• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clops Castle is still unclaimed.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sweet jesus your still alive Ron!
i havnt seen you for years!

was it factions on Sonoma.......

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
MyUO has 5 Angie's on Atlantic, 4 of them are clearly newly made mage characters (200 points or less) and are listed as having been online within 30 days, so not within the past week. The other is guilded and has medium level skills, (500 points) also a mage, listed as being online within the last 7 days. Not sure how out-of-date those stats are though.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AH......... the given away houses are also frozen till Oct 1st.... she might have to wait till then to get it. Not everyone can play every day... she/he might have been working and didn't have time when the dev was on..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess....there will be one person chomping at the bit..... waiting for the house servers to be turned back on Oct 1st to claim the lotto prize

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This solidifies my argument that the drawing method was a joke. I would say it's even shaken my confidence in BS, but all of that confidence was lost a long time ago.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might I point out ... the stone was legit as was the pick.
However, the lady in question might be a off char name of a person/player who didn't want his/her id to be known.
It's quite possible they still do not have a working computer, internet, or even a house to go home to if they were in Florida or south Texas.
This is none of our business as to when the house will be turned over, to this player.
Mesanna owes us no explanation or answer of any kind.
My recommendation is to drop it and let the issue be.
Time will tell.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time 'will' tell.

And it might be that it ends up like all those malas castles that were gonna be given away and never were...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah those castles were won.. the issue was many player's who won didn't show up to get them.
I remember one shards limit was taken and the minute they were a few players who wanted them hounded to buy them up.
Some were taken and still stand....
I cant blame the Present Dev for a past Dev's lack of follow through.
I know Players who won turned them down when they found out where the castle's were....
They had expectations of a better placement.
So don't toss blame anywhere but the player on this bit.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question is tho, if a player declined his, or someone didnt bother to show up, why wasnt there a redraw on those?

Anyway it's a moot point now, just always seemed odd to me.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said the old Dev of that era didn't follow through on it ...
Your not the first one to comment on it.
In fact I remember a complaint being put to them and it was blown off.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uriah those castles were won.. the issue was many player's who won didn't show up to get them.
I remember one shards limit was taken and the minute they were a few players who wanted them hounded to buy them up.
Some were taken and still stand....
I cant blame the Present Dev for a past Dev's lack of follow through.
I know Players who won turned them down when they found out where the castle's were....
There was only ever ONE out of the promised FIVE of those castles placed on Oceania. Total rubbish that after a month they were not redrawn until such time as all were allocated.

I am still waiting for my 'prize' from the 16th anniversary cultural centre competion run by Mesanna, still waiting and know that it is never gonna eventuate. The thing that really bites is that there is NO offer of another prize if they can't follow through with the advertised prize. Instead it is bugger all yet seems people still 'believe' that there is any professionalism or even respect for the player base in this game.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might I point out ... the stone was legit as was the pick.
However, the lady in question might be a off char name of a person/player who didn't want his/her id to be known.
It's quite possible they still do not have a working computer, internet, or even a house to go home to if they were in Florida or south Texas.
This is none of our business as to when the house will be turned over, to this player.
My recommendation is to drop it and let the issue be.
Time will tell.
Why dont you stop telling everyone to Drop It like you're in charge somewhere in the UO world ? And how exactly do YOU know the stone was legit as was the pick ? Were you sitting beside her when she performed whatever magic act it was to decide which entry to pick ?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would do a castle lottery once a year or more often. Anyone who had an acct active for 12 months could get a lottery ticket. Would be a great incentive to keep accts active.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody would actually do this...so it's not the player's fault. It's, once again, on the devs.

Yeah, someone who wants to remain COMPLETELY anonymous won the castle. Do you realize how idiotic that sounds?
No internet: Ok, they may not be able to log in, but they can still, if they have phone service, check their email. It's just as likely they were never even hit by the hurricanes - people in the US live in places besides Texas and Florida.
Mesanna doesn't owe us an explanation or answer? Really? Given the track record this dev team has, they should be A LOT more transparent than they are.

Shot in the dark here, but maybe the castle winner emailed Mesanna and never heard back from her?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drcossack I happen to know two of the people who won the old castle giveaways... both turned them down.
One thought they had a choice of where to get one, she told me she was hopeing for a fel, and the other he wanted it in a more accessable area of Malas.
No they were not on the same shard, and didn't know each other.

As for wanting people to not know you won would be my option!
Do you know how many e mails Mesanna got for the claiming of things from that fiasco Clops made?
Many were for that castle I bet.
I read the posts from everyone on that business.
Personally I would opt if Mesanna would keep my id out of it so not to be bombed by those who will undoubtedly bug to buy the place.
Don't you think people would do it...? I do.
I did see the people who got the Luna square houses get nagged to death to sell...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drcossack I happen to know two of the people who won the old castle giveaways... both turned them down.
One thought they had a choice of where to get one, she told me she was hopeing for a fel, and the other he wanted it in a more accessable area of Malas.
No they were not on the same shard, and didn't know each other.

As for wanting people to not know you won would be my option!
Do you know how many e mails Mesanna got for the claiming of things from that fiasco Clops made?
Many were for that castle I bet.
I read the posts from everyone on that business.
Personally I would opt if Mesanna would keep my id out of it so not to be bombed by those who will undoubtedly bug to buy the place.
Don't you think people would do it...? I do.
I did see the people who got the Luna square houses get nagged to death to sell...
Following this logic everyone that owns a castle should be bothered non stop by the hordes of unwashed wanting to buy them.............

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I announced the drawings on LS a lot. I told every new or returning player about them. There could be someone who went there and put in their email and didnt stay in the game and didn't check the email yet.

I have not checked the email I registered with one of my accounts for over a year. I know I am not Angie.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oi Vey!
How hard is it to imagine back in that time period a player would be picky???????
Not everyone was into castles... even now some don't like them. Hard to imagine? Ask a few...
Oh for goodness sake Tyrath...
I have.
My son bought me a very good spot on Atl.
I have been over the last 3 years asked to sell it so much if I got a nickel for each time asked I could buy a months sub for another account!
And I know for a fact some of you will be on the poor player the minute you find they took the place!
So go peddle that doubt in wow, it might sell.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Even if someone didn't want to live in a castle themselves the value of the castle would make most people take it just to sell it on. I can't imagine the ones in Malas wouldn't be sought after when so many of the Trammel ones are squeezed together like some kind of Castle ghetto. Even on Europa a castle in Malas would sell for hundreds of millions. I saw one go in Trinsic swamp for 150 mill and that was a really bad location....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oi Vey!
How hard is it to imagine back in that time period a player would be picky???????
Not everyone was into castles... even now some don't like them. Hard to imagine? Ask a few...
Oh for goodness sake Tyrath...
I have.
My son bought me a very good spot on Atl.
I have been over the last 3 years asked to sell it so much if I got a nickel for each time asked I could buy a months sub for another account!
And I know for a fact some of you will be on the poor player the minute you find they took the place!
So go peddle that doubt in wow, it might sell.
Please continue to try and justify your remarks, it's fun to watch. Oh, and also continue to ignore the level headed responses and try to brush them off. Afterall, we're all just dumb children with no where near the life experiences of someone as wise as yourself.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that with a EA Mexico or EA USA store Game Time Code? Trying to calculate exactly how many times you have been asked :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can I ask stupid questions? Was the castle drawing the ones from the 20th anni party or was this different one? I ask cause the ones from anni if I read the email/uo.com post it was grandfather castle on the shard of your choice.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is diff thing...Clops got banned and she held a raffle for his houses

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only buy from the USA Origin store.
As the owner of 24 castles, 4 keeps, 5 towers, 7 18s.. most luna property... mind you they are spread over 10 shards.
I think I know a bit about UO housing and people.
I have over the years, given homes to, placed for, other players and bought and sold for myself.

Back when the first EA castle's were given away, that era it was done, castles were not all the rage and not every one wanted one.
As for the cost of one then... no where near the plat you all spend in today's market...
You forget greed had not set In the UO player mindset.
Also one side note this is back in the time most people barely had 100k in the bank and thought they were rich.
Wow I just realized I have been cutting back on homes...
Oops, small amendment to this I forgot to add in Siege homes....