• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVS ... Because of the East coast hurricanes etc etc...please extend the latest quest 30 days too

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
simple we shut of housing for 30 days

may as well extend the quest arc 30 days......so nobody misses out on the CONTENT who have been affected by the hurricanes of late.... silly not too...

so please let all the latest Arc run till at least end of October i would hate to think someone caught up in the hurricanes would miss this aweome fun event....they will have been overjoyed to save the houses so dont let them miss the event arc either...

extend extend extend

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Or just do what I've been doing and collecting for others....well..one other :/ at least for the Obelisk...my BFF works like 14 hours a day and hasn't had time to play because he's going on a cruise with his beautiful wife and children ~Jealous~ So I got another obelisk for him and did Titans on at least 3 characters so whatever rewards we get, I'll have some for him too :)

If I had the time I would do more but Kalen's Staff is just too darn elusive lol

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No end it on schedule...the grind is already getting stale

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my 4 accounts ,my wifes 3 accounts and my grandsons acccount we agree extend it for the month of october running allong with Halloween that way Texas and Florida players get to play. During Katrina it took us about a month or more to get internet back up.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that ...seems positive response for an extra month...so make it happen Devs...Pretty sue we can have both running in October...for those who havent had chance DUE to the eastern hurricanes...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Losing your house is one thing, not being able to take part in an Event arc is completly different.
I said yes to the house timer as i know the pain of losing your UO house.
but i say No to extending the event. It's just an event and if you missed it then unlucky.

Next they'll be wanting a shard revert of 1 month as "people got to increase their chars training while i could not play" mentality.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next they'll be wanting a shard revert of 1 month as "people got to increase their chars training while i could not play" mentality.
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me given there is nothing reasonable or logical about the house issue.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just shut the whole effing game down for a month. Fairer for everybody surely.
I wouldn't mind this just for a little break just because!!! :)

Headline

UO Get's into the get moving campaign! Shuts off servers for a month!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
simple we shut of housing for 30 days

may as well extend the quest arc 30 days......so nobody misses out on the CONTENT who have been affected by the hurricanes of late.... silly not too...

so please let all the latest Arc run till at least end of October i would hate to think someone caught up in the hurricanes would miss this aweome fun event....they will have been overjoyed to save the houses so dont let them miss the event arc either...

extend extend extend
Almost all my play time has been exclusively dedicated to doing the Invasions since they started, and I can tell you population is starting to dwindle a bit. The September 28th end date is a fair one, especially with Halloween content expected to begin only a few days later.

As already pointed out, assisting some folks with not wanting them to lose their house is one thing (and was debated thoroughly in a different thread, for better or worse), but extending the 20th Anniversary Story Arc event an entire extra month after the anniversary ends sort of misses the point of the Part V conclusion occurring close to the actual date of the game's release.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yet some folks affected will have had ''no play time'' or very little to enjoy the event... whats the harm running it an extra 4 weeks....

or is the problem prices will drop...mmmm..is it always about making UO gold???? why not simply enjoy the game for what it is...