• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet PvP damage reduction coming to an end?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new super slayer spellbooks, can bump up the pet pvp damage now, atm they are way too nerfed, my tamer with a luck suit can survive vs my trained 5 slot pets atm.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh? Didn't realize there was a slayer for mares...

The buffed up pets caused a disaster in pvp. Let's not bring that back

Yes, all the people that dont log in complained so they nerfed something that didnt exist. The fast bird was the only issue so they made it fat and rainbow colored. Ask anyone who is a real PvPer. They could take on 5 pets at once now.

Still waiting for that picture of you getting killed by a pet or even seeing a pet in Fel.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tbh, i never got killed by a pet even before they nerfed it from 30% to 50%.

But they were very annoying, Because people would use the auto log/out exploit, in a way i did not get a chance to explain to messana at the meet and greet. People would set their pet on you, and you kill the player no problem... Then the dead player gets to choose, with no loss to him/herself, when to log out the pet, so you can either let the pet carry on attacking you, or you use 1000 mana to kill the pet, and it doesn't even die as the player gets to choose to log it out when redlined, even though they originally chose to set the pet on you and you kill the player fair and square.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tbh, i never got killed by a pet even before they nerfed it from 30% to 50%.

But they were very annoying, Because people would use the auto log/out exploit, in a way i did not get a chance to explain to messana at the meet and greet. People would set their pet on you, and you kill the player no problem... Then the dead player gets to choose, with no loss to him/herself, when to log out the pet, so you can either let the pet carry on attacking you, or you use 1000 mana to kill the pet, and it doesn't even die as the player gets to choose to log it out when redlined, even though they originally chose to set the pet on you and you kill the player fair and square.
:party: You are clearly a better PvPer than Cobb and his friends. They saw the 900HP pet and ran away to come here and complain. They didnt think of killing the Tamer. Or maybe the shield makes tamers OP.

The biggest problem with pets to a good PvPer is autolog.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-50% is a little excessive, though there are still pvp tamers. (IMO) the pet vs player damage reduction should be based on the follower count the tamer has active, as to treat pets of all levels more fairly.

It should be -8% pet damage vs player for each follower the tamer has active starting at -8% up to -40%

examples:

5 one-slot pets = -40% Pet vs player damage
1 five-slot pet = -40% Pet vs player damage
1 three-slot pet = -24% Pet vs player damage

I really don't pvp with a tamer, I just don't want them to be overpowered enough to be the only template to existence in pvp, that's the kind of thing that kills UO...
You have nearly endless combinations of skills, but everyone's playing the same few templates.

It's not as bad now as it was several months ago, but it could get so much better.

Pure "Dexers" need to be made relevant, some kind of focus spec for them could work, as long as ANY form of "casted" ranged attacks break the effect.
Poisoning "immunity" needs to be removed from pvp. *thinks about the poor soul(s) that have poisoning in pvm* :confused:
Casting Focus: needs removed from pvp.

Many more lesser issues, but those are the biggest problems (IMO) the devs could more easily address, outside of cheating etc etc.

"If you Balance they will come..."

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many more lesser issues, but those are the biggest problems (IMO) the devs could more easily address, outside of cheating etc etc.
that was my main concern a few years ago. it wasn't the pets that were OP, it was the speedhacking cu sidhe riders and/or dread mare riders popping off for a firebreath. I imagine speedhacking is still a thing, plus now you can dismount with pets and do all other kinds of things on the fly. problem there, of course, is that a tamer essentially uses two skills to command a whole other set of skills, something no other template can do, really. now that you can stack rideables with loads of skills and stats, I imagine a nerf was needed.

my soft, distant thought @ this thread, though, is disarm. a mage uses a spellbook which you can disarm. I know that probably won't be an accepted answer, but there is a counter built into the game, no? disarm tamer? :p maybe. shrugs. even at my distance, the nerfs looked pretty impressive. I'm bias though; I don't think archers and tamers should be at the top of the PvP food chain.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my soft, distant thought @ this thread, though, is disarm. a mage uses a spellbook which you can disarm. I know that probably won't be an accepted answer, but there is a counter built into the game, no? disarm tamer? :p maybe. shrugs. even at my distance, the nerfs looked pretty impressive. I'm bias though; I don't think archers and tamers should be at the top of the PvP food chain.
both archers and tamers got nerfed heavily, so neither of them is at the top for sure.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do not see a reason Pets need to be apart of pvp.
Because they are a valid class/skill set of the game. PVE content that Tamers need is located in Fel. And yes Tamers even live in fel, which means there will be pvp involving tamers. PvPers have had 20 years to come to grips with that fact.

Many don't see the reason why macros, potions, splinters, bolas need to be a part of pvp, but guess what? They are.

Adapt.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Because they are a valid class/skill set of the game. PVE content that Tamers need is located in Fel. And yes Tamers even live in fel, which means there will be pvp involving tamers. PvPers have had 20 years to come to grips with that fact.

Many don't see the reason why macros, potions, splinters, bolas need to be a part of pvp, but guess what? They are.

Adapt.
Nope still dont see it. Pets cast too fast too many hp and hit to hard. However I do Taming the way it is right now, not only are peters weaker than Pre tamer online for pvp but they are still really great for PvE.

Taming is a PVE skill, Just like Bard skills.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yet, PvPers insist on keeping power scrolls in Felucca but dont want Tamers there (unless they are easy kills).

Sorry tamers were around before the lands split. As a player in Felucca, a PvPer should be prepared to fight anyone. Just like all the crafts people, tamers and bards of old had to be prepared to fight (or flee) anyone the moment they left the cities.

Again.

Adapt.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real problem is the templates pvpers are coming up with that really enhance the damage of a pet. I just don't understand why they don't start looking there such as taming, parry, bushido, ninja should cap chivalry at 2/6.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yet, PvPers insist on keeping power scrolls in Felucca but dont want Tamers there (unless they are easy kills).

Sorry tamers were around before the lands split. As a player in Felucca, a PvPer should be prepared to fight anyone. Just like all the crafts people, tamers and bards of old had to be prepared to fight (or flee) anyone the moment they left the cities.

Again.

Adapt.
When you can provide another reason to pvp in dungones outside of powerscrolls you can have them in tram. Also Allowing Powerscrolls in Fel and tram would destroy the pvp Market. I would like to see them even remove all of t2a spawns.