they are clearly the best pvm class now. I honestly don't care. Pvm isn't competitive, people can be as OP as they want, and I'll keep playing my warrior because it's less boring, but pets are OP.

Sorry to rant heh.
The devs have been actively trying to dislodge the Samp from it's throne fro awhile, and it shows. Are there targets that work better with pets than with Samps? Absolutely. The reverse is true as well, as it should be. There are also plenty of mobs that love to retarget, especially if you are trying to use your tamer for DPS. And with tamer being pretty squishy, especially in an SDI suit, I die plenty whenever I try to do more than just letting the pet do it's thing and healing it.

The way I see the balance right now is a samp is better than a pet in a single target damage, and much better in spawn clearance. It is squishier in some cases and tankier in others. Casters have higher burst DPS than a samp, and much higher AoE DPS. They are also much squishier, so that AoE DPS is only good for weaker mobs.

Overall, I think I like the fact that I get to find best use to all three templates these days (I definitely would have used my caster more if they allowed summons in invasions).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have been actively trying to dislodge the Samp from it's throne fro awhile, and it shows. Are there targets that work better with pets than with Samps? Absolutely. The reverse is true as well, as it should be. There are also plenty of mobs that love to retarget, especially if you are trying to use your tamer for DPS. And with tamer being pretty squishy, especially in an SDI suit, I die plenty whenever I try to do more than just letting the pet do it's thing and healing it.

The way I see the balance right now is a samp is better than a pet in a single target damage, and much better in spawn clearance. It is squishier in some cases and tankier in others. Casters have higher burst DPS than a samp, and much higher AoE DPS. They are also much squishier, so that AoE DPS is only good for weaker mobs.

Overall, I think I like the fact that I get to find best use to all three templates these days (I definitely would have used my caster more if they allowed summons in invasions).
Like I said, it makes no difference to me really. Everyone is pretty powerful, even if you use sub optimal set ups you can solo bosses, and really that's all you need. :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All three throwing weapons drop, they just aren't that desirable in their spawned form. Even if you add SSI....I dunno... I've collected one of each type for my thrower, but I expect they will collect dust.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do pretty much the same only I let them lure the stuff onto me... then as soon as they go about targeting the mage... I hop on my Cu invis and let their lured mob kill them... then resume attacking the mage as my Cu can take on 1/2 the spawn most the time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do pretty much the same only I let them lure the stuff onto me... then as soon as they go about targeting the mage... I hop on my Cu invis and let their lured mob kill them... then resume attacking the mage as my Cu can take on 1/2 the spawn most the time.
I really do hate playing dirty like that but I just got tired of taking the shaft so they could benefit.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really do hate playing dirty like that but I just got tired of taking the shaft so they could benefit.
Ditto... I get fed up with the cheating and the dirty tactics... and paging is useless.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't say that I managed to even see a mage or healer this last weekend at Legends.
And since I refuse to play dirty, I guess I will just have to make do with the 5 books I got so far.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't say that I managed to even see a mage or healer this last weekend at Legends.
And since I refuse to play dirty, I guess I will just have to make do with the 5 books I got so far.
I am having a hard time even calling it dirty as I simply am giving back to them what they dumped on me :) Now if I see someone or a couple guildies fighting a caster type, I will just pass on by or ask if they mind if I join them as up to 3 books will drop from 1. Most folks on Origin and Legends have been real nice about that **Most** and in turn if I find a mage type capt or general I will try to find those folks on my secondary account and bring them to it. Guess what finally snapped me was I DCd yesterday an died and two of this particular group would not rez me. And it just really nuked me because both of them died in Minoc Yesterday morning and I rezzed both of them and healed them up and even drew the spawn off their corpses. Sooo I run a long way to find a healer and when I get back they are like we would have rezzed you after the caster general was dead. It will be a cold day in the underworld before I ever rez anyone sporting their guild tag again! And then the dumping spawn on me and my pets was just bonus material.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can do like me and run in, get surrounded by some piddly spawn and get pinged to death before you can exit the room. :(

Hey I may have died 5 times going in and out trying to loot my corpse... but I got the blue cape damn it! :p

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah but tamer doesn't need to repair pets, it's forever.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but tamer doesn't need to repair pets, it's forever.

I don't think it's more expensive anyway. You don't need to 120 a pet in a dozen skills (or any) for them to be powerhouses. 115 or heck, even 110 would work just fine, especially when paired with the other buffs.