• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Sound Files Playing On Their Own?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Things seem to be getting strange..

Was bank sitting while working on a few things, nobody else around any where. Jumped back to UO to open and close a runebook so I would not lose connection and started hearing the sound of the Dryad fighting. No other sounds of fight, just the Dryad little "uh uh" stuff... ok, no biggie.. then started hearing noises like the Tragic Remains of Travesty makes including the loud "death" sound.... still nobody else around so I run around the bank and a couple of screens in each direction.. still nobody around at all and the sounds were still playing..

anyone else having something like this? :confused:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea It's happen to me once in a while.

I'm not sure exactly what causes it yet, but there always seems to be some random person fighting something, I can also see what spells the person is casting but I can't see who it was in the journal unless they get poisoned (because a poison tick displays the name of the player/target) "<name here> is wracked with extreme pain".

If you see the name of the person call em out in gen chat to see where they are, that should help pin-point the issue. (it hasn't happened to me in a few days, it also seems to be somewhat rare) - LS Shard.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sounds like something paranormal to me...:)

It can only get worse from there...but no, I have heard/seen the text etc. too. I always imagined it was a server line bug, kind of like how crossing between Trammel and Felucca will trip the trees up and take the leaves off of them.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had this happen from time to time and it has to do with crossing a server line. I have watched whole conversations in the past and heard fighting and such. you might have crossed near a home with a dryad and a tragic remains in it. It always occurs after I cross a server line. It's like the Ultimate Far Speaker :)