• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane bows

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
not sure if this is already known since bane is not a new property, but decided to mess around with one of the bow drops. I imbued ssi and hci on it, noting that the "Bane property" added no weight to bow( 0 value) which was nice.However it could not be enhanced(got the already has special property message), not good. Also it could not be powdered and these have low durability to start(mine had 37), nearly dropped to zero, when i was doing about 2-3 generals and a few other spawn in yew. As far as property i only noticed it going off about 1-3 times per general. Though not 100% sure since i was doing in low hundreds and ,when i noticed it going off, it was doing 150-200. This was when general was almost dead so it may have been going off earlier with lower damage.​

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bane is only triggered once the mod is below 50% health and does more damage the lower he gets.
its working as intended.

and when you get the 'already enhanced with special property' message thats because it is or has.... Bane.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to imbue a halberd and got the no-can-do message today. I didn't think the new weps could be imbued.
Guess I'll try again? Maybe something went wrong on the user end :coco:.
Maybe archery weps are different? Maybe I needed to drop DI 1st?

Sounds like a nice bow :)

Did you powder it before imbuing? or try after?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I tried to imbue a halberd and got the no-can-do message today. I didn't think the new weps could be imbued.
Guess I'll try again? Maybe something went wrong on the user end :coco:.
Maybe archery weps are different? Maybe I needed to drop DI 1st?

Sounds like a nice bow :)

Did you powder it before imbuing? or try after?
I have not tried any of the melee weapons yet, just the bow. I tried the powder after imbuing, when i log back on i'll try powder before imbuing bow. i'll look at the melee weapons as well.

Edit: ok the bows can be powdered before imbuing, either i misremembered this or it was changed, not sure which though. Checked the melee weapons i have and can't imbue, i the got same message you did.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only powder up items before imbuing, it's never worked after. :(
Many of us have screwed the pooch on that one... entire suits even.:cursing:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was absolutely able to powder my bow before imbuing, but yeah, you can't enhance them.
Still, it is a lovely, love Exodus killer bow.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really really want to get a repeating crossbow or a magical short bow with bane to drop.
I believe, if this is based on the invasion drops from before, and from the 15 I've got so far, only heavy crossbows, crossbows and regular bows drop, no composites, no magical, no yumis, no repeaters, nada cept those 3 xbows.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really really want to get a repeating crossbow or a magical short bow with bane to drop.
I was hoping for a Yumi or composite but I don't believe they drop those.. I was the ONLY attacker on 2 of them and got NOTHING.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping for a Yumi or composite but I don't believe they drop those.. I was the ONLY attacker on 2 of them and got NOTHING.
I can confirm this as well. They do not drop and I believe @Parnoc is also correct in saying that it is likely using a lot of the old coding from the last invasion (which was probably convenient for the developers) which would account for why we are seeing certain bow types not drop as artifacts in your pack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok the bows can be powdered before imbuing, either i misremembered this or it was changed,
All my bows are imbued. Last night a guy was arguing with me because mine is 0/80. He kept telling me i need to repair it. And i kept telling him that I cant.

Ill try to Imbue one today. The problem with Bows is they do mortal. You dont need mana leech for mortal cause it lasts a while.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I took this Bow:

upload_2017-9-11_16-45-52.png

It only has 500 points. The DI takes up a lot of those.

Turned it into this:

upload_2017-9-11_16-48-35.png

I put SSI 30 first and didn't have enough room for the slayer. The ML dropped on its own. I reduced the DI to 30 because thats the amount I need. I could have put the HLD to 32 but it kept failing. Could have the DI at 39 If I wanted. Painted it and it is ready to kill some generals.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Repond is Humanoid. I assume they are.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thats what I assumed ... but when using any repond slayer wep I didn't notice any real difference

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt that, im gonna test it tomorrow though.
Let me know ill put it away and save it for the crazed mage. I know it works on him.

People are saying the repond spellbooks do more damage.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weren't they raised from the dead ? So undead slayer should work or the pagon slay mod ?

What's the best weapon type cold or fire ?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, working Brit this morning and forgot to switch out my dragon slayer for repond..... didn't notice right away cause the damage on the general was the same as if I had the repond equipped

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my bows are imbued. Last night a guy was arguing with me because mine is 0/80. He kept telling me i need to repair it. And i kept telling him that I cant.

Ill try to Imbue one today. The problem with Bows is they do mortal. You dont need mana leech for mortal cause it lasts a while.
Why can't you repair it? Imbued means can't powder it, but you can repair it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Repond is for humanoid, not human. If using animal lore tells you 'that is not an animal' repond won't work.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't you repair it? Imbued means can't powder it, but you can repair it.
Great you saved my favorite Ring. It was down to 40. I thought that was the reason people don't like imbued stuff. Now Im not sure why they dont. Also dont have to replace my Dex suit. Thanks I know I tried to repair a bow a long time ago. Maybe i did something weird.

upload_2017-9-13_16-46-54.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Repond is for humanoid, not human. If using animal lore tells you 'that is not an animal' repond won't work.
I tried it on the crazed mage. The non repond bane bow hit 22 one time the rest were almost all 20. The repond bane bow hit for 30 with one at 34. I was using no enhancements My stats were the same with each bow. I shot at least 50 arrows with each. I had to make the mage immobile but he could still hit me. So I had to remove any curses before shooting again. I just know it took forever to kill it with my Plain Composite bow, he kept healing. I made a repond bow and I can kill him.

Maybe he fits in the category of Evil Mage. Or I am just bad at testing. Which is why I rarely do. I never see slayers actually do double or triple damage. I use Demon and Ogre a lot.

Kabraxis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Weren't they raised from the dead ? So undead slayer should work or the pagon slay mod ?

What's the best weapon type cold or fire ?
I believe their resistances equal i've tested with fire/cold/energy .. it all seems to be equal before onslaught.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that was the reason people don't like imbued stuff.
It confuses me too. Like Brittle is basically just a fully powdered imbued item. I consider brittle a BONUS not a curse. It literally takes many years to kill a 255 item.