• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Opening a public corpse in EC looks like.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dusted off a thrower to go try the invasions.

Decided to show the devs what a public corpse feels like since they cant replicate the issue. lol.

You will notice the corpse is first non public just looting rights. THe corpse closes and i re open when its public, which equals lag city. You will notice my computer doesnt lag, just the client. You will also notice as soon as i close the corpse i stop lagging and as soon as i re open the corpse the lag begins again.

I Imagine i could replicate the same thing with a bunch of people opening any container.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I thought the cc was bad for trying to sort through corpse

That's just impossible

I wouldn't even bother with that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looting any LARGE Public corpse is just out of the question in the EC and the saddest part is this wasn't a problem before they updated the UI... years ago... I was the fastest looter on GLs... Then they patched the UI onto some old broken version of the client and destroyed looting... my guess is somewhere on that old UI was a working version of the fix done for the issue... only they probably didn't save it.

Reactions: THP

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the same speed as CC, at least you have a search corpse function.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting any LARGE Public corpse is just out of the question in the EC and the saddest part is this wasn't a problem before they updated the UI... years ago... I was the fastest looter on GLs... Then they patched the UI onto some old broken version of the client and destroyed looting... my guess is somewhere on that old UI was a working version of the fix done for the issue... only they probably didn't save it.
gave up trying sift through CC loot as u know its already been sifted EC and only the **** stuff remains.... the good stuff as been auto looted in the EC options

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
gave up trying sift through CC loot as u know its already been sifted EC and only the **** stuff remains.... the good stuff as been auto looted in the EC options
I loot all my good stuff... but loads of people don't even bother... I'd like to be able to loot a public corpse... I want so bad to loot the titans and see if anyone left any Taint on it... but I know better than to even bother trying.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loot all my good stuff... but loads of people don't even bother... I'd like to be able to loot a public corpse... I want so bad to loot the titans and see if anyone left any Taint on it... but I know better than to even bother trying.
FYI have found 7 left behind taint so far ;) and 4 Muculent. and several 25-30 talismans.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's one hell of an "Enhanced" Client eh?

It goes "not responding" in CC, but only for a split second or so, then all's well..

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the bigger issue is why any corpse in the game should drop 900 items. I don't care how many people, teams, or split groups are attacking the monster, it shouldn't drop THAT much more than if a single party brought it down.

FIx that and you fix the EC's Overload problem.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the bigger issue is why any corpse in the game should drop 900 items. I don't care how many people, teams, or split groups are attacking the monster, it shouldn't drop THAT much more than if a single party brought it down.

FIx that and you fix the EC's Overload problem.
This is apparently too simple and easy a fix for the devs it seems. Its been suggested several dozen times.

We don't need 10-20 lootable items per person on EM mobs. 2-3 higher quality pieces would be far preferable.

That pretty much goes for any looting situation. Too much of the weapon/armor loot is complete TRASH.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is apparently too simple and easy a fix for the devs it seems. Its been suggested several dozen times.

We don't need 10-20 lootable items per person on EM mobs. 2-3 higher quality pieces would be far preferable.

That pretty much goes for any looting situation. Too much of the weapon/armor loot is complete TRASH.
At this point also don't need regs, scrolls (except the ML ones since it's too difficult to actually be able to make those)... and such but what really needs to happen is they need to stop pretending this problem isn't a problem and FIX IT! Honestly it worked BEFORE the UI Update... if you had fixed that right back then we wouldn't still be pancaking about it several YEARS later.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well that's the reason why you are getting such garbage items at the events as well. Take shadowguard, you kill it with a party. One corpse ~ 70 Items, but you'll pull ~ 14-15 Brittle legendary Armor + Antique Legendary Jewels. You take that same party and break it before the boss dies and now it might be 400 Items, but the intensities are lower. Usually this doesn't result in more legendaries and the Items you do get are not of the same quality as the single group. Put more people on it like at an event, and there might not even be a legendary.

You'll never see High end loot breaking party/not being in a party on the majority of the game. Especially with a decent sized group.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me it all boils down to the fact that the UO staff has much to work on besides releasing new content. Its pathetic how long this has gone on with out a fix.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For me it all boils down to the fact that the UO staff has much to work on besides releasing new content. Its pathetic how long this has gone on with out a fix.

I could of sworn not one month ago you said you were quitting and made a huge deal about it.. And you're still playing. Therefore, its that good of a game to keep you hooked!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well... I'll say this I worked pretty hard with @Kyronix one day trying to "replicate" a situation where this happens but IMO we couldn't really do it... NPC's are nothing like normal players... first off NPC's aren't attacking the mob and getting their own "private" corpse to loot thereby generating more loot... the problem is with 40+ people doing an event and everyone getting 20+ items that's well over 500 items in the corpse... since they can't replicate this... at all .... it's just not possible to get a real view of the problem internally or on TC without a big group to help.

So .... I still don't get why they (Particularly @Bleak) can't just go to an EM Event especially one on GL or Atl and just run the EC and try to open the corpse of the boss mob (of an end or whatever when there is a boss and drop)... after the thing goes public... I mean I'm 100% certain if they supposedly play the game they have an account that doesn't flag them as "DEV's"... so they would be able to do things just like any of the rest of us... and I double dog dare them to try opening and looting that corpse in the EC... Default UI even... and see if they can do it without crashing or just try to see what's there to loot... since you can't do that either.

IMO they either need to call for a test on TC and ask everyone that's available to come help them test it.... which I'm sure most of us would... and they could spawn some mob like scalis or One of the mobs from the roof.. or something and we could all kill it and they could try looting...

because unless they get a "true" view of what this is like they simply can't begin to understand... and it's been FAR too long to keep ignoring it. I for one am fed up with not being able to dumpster dive. That was a major part of my enjoyment of the game. Besides RP. Looting is a fundamental part of the game... and if you can't do it... seriously detracts from the enjoyment.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just another example of a known bug in the EC never getting fixed. As soon as you try to loot a public corpse off a big boss in the EC the lag kicks in, you get a 'black out' screen and a stutter, then when your picture comes back, you go from grid view to list view on the container and can't pick up a single item. It is one of the most appalling bugs in the client which has been reported over and over and over again ad nausum but nothing is done about it.

It is equal to the screen lock up when the explosion from crimson dragons crashes your EC client, which you also note the devs use for every single damn boss in the game and at every EM even, which is another of the EC bugs that is NEVER gonna be fixed as it too has been reported over and over again and fallen on deaf ears.

So OK if they can't fix it, then change it. Code the boss loot some other way and code the boss fights to have critters that don't blow up your screen in mass explosions.

But you know what. Nothing is gonna get done. They have known about this for HOW MANY YEARS?

Yet rather than spend money on employing someone to fix it, the resources go into putting on parties for a few to attend. Wonder why UO loses more players than it retains? I don't.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just another example of a known bug in the EC never getting fixed. As soon as you try to loot a public corpse off a big boss in the EC the lag kicks in, you get a 'black out' screen and a stutter, then when your picture comes back, you go from grid view to list view on the container and can't pick up a single item. It is one of the most appalling bugs in the client which has been reported over and over and over again ad nausum but nothing is done about it.

It is equal to the screen lock up when the explosion from crimson dragons crashes your EC client, which you also note the devs use for every single damn boss in the game and at every EM even, which is another of the EC bugs that is NEVER gonna be fixed as it too has been reported over and over again and fallen on deaf ears.

So OK if they can't fix it, then change it. Code the boss loot some other way and code the boss fights to have critters that don't blow up your screen in mass explosions.

But you know what. Nothing is gonna get done. They have known about this for HOW MANY YEARS?

Yet rather than spend money on employing someone to fix it, the resources go into putting on parties for a few to attend. Wonder why UO loses more players than it retains? I don't.
What's worse about that explosion thing is that at the last M&G they said that they don't use that anymore.... yet at the last GL EM Tuesday event they had 2 bosses that did it in a TINY Space!!!!!!! I crashed locked up and couldn't even hit the boss at all because I spent the next 5 min frozen solid... did NOT get looting rights or anything how could I???? was unable to do anything my character was who knows where.... torked me off so bad I just recalled home and logged out.... which is how about 1/2 of the EM Events with bosses go anymore...

so fed up and sick and tired of it.... but to be sure all the multiboxing jerks got plenty of drops... since they use the CC to run all their cheat programs.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... I'll say this I worked pretty hard with @Kyronix one day trying to "replicate" a situation where this happens but IMO we couldn't really do it... NPC's are nothing like normal players... first off NPC's aren't attacking the mob and getting their own "private" corpse to loot thereby generating more loot... the problem is with 40+ people doing an event and everyone getting 20+ items that's well over 500 items in the corpse... since they can't replicate this... at all .... it's just not possible to get a real view of the problem internally or on TC without a big group to help.
Takes about 10 minutes to make 40 trial accounts. *Shrugs* Dev's could do it no problem.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I havent bothered with an EM event in forever now. No point in it. The dev's know the issue and do nothing about it.

It is not just the crimson dragons at those events, but also Corgul does it, one of the shadowgard bosses does it. As soon as the explosion happens at Corgul, I am left with a screen frozen orange, unable to move, unable to hide or get an invis off. If I am in voice i have to ask allies to invis me or something if they can find me in the mess, most times I end up closing the client and asking when it is done with the blow up before I bother logging back in. I try to stay 'out' of the range of it and mostly can do that, don't often get looting rights tho as keeping out way means you dont get in as much dmg as you need.

At EM events you can't public loot , in fact sometimes depending on how many items the thing has even your 'instanced' loot lags to hell.

I think I am getting as tired of it as you Mal :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I havent bothered with an EM event in forever now. No point in it. The dev's know the issue and do nothing about it.

It is not just the crimson dragons at those events, but also Corgul does it, one of the shadowgard bosses does it. As soon as the explosion happens at Corgul, I am left with a screen frozen orange, unable to move, unable to hide or get an invis off. If I am in voice i have to ask allies to invis me or something if they can find me in the mess, most times I end up closing the client and asking when it is done with the blow up before I bother logging back in. I try to stay 'out' of the range of it and mostly can do that, don't often get looting rights tho as keeping out way means you dont get in as much dmg as you need.

At EM events you can't public loot , in fact sometimes depending on how many items the thing has even your 'instanced' loot lags to hell.

I think I am getting as tired of it as you Mal :)
I've already pretty much made up my mind that unless they pull off some miracle by the end of the year I'm done.

Edit:
Anymore it seems my time in-game is filled with frustrations and aggravation... be it over the RNG hating on me... people who are rude and insensitive and downright disgusting, irritation over the loss of things that I used to enjoy... disgust over the way things are handled, disgust over seeing so many people cheating and nothing being done, sadness over the loss of good friends. For the few fun times that are anymore fewer and further between I just don't feel I want to continue trying to throw money at EA... which that leads to yet another serious irritation and frustration.... as they recently tried to bill me from Switzerland again causing my CC to get locked up for "suspected fraudulent activity".... which happens probably 2 or 3 times a year.... takes me ages to sort it out and I called EA who insisted it's not their problem and told me I had to call Broadsword and get it worked out with them but they won't let you call them.... you have to use Email and they told me I needed to contact Origin and get help from them.... but no one wanted to help so I spent almost a week trying to fix it emailed Bonnie even which I really didn't want to bother her with it.... and then finally was able to actually get it to bill me without getting denied for billing from Switzerland.

Last edited:

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you please do a video at an EM event when the boss does the cascading explosions, I have to hard close the client and restart every time to find bosses dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got also somekind "path routing" glitch on new EC. If I click map for routing it totally freezes on few seconds... as I got also this back pack glitch.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could of sworn not one month ago you said you were quitting and made a huge deal about it.. And you're still playing. Therefore, its that good of a game to keep you hooked!
I could of sworn i told you that you need better reading comprehension. I have closed all but one account. When you go from running 12 accounts to one its like quitting, However the words i Chose were "i can no longer support the UO staff"

But fear not my unrelenting stratics poster that last account shuts off next month sometime. Also a note.... Just because that account closes doesnt mean i wont be here on statics keeping up.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you please do a video at an EM event when the boss does the cascading explosions, I have to hard close the client and restart every time to find bosses dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if i happen to catch one before my account closes i will. but i can tell you this is what it normally looks like.
em event.PNG

Its that screen for about 10 seconds and then usually the boss is dead before the game catches back up.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That white screen was exactly what I saw for most of the EM event.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Be happy you even get EM events, Oceania didn't have an EM for at least 6 months and now that we do the events keep getting postponed

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Decided to show the devs what a public corpse feels like since they cant replicate the issue. lol.

You will notice the corpse is first non public just looting rights. THe corpse closes and i re open when its public, which equals lag city. You will notice my computer doesnt lag, just the client. You will also notice as soon as i close the corpse i stop lagging and as soon as i re open the corpse the lag begins again.

I Imagine i could replicate the same thing with a bunch of people opening any container.

Unrelated, but dang love that search function. Too bad EC is just unplayably ugly, it's got a lot of great features. :(

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unrelated, but dang love that search function. Too bad EC is just unplayably ugly, it's got a lot of great features. :(
yeah its horrible to look at for me. but there is so much functionality that i have tolerated it over the years.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran

And this is what I was trying to explain in another post. that had over 6000 items. Scalis isn't this bad. And even when you use search for legendary you saw how BAD it was.

I would LOVE to see this in CC. Could someone do a video on A titan looted in CC. I imagine it would be a cluster and bunched.

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
At this point also don't need regs, scrolls (except the ML ones since it's too difficult to actually be able to make those)... and such but what really needs to happen is they need to stop pretending this problem isn't a problem and FIX IT! Honestly it worked BEFORE the UI Update... if you had fixed that right back then we wouldn't still be pancaking about it several YEARS later.
It's been several years, however, we all keep paying to play this. They have no inventive to fix anything, unfortunately.