• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVS - Please tweak the Mage General Spawn to Have Them Show Up Throughout Each Invasion

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gazillion people show up for the first 10 minutes, and then a handful end up grinding the rest of the invasion out...with zero reward from any other General and I haven't seen any real reason for killing the Titans yet...

Or at least have them spawn in the middle or end instead of right at the beginning...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way, nobody is forcing anyone to continue killing the spawn after the mages are dead.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gazillion people show up for the first 10 minutes, and then a handful end up grinding the rest of the invasion out...with zero reward from any other General and I haven't seen any real reason for killing the Titans yet...

Or at least have them spawn in the middle or end instead of right at the beginning...
There are very few that spawn initially and a very few more do respawn through the invasion........ VERY VERY Few. Given the power and popularity of the books they should be atleast 20%-25% of the spawn IMO.

The small % of a crimmy drop and the 25%-30% talismans make the Titans worthwhile IMO and they drop fast enough even with a small group 5-6. What is harder is the time it takes to work the invasion on small pop shards to get the titan to spawn.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On Gl and it is difficult to do a spawn except at certain times when enough people are on. They should change spawn, i'm not sure, but seems like a champ where you have to kill so many within a certain period to get it to advance. it should advance to titan after so many mobs are killed, regardless of time took. This must be almost impossible on smaller shards.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Gl and it is difficult to do a spawn except certain times when enough people are on. they should change spawn, i'm not sure, but seems like a champ where you have to kill so many within a certain period to get it to advance. it should advance to titan after so many mobs are killed, regardless of time took. This must be almost impossible on smaller shards.
I believe it was on Origin where I logged out during a Brit spawn and logged back in 14-15 hours later and thought it had respawned the invasion in brit again........ Then someone told me "Nope it is the same invasion that you left this morning!"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Gl and it is difficult to do a spawn except at certain times when enough people are on. They should change spawn, i'm not sure, but seems like a champ where you have to kill so many within a certain period to get it to advance. it should advance to titan after so many mobs are killed, regardless of time took. This must be almost impossible on smaller shards.
It would be a lot better if the generals only took 5 mins to kill instead of 15 or more.

And why dont the Generals give greatly pet gains? @Kyronix @Bleak Please make more Mage generals or make the weapon drops usable. You can change the weapons we dont mind. Thanks

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a lot better if the generals only took 5 mins to kill instead of 15 or more.

And why dont the Generals give greatly pet gains? @Kyronix @Bleak Please make more Mage generals or make the weapon drops usable. You can change the weapons we dont mind. Thanks
I have been training lesser hiryus up on them on Origin and Generals = Greatly Captains = Fairly LT and Below = Slightly and I have never gotten the message on a general that "Your pet doesn't seem to train from that." on a Captain or a General.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been training lesser hiryus up on them on Origin and Generals = Greatly Captains = Fairly LT and Below = Slightly and I have never gotten the message on a general that "Your pet doesn't seem to train from that." on a Captain or a General.
Ok I haven't taken any pets in training. I asked in Gen chat when someone was at the Crazy mage. Ill check one today.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope slightly gains on Generals for me.

upload_2017-9-16_11-18-31.png

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, Books aren't hard to get. Try actually looking for them first and then continue with the rest of the spawn. I have about 80 spellbooks and I only play one client at a time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a new 2 slot sparfucil fighting a butter bar and a general on Origin right now.

General and Butter Bar.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been getting gains on generals faster than CMs but slower than DPs but don't have the cannon fuse cords invested in the generals :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also started this general right after going to 2 slot ..........

Sparfucil training.png

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest they just end the invasion cos everyone is whining so much

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just have to point out that because of GREED you all are doing it WRONG.

Seriously... If everyone wanted more mages to kill and therefore more opportunity to get the books then the REAL way to do so would be to kill off all the RED and BLACK, GREEN and BLACK mobs FIRST... if none of you have noticed this then I'm sorry but if you leave them alone long enough(the Generals) they spawn more stuff of the same order... Archer Generals will spawn more Archers, the weapon Generals spawn more of their kind etc... And if You killed off all the other crap first... there would be TONS of Mages at the end... However because of everyone being extremely greedy and not wanting to "miss out" on the Mages they are wiped out first before having time to spawn more of their kind. Just think on that.

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
@MalagAste
I am new & useless at quoting other peoples posts, so I am hoping I can get your attention to clarify?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You said..... "
I just have to point out that because of GREED you all are doing it WRONG.

Seriously... If everyone wanted more mages to kill and therefore more opportunity to get the books then the REAL way to do so would be to kill off all the RED and BLACK, GREEN and BLACK mobs FIRST"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go to Town Invasions, I only see RED bad guys & THIEVES (If they are there....
I don't see ANY "BLACK, GREEN and BLACK mobs" at all....
Can you please enlighten me?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must be different colors in EC? Point is, Malagaste is saying something I never figured out! So kill the weapon types first and then more mages will spawn.

Oh boy, to get everyone on the same page to do that would be quite the task!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look at what the mobs are wearing...

Melee Mobs wear Black and Red/Gray and Red, Archer Mobs wear the Green speckled Plate... which why an archer would wear plate is beyond me... but whatever, and the Mages and healers wear Purple or Blue with Gray.

So I'm saying if everyone killed the Red/Gray and Green Speckled FIRST instead of the Blue/Purple/Gray... there would be 10x more Blue/Purples to kill in the end and 10x the chances at Mage Books... but everyone is too greedy for this to work... there will always be the class idiot who has to go and kill the mages all for themselves.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logic Fail here if generals spawned more generals that would be spot on... but they do not. Only the generals spawn the higher end 64 spell /spell books.

I am good with it as is.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Logic Fail here if generals spawned more generals that would be spot on... but they do not. Only the generals spawn the higher end 64 spell /spell books.

I am good with it as is.
I've seen Generals Spawn Generals... so logic does NOT fail...

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good luck getting everyone to go along with that @MalagAste . If you do let me know what shard it is and i'll be the first to jump over to play along

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe it was on Origin where I logged out during a Brit spawn and logged back in 14-15 hours later and thought it had respawned the invasion in brit again........ Then someone told me "Nope it is the same invasion that you left this morning!"
That's because everyone killed all the book droppers and left :/ sad

And Mal is right...I always try to kill off the non-mages first....of course that's why I only have 4 crappy books lol :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good luck getting everyone to go along with that @MalagAste . If you do let me know what shard it is and i'll be the first to jump over to play along
Well If I could I would... but that would NEVER happen on my shard... Far too many greedy folk there who only think of themselves... We witnessed the depth of that with that stupid cure ..... everyone worked as a team but one selfish person who basically F'd everyone else for their own benefit... had they stuck to the "deal" everyone would have gotten the highest reward... but thanks to one selfish selfcentered person... she got the top item and everyone else got the shaft.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no guarantee more mage generals would spawn that way. Someone will always go to mages first, so if you don't youll miss out. If they made the melee weapons worth a damn instead of useless, then more people would fight them. Problem isn't the spawn, its the drops. They made it so only books have value, therefore it will be sought after.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because everyone killed all the book droppers and left :/ sad

And Mal is right...I always try to kill off the non-mages first....of course that's why I only have 4 crappy books lol :/
Was that you with the dragon that took some of the heat off my beetle in Yew last night?

I knew Dirty Toilet Bowl was tough, but I sure didn't think he could survive that much spawn pounding on him and more kept lining up for their turn at him. Anyway if that was you apologies for hiding and mounting I was almost out of bandages and really wanted a shot at the general spellcaster beside us.

And yeah I noticed the usual suspect make the rounds and leave, and the usual suspects stay and fight until the Titan was dead.

Last edited: