• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please re-introduce the improved spellbook artwork

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new invasion spellbooks, I will have a backpack full of poor quality artwork spellbooks, please can you reintroduce the improved artwork? It was very nice.

I'm sure the people who rejected and campaigned against the new artwork have probably been banned from the game by now for generally being unsavoury characters.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm sure the people who rejected and campaigned against the new artwork have probably been banned from the game by now for generally being unsavoury characters.
Hahaha that was funny!
I don't know what this new artwork was....

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no that is what i'm speaking of, the rune book artwork, but didn't it also improve the spellbooks?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the new invasion spellbooks, I will have a backpack full of poor quality artwork spellbooks, please can you reintroduce the improved artwork? It was very nice.

Nobody is forcing you to get these Spellbooks.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should have gone with what the pagan spellbook looked like. Upgrade to that with more color choices.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow, I usually agree that bugs should be fixed first and not things like this, but I agree with Mervyn. I had no idea Dex even came into play with shields. I've read UOGuide thoroughly multiple times for skills on my main melee template and never saw that dexterity matters. Maybe I just ignored it because 80 dexterity was less than my goal for bandage reasons.

How is a new player supposed to know this?

EDIT: Woops wrong thread. Meant this on the shield thread.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you @Lore please copy paste to the correct thread. Your input is invaluable to the community.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on review of old videos, it was only the runebook artwork that was improved.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I can not say for sure.. but if they bring the runebook deal back I would be willing to bet this lady:

and many others would be seriously contemplating hunting you down and sticking bamboo shoots under your fingernails :lol:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'll give the reply that you and DC are so fond of. "no, they're fine the way they are".

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't mind it, I don't love either look, it's okay....meh! :D

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To me, the one's on the right look better? more clear and defined?
You're screen's fuzzy! :twak:

Hehe, j/k. That artwork they created was wonky though... they should make a "new dye tub" for people who want it either way. Definitely a "please no" from us though... the old style is far superior.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems they are using that art for new books anyway, the Pagan spellbook for one ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't make rune libraries from spell books and that disaster they unleashed really messed up rune libraries. I could care less what they do with spell books or even runic atlas but leave the rune books alone.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All they really needed to do to the runebook redux was to make the dyeable parts the same base hue as the original books so the colors didn't change.