• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I just got scammed for 149Mil

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope I didn't come across as you might be fleecing others I was just trying to defend my self against the backlash I got.
I don't feel that you are trying take advantage of anyone in any way, I don't believe that was or is your intention.
I apologize if that's how I came across to you or anyone.
I din't take it that way. Just wanted to make sure others didn't take it that way. :)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been going around for months and it seems to me that they either dont care or dont want to take the time to address it. The "FU' phrase they will give you is," Its on the backlog"

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "FU' phrase they will give you is," Its on the backlog"
On the radar
We are looking into it
Soon
We can't duplicate that.

And they can't use the " Well the CC is so hard to program because its old" ******** excuse for this one

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pm me the name. I will post if here. Hopefully enough see if before It gets deleted. Yes iam happy to accept a warning for that as long as this ****hole is pointed out for a few minutes

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pm me the name. I will post if here. Hopefully enough see if before It gets deleted. Yes iam happy to accept a warning for that as long as this ****hole is pointed out for a few minutes
Yeah I will too...warnings like this is part of what the message boards should be all about!! Not protecting some scammer because we dont want to hurt his feelings!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I will too...warnings like this is part of what the message boards should be all about!! Not protecting some scammer because we dont want to hurt his feelings!
Please don't... this will accomplish nothing positive other than both of you getting a warning and the post being deleted. We all know anyone can be called "Finley Grant", "Uriah Heep" or "Archnight" in game if we wanted too, so let's assume this person isn't using the same name. The best prevention until we get an official answer is to let the person paying click his trade window before you, once clicked he can't change the amount being payed

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please don't... this will accomplish nothing positive other than both of you getting a warning and the post being deleted. We all know anyone can be called "Finley Grant", "Uriah Heep" or "Archnight" in game if we wanted too, so let's assume this person isn't using the same name. The best prevention until we get an official answer is to let the person paying click his trade window before you, once clicked he can't change the amount being payed
I understand your point and iam sure you are not wrong. But I stand to my word.
So now you tell me the OP get a warning too when I post the name of that scammer?

Well. That's actually quite unfair towards the OP.

Please make here now official statement if only me getting the warning or both.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, how would I get a warning? All you have to do is log in to Gen Chat on ATL and ask who the trade windows exploiter is and I bet 10 people will name him for you.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I understand your point and iam sure you are not wrong. But I stand to my word.
So now you tell me the OP get a warning too when I post the name of that scammer?

Well. That's actually quite unfair towards the OP.

Please make here now official statement if only me getting the warning or both.
The problem is the char name that scammed Rowan is one of the "alts".. so there is no way to positively prove who is behind the keys. Anyone can make an 'alt char' and claim to be *he who can not be named here* in order to take advantage of one of his typical scams.... Sadly there are a lot of Idiotic Dishonest Ole Characters on Atlantic from time to time.. which is why we have to do our due diligence and assume anyone we do not know is in that crowd to safeguard ourselves from those type...

:)

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see the OP being tagged in my reply... do you?
Read your post again. "Please don't... this will accomplish nothing positive other than both of you getting a warning and the post being deleted"

Who is both of you then if not the OP and me?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If he's using Gen Chat I believe that the number before his name never changes so long as you write that down even if he gets himself a name change or uses a disguise kit or what-not that number will not change.

Now I'm not real certain about transferring off shard and coming back but I do know that it will not change with anything else... good to write those numbers down...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If he's using Gen Chat I believe that the number before his name never changes so long as you write that down even if he gets himself a name change or uses a disguise kit or what-not that number will not change.
Talking about someone here who has a lot of accounts.. prob 40+ easy.. so no need for a disguise kit.. just delete a char and make another one.. not like they are all skilled up anyway

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Read your post again. "Please don't... this will accomplish nothing positive other than both of you getting a warning and the post being deleted"

Who is both of you then if not the OP and me?
He meant both you and Uriah, since you both offered to post it. Only the person or people who posted it would get a warning, not the original poster.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i was asked to remove my posts and as i dont know IF the OP gets warning or not i will keep my mouth shut. ****ing coward forum. the account IDs (looks like a unique ID) can be see in GenChat so it should be easy to point out the proper accounts of the scammers
Here's the issue.. I can go at any time and make a character with what ever name I want, UO doesn't enforce strict naming. We're not privy to the Account info with Boardsword, we're not operated by, owned by, nor do we share user/account info with them. So we even with an ID# from Gen Chat have no way to associate it with a specific person either here or in game, that isn't something we are capable of and we're not going to allow people to use Stratics to make accusations about players or other community members as we do not have the ability to verify them 100% even if they are likely true and accurate.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's the issue.. I can go at any time and make a character with what ever name I want, UO doesn't enforce strict naming. We're not privy to the Account info with Boardsword, we're not operated by, owned by, nor do we share user/account info with them. So we even with an ID# from Gen Chat have no way to associate it with a specific person either here or in game, that isn't something we are capable of and we're not going to allow people to use Stratics to make accusations about players or other community members as we do not have the ability to verify them 100% even if they are likely true and accurate.
Silly me, but if - and I do mean IF - that number in gen chat ties to the login that the character is on (client username/password), then there is a way to tie to an account and name and perhaps CC, etc.

Big if - and I am thankful I play LA.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Silly me, but if - and I do mean IF - that number in gen chat ties to the login that the character is on (client username/password), then there is a way to tie to an account and name and perhaps CC, etc.

Big if - and I am thankful I play LA.
There's no way to tie it to any Stratics user, and we make it a policy not to police what happens in game since we can't verify anyone's identity in it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's no way to tie it to any Stratics user, and we make it a policy not to police what happens in game since we can't verify anyone's identity in it.
Which is the right policy to have. Obviously this guy is a pos but there are other ways to get the word out besides stratics. Just my opinion though.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Which is the right policy to have. Obviously this guy is a pos but there are other ways to get the word out besides stratics. Just my opinion though.
Well, we don't really mind if someone points out there is a scam going on, a bug, or an exploit, but details either How-To for bugs and exploits need to go to the Devs not be posted here to tempt otherwise good people into trying them. Accusations fall into 2 categories, we get the whole He Said She Said routine or the person isn't on Stratics and it's not proper for them to have no avenue to request redress.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just saw in Gen Chat on ATL that he JUST scammed someone using the exploit. Like just happened just now. Same character name that did it to me. I did get his code off of chat if anyone wants it, he is talking smack in chat right now.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Nexus I know its kind of walking the line but would posting the ID number be within the TOS? It is something that as far as I am aware those are indeed unique. Just curious

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Nexus I know its kind of walking the line but would posting the ID number be within the TOS? It is something that as far as I am aware those are indeed unique. Just curious
Stratics does not have anything to do with customers of UO. They need to send an email to The devs with that info and the log.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We don't have an official rule about that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong of course Nexus) but people frequently post chat log screenshots from general chat in various threads for different reasons with the chat numbers showing and there has never been a problem with it. I've done that myself a few times, blocked out the name and left the chat ID number.

As you said, the ID number is unique so it's impossible for it to be a case of mistaken identity.