• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Bump Insurance In Fel

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Insurance needs to go up in pvp, (people are running items that cost 500 to 1 plat and their suits are worth 3 plat. Why am I only getting 20k insurance from them? If they can afford to carry 1 mil in potions then they should be able to afford 150-200k per legendary.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it should go up too, maybe not that much cause all it would do is encourage more ganking. I would say 50k per piece is a little better. Maybe put in a insurance divider if you do get ganked, that way each person gets a little bit but not all, that would encourage more 1v1s.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Insurance needs to go up in pvp, (people are running items that cost 500 to 1 plat and their suits are worth 3 plat. Why am I only getting 20k insurance from them? If they can afford to carry 1 mil in potions then they should be able to afford 150-200k per legendary.
Play Siege. Problem solved.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how are the developers supposed to know what is a 3 plat piece versus a run of the mil 5mil legendary? they would have the same tag, maybe the same number of mods. similiar intensities. So now you have players with 50m, losing 2+mil when they die. Why risk death now?

Not every player in uo has tons of gold. i think that would discourage pvp, not enhance it

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree I don't pvp but it seems like it would make pvp slow down even more.

On PAC I can run around yew gate for hours and never see anyone, usually when I do it's my friend going to his house at the gate

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
how are the developers supposed to know what is a 3 plat piece versus a run of the mil 5mil legendary? they would have the same tag, maybe the same number of mods. similiar intensities. So now you have players with 50m, losing 2+mil when they die. Why risk death now?

Not every player in uo has tons of gold. i think that would discourage pvp, not enhance it
Well everyone wants to wear legendary armor. Its like taking your BMW or German car into get serviced and paying the same price for the 20 year old beater.When Insurance came out Gold was a lot harder to come by. With inflation over 15 years. 1 mil from AOS is the same as 100 mil today. And yes people did lose their suits, and yes people did have trouble keeping insurance gold in the bank. But with all the gold account bound people just have more gold to play with.
If you are a person who just pvpers you get 15 to 20 kills a day that could be a good 10 to 15 mil in the bank. When AOS came out pvping was a great source of income for me. Making 60k to 100k helped me a lot. Now it’s like Call of Duty status. Just die and respawn.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not that I really care or PVP, but wouldn't that keep new players without that gold flow from PVPing? In turn, that makes the game look really bad that it sells gold for money on a lot of sites and then has such a big gold penalty.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes tis a little elitest, i don't need any more gold.

Instead to raise the stakes, they should delete all abilities for players to res other players, delete all wandering healers, make champs teleport players to random locos instead of shrines, so players who die do a 10 min walk of shame to a shrine.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Instead to raise the stakes, they should delete all abilities for players to res other players, delete all wandering healers, make champs teleport players to random locos instead of shrines, so players who die do a 10 min walk of shame to a shrine.
Im just good with a 2 min screen freezes your char till you can move when in flea.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's what u want 3 wondering healers refusing u to equip ur char for 10mins followed by a bard taking the p*ss at u!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave insurance as is.
Why? The price is not appropriate to the value of the items being insured. Insurance is chump change. Problem is insurance took all of the risk out of losing anything. If people are attached to items (and boy are they attached) then at least make the insurance sting a little. This game no longer has any risk outside of siege. It's sterile.