• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Don't overpay for mibs

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Salvage hooks pull up mibs about 2-3 per 10 hooks. 10 hooks cost 19k gold or about 6-8k per mib. Fished up about 40 last night and got 5 asos as well. Been seeing regular mibs going for 100k each!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I spent 200k on dredging hooks and got 5 mibs out of it....RNG...hates..me :/

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I spent 200k on dredging hooks and got 5 mibs out of it....RNG...hates..me :/
Wow! Are you tossing multiples at a time or one hook at a time? I seem to get the best results tossing 3 at a time. I also do it in Fel and have about 800 luck on my suit for a total of 1800 luck. Not sure if it helps but worth a try.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure you'll see the price get higher still as people become desperate to get that quest Staff before the event finishes.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed about a week after part 3 started, the salvage hooks seemed to stop working to bring up ANY spawn at all about 50% of the time. Even tried switching characters/accounts that were using the hooks and still had the same issue of about half of them not doing anything but making a few bubbles. The first couple of times I used them, I'd get about 4 or 5 MIBs out of 13 tosses. Now I'm lucky to get 2 out of that many.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know of at least 3 obelisks for public use on Europa, I think a lot of people just gave up on doing this part themselves, the slayer property doesn't last long enough and the cool-down is way too long, most of the Titans I've killed I didn't even have the Titan slayer active!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Im also using the salvage hooks not the dredging hooks....
Yeah from the dude in Trinsic right?

I buy 10 at a time...would buy more but they are HEAVY! lol

Throw a few...wait....either I get nothing or water elementals :/

I did get about 12 maps though! :/

Fun times :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah from the dude in Trinsic right?

I buy 10 at a time...would buy more but they are HEAVY! lol

Throw a few...wait....either I get nothing or water elementals :/

I did get about 12 maps though! :/

Fun times :)
Bring a beetle with you. I throw 30 on him and 10 on me so I can do 40 at a time. I use my sampire so the krakens are not much trouble at all

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for EUROPA ....i posted my public obelisk on europa forum....feel free to ue it for the titans...im just happy to get the obelisk...will have little time to fight them myself

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure you'll see the price get higher still as people become desperate to get that quest Staff before the event finishes.
It's actually become cheaper for some people to just buy a staff and transfer it to their home shard with shard shields (or a friend's shard shields). They are selling for 5-10m per staff on Atlantic, compared to days worth of time fishing and potentially millions in buying MIB's anyway.

I've even seen one group from Hokuto who took up a collection from their shard for multiple people, went to Atlantic, bought a bunch of staffs, then went back to Hokuto to finish the quest. They used real transfer tokens too, not shard shields.

People must be really frustrated to go through all the cost and effort of importing staffs like that.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's extreme but I get it.

Like I said in other post I got lucky had over 500 mostly from a friend that did idocs years ago, and I enjoy fishing

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unopened Mibs go for a premium. Also, if you feel like spending hours collecting them when you have other ways of farming the gold faster, more power to you. 6-8k is too low, the minimum guaranteed by using one is 10k + a chest full of loot. If you are lucky with an unopened one you get a 1.3m net and a white chest full of better loot.
Don't get me wrong I don't think they should be sold for 6-8k. Just giving a heads up that you don't need to spend 100-200k on them like what is being charged now.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For mibs maps and junk toss a few of the cheap green nets... you can get a deep serp or two...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
daft question number 57.....but if the bottles been cracked open u u have roll...how do u know its not already been fished up...only u see a lot of mibs fo sale opened

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@THP When you fish up the chest the water stained SoS disappears, it's not like a t-map, but even a t-map shows it's been completed!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The nets are worth, I believe, 250 cleanup pts each and at 100gp per point they have a built in value of 25k in straight to the trash value. If you want a cleanup item it's cheaper to buy these at 15k and toss them into the cleanup bin yourself for an instant 10k gold profit. The actual value is a bit less since you could just buy the item you want from that system on VS for probably 75% of it's full gold cost, but not always.

When trying to value an item ALWAYS check to see what it's worth in cleanup pts first. There are people making a FORTUNE snapping up a junk item for 1k gold(example)and dropping it into the bin for 1500 pts(instant 149k gold profit). You'd be surprised at just how much is directly priced due to it's cleanup value, like those nets.
If someone wants to collect points they should visit the dark gaurdian room in doom. 1500-2500 points every 45 seconds or so. Plus 7-8k in gold and 300 or so daemon bones.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand with any one of my GM fishers at Mag docks toss in a line and usually get in an hour or two a bug full of maps, mibs and nets.. not to mention fish of nearly every ocean type.
This is not a hard thing to do... yes the sea slugs can get a good bite in once in a while...but for the most part they die and give up the goods.
Leather can also be gotten off and scales.
I have never thought to toss my nets in the trash... getting a sea slug with the possibility of a mib is more alluring to me.