• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Way Back Machine

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somebody was talking about this web site wayback.com on LS. They were talking about something else but I decided to look up UO.

This is the oldest Web archive that was saved from UO. ORIGIN - Ultima Online

Many of the links work. There are notes from developers and producer letter.

Look at the armor, weapons, and monster pages. Things have changed a lot.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somebody was talking about this web site wayback.com on LS. They were talking about something else but I decided to look up UO.

This is the oldest Web archive that was saved from UO. ORIGIN - Ultima Online

Many of the links work. There are notes from developers and producer letter.

Look at the armor, weapons, and monster pages. Things have changed a lot.
Wish I could play that game. It looks awesome.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes way back when machine is the best resource tool for research, uo or otherwise, there's even a firefox add on for it when you come across a page of interest you click the button to preserve it forever. and you can look at that page at various dates if it's been archived before, which it probably has.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The forums were booming back then. There were many new posts per day about different things. The Stratics Staff was huge.
Yeah... the early days of Stratics was one of the most unique website cultures I've ever seen. Every little sub-forum had an entire page of new threads daily. It was truly the glory days of Stratics, UO, and the internet in general.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a real hoot look at the requirements page.