• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quit messing with the pets

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Alright I am going to try to articulate my frustration and do not meant to start a finger pointing pvm vs pvp cry fest. So please lets not take it there. I have been taming for a few years though I am not the best I do pride myself in being actively engaged. I do use my pets as a "second player" if you will. When the masteries came out i do ise them. I do not put my pet in a mob and run off. I put my pet in the mob amd run around and fight spawn. With my old gd i would set to all guard and if i got in trouble that big fella would manuever around the terrain and bail me out. After the new taming revamp came out there was some concern with the template being op when engaged in pvp. I am not diputing any of that. Even the pvp crowd asked for the devs to not effect the pvm side of the house. First round of nerfs i dont believe it did really. I do think that at this point though you need to be familiar with pvp for the tamer to be as effective in fel. Ask anyone that smokes me when im doing spawn. I generally laugh it off these guys have hone there templates to kill me. I have hone my skills to play content in fel and tram. I take myself to the healer might go and try to get a cheap shot in on em bit its out of fun. No complaints from me there. This last round of nerfs however i think has gone to far my pets are very wonky. If you teather consume its got to be a little further. Rikktor and meph have super far agros. I agree i should remain in there agro space if mastery is going, but with that if my mastery is out of range i should be as well. Also my dumb pets get stuck on terrain that is ridiculous. A rock really. Or if hes fighting he just stands there unless im on screen no longer allowing me to fight spawn because if i have him guarding and i kill the spawn that agfroed me he stands there. It is very frustrating. Is anyone else noticing this stuff or am i just catastrophizing and need to relook how i am doing things. I say again i am NOTasking for any bump for pvp but i think the berf was more fel then pvp pvm if that mkes sense. @Kyronix ; I know that you are super busy with arc event and anniversary stuff right now. Is there anyway you can just look into current changes and they are adjustments that were intended. Thank you. Please dont flame me up fellow sosarians im mot asking for a change just a little look.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright I am going to try to articulate my frustration and do not meant to start a finger pointing pvm vs pvp cry fest. So please lets not take it there. I have been taming for a few years though I am not the best I do pride myself in being actively engaged. I do use my pets as a "second player" if you will. When the masteries came out i do ise them. I do not put my pet in a mob and run off. I put my pet in the mob amd run around and fight spawn. With my old gd i would set to all guard and if i got in trouble that big fella would manuever around the terrain and bail me out. After the new taming revamp came out there was some concern with the template being op when engaged in pvp. I am not diputing any of that. Even the pvp crowd asked for the devs to not effect the pvm side of the house. First round of nerfs i dont believe it did really. I do think that at this point though you need to be familiar with pvp for the tamer to be as effective in fel. Ask anyone that smokes me when im doing spawn. I generally laugh it off these guys have hone there templates to kill me. I have hone my skills to play content in fel and tram. I take myself to the healer might go and try to get a cheap shot in on em bit its out of fun. No complaints from me there. This last round of nerfs however i think has gone to far my pets are very wonky. If you teather consume its got to be a little further. Rikktor and meph have super far agros. I agree i should remain in there agro space if mastery is going, but with that if my mastery is out of range i should be as well. Also my dumb pets get stuck on terrain that is ridiculous. A rock really. Or if hes fighting he just stands there unless im on screen no longer allowing me to fight spawn because if i have him guarding and i kill the spawn that agfroed me he stands there. It is very frustrating. Is anyone else noticing this stuff or am i just catastrophizing and need to relook how i am doing things. I say again i am NOTasking for any bump for pvp but i think the berf was more fel then pvp pvm if that mkes sense. @Kyronix ; I know that you are super busy with arc event and anniversary stuff right now. Is there anyway you can just look into current changes and they are adjustments that were intended. Thank you. Please dont flame me up fellow sosarians im mot asking for a change just a little look.
Lots of that has always been an issue. Pet's getting stuck on stuff on sometimes frozen in place for example. I think pets are super powerful right now, I certainly don't think they need a buff. 95% of people I see pvming are tamers, and they are cleaning house.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I dont disagree with you @Uvtha , they are plenty powerful, i just want them to act like pets again. Im telling you something the last few weeks have made them extra wonky. My pets would get stuck alot moving around houses or trees. Now they get really stuck on very trivial stuff like a terrain change or a little rock. Primarily in fel nut not even when in combat. With 150 dex a pet should be able to keep up with my 36 dex tamer on foot. It does not, it will like screen hop when it lags back umless there is something on ground and it will just sit there.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also I am not asking for a buff, just a look into if the changes they made are what was intended.

I agree. Also, sometimes elevated terrain also brings problems. Balron can attack me, but pet "doesn't see it". Or with the new resolutions, doesn't respond to "kill" command because mob is supposedly too far. This has to be fixed, it's annoying.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont disagree with you @Uvtha , they are plenty powerful, i just want them to act like pets again. Im telling you something the last few weeks have made them extra wonky. My pets would get stuck alot moving around houses or trees. Now they get really stuck on very trivial stuff like a terrain change or a little rock. Primarily in fel nut not even when in combat. With 150 dex a pet should be able to keep up with my 36 dex tamer on foot. It does not, it will like screen hop when it lags back umless there is something on ground and it will just sit there.
Hah, I feel like my pets have always gotten caught on stupid stuff like trees and rocks. :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Also, sometimes elevated terrain also brings problems. Balron can attack me, but pet "doesn't see it". Or with the new resolutions, doesn't respond to "kill" command because mob is supposedly too far. This has to be fixed, it's annoying.
That, I believe is due to the recent change where monsters need a line of sight to attack people. A change was probably made to help keep tamers pets from chasing monsters behind walls screens away.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My issue here is that since the invasion was released, pets aren't listening to commands. "All stop - all stay - all follow me" will leave my pet just standing 10 tiles away from me doing nothing. Doesn't listen and return to the tamer. Something changed with the last update.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed a lot of monsters too, are getting stuck on stuff. Swoop flies sometimes onto rocks and you cant reach him. Balrons in the Blood Dungeon and in Hythloth get stuck on Z-Axis stuff, like raised floors or alters with pentagrams (pentagram in Blood Dungeon that the Balron spawns on).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That, I believe is due to the recent change where monsters need a line of sight to attack people. A change was probably made to help keep tamers pets from chasing monsters behind walls screens away.
Heck they still do that lol.. followed my pet literally half way across Minoc. Had him attacking a General, in mid fight he starts walking off so I followed. Don't see how he saw that Gargoyle from that far lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heck they still do that lol.. followed my pet literally half way across Minoc. Had him attacking a General, in mid fight he starts walking off so I followed. Don't see how he saw that Gargoyle from that far lol
I was finally the first person to see a mage general. It was in a crowd at Moonglow. I told my pet to attack it and it did but then it decided it wanted to eat a Corporal instead. I redirect it and then it wants to eat a demon instead. Then the crowd shows up.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hear ya.. all stop.. then all kill used to work in situations like that. But now I gotta hit my mount macro, invis... then resend pet on the one I want. A pain? Yeppp... but at least there is a work around, so glad for that lol

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My issue here is that since the invasion was released, pets aren't listening to commands. "All stop - all stay - all follow me" will leave my pet just standing 10 tiles away from me doing nothing. Doesn't listen and return to the tamer. Something changed with the last update.
Yea, this is happening to me too, the work-around is to get close to your pet (2-3 tiles) and command it, that seems to work for me, But it's definitely a new bug starting with the invasion release.

The pets always seem to listen to "all kill" as long as you target something in line of sight.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea, this is happening to me too, the work-around is to get close to your pet (2-3 tiles) and command it, that seems to work for me, But it's definitely a new bug starting with the invasion release.

The pets always seem to listen to "all kill" as long as you target something in line of sight.
No mine doesn't and it's doing the same thing I tell it to "All Stop" "All follow me" and it just keeps doing whatever it's doing but I hear him acknowledge my command so I know he's listening he just chooses to ignore me. And then I tell him to kill something and he's like "Nope... think I'll go wander off a screen away or two and kill this." And I'm left as the sitting duck target...

Also did they like tripple the number of thieves around??? Seems to me that there are 3x the number of annoying thieves now... you can't get away from them...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I posted this in the Siege forum last night, but please be aware that pets are going straight from Green - Wonderfully Happy to Wild in Invasion towns. My Cu I've had a long time went wild, as did a fellow player's Vollem (which resulted in its total loss). Circumstantial evidence points to the Undead spawn in Skara as specifically causing this issue.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I posted this in the Siege forum last night, but please be aware that pets are going straight from Green - Wonderfully Happy to Wild in Invasion towns. My Cu I've had a long time went wild, as did a fellow player's Vollem (which resulted in its total loss). Circumstantial evidence points to the Undead spawn in Skara as specifically causing this issue.
Thank you for the warning.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No mine doesn't and it's doing the same thing I tell it to "All Stop" "All follow me" and it just keeps doing whatever it's doing but I hear him acknowledge my command so I know he's listening he just chooses to ignore me. And then I tell him to kill something and he's like "Nope... think I'll go wander off a screen away or two and kill this." And I'm left as the sitting duck target...

Also did they like tripple the number of thieves around??? Seems to me that there are 3x the number of annoying thieves now... you can't get away from them...
the part I'm talking about, isn't the pet not listening, it's as if the pet just doesn't hear your commands, happens very often after killing something, then saying "all follow me" and the pets just continue to stand at there as if I hadn't said anything.

I dunno about the thieves, there does seem to be a lot of them but they could just be concentrated in the same area... but it's possible that some may not despawn after a previous invasion I guess... I don't pay attention to the thieves... I keep my bandages in a container, anything they steal from me I don't care if it gets stolen, even if the items weren't returned after the Titan has been slain.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done a few invasions in Skara and never had this problem. What's your taming/lore?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets are definitely acting up

And ya Way more thieves, I'm going log my thief on see if I can steal from them or pick pocket them.

I killed one outside moonglow and could not loot him at all the robe and items just disappeared after trying take them. Also you loose karma if you kill them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My Cu was not listening a great deal more today than he has in the past.. and I am 120/120. He would not listen to 1 out of 3 commands roughly..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My issue is this...

Why do my dead pets walk SO. FREAKING. SLOW?

Ugh.

My swampie died yesterday for the first time in a long time.. it was following me about as slow as I move during an EM event when the explosion hits :lol:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is most annoying for me is the pets won't stay on target. And it gets real annoying when you finally find a mage or healer general and it constantly retargets everything but the general. Even after mounting, hiding/invising and re attacking within a couple minutes it goes right back to targeting everything but the general. 120/120/120 tame lore and vet

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is most annoying for me is the pets won't stay on target. And it gets real annoying when you finally find a mage or healer general and it constantly retargets everything but the general. Even after mounting, hiding/invising and re attacking within a couple minutes it goes right back to targeting everything but the general. 120/120/120 tame lore and vet
I know. It's never-ending. I'll have pets go after things that aren't even on my screen, attack things as soon as I dismount (making it harder to get them on the target I actually want.) 120 in all skills (although I'll take Vet off for Spellweaving from time to time.)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been getting this is my house NinjaSampire, since the new changes. My pets, any pet have not gotten hung up on anything, but my dragon seems to be above the ground. It is a new Frost Dragon. It gets stuck on things, flies in and gets trapped and can't fly out. Get's stuck under/on/behind banners too. Anything that impedes the height of flying it seems.