• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need help finding where the invasions are

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried saying "news" to town criers but no info. about them comes up. I double clicked them and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They should tell you when you say NEWS, if not it might mean you are between invasions.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes no sense why notifications aren't sent the way VvV active towns are sent. It's supposed to be a big deal, the announcements should also be a big deal.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the Invasion started I made a City rune Atlas with City locations and back up locations. It only takes a few moments to find the invading host. You can pretty much use any city rune book to do the same thing. Options: Public rune library.

just guessing from past invasions

vesper
yew
east brit
serps
trinsic
nujehlom
moonglow

Takes less than a minute to check everyone of them.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't check it to the minute, but time frame between invasions seems to be 10-15 minutes.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before the Invasion started I made a City rune Atlas with City locations and back up locations. It only takes a few moments to find the invading host. You can pretty much use any city rune book to do the same thing. Options: Public rune library.

just guessing from past invasions

vesper
yew
east brit
serps
trinsic
nujehlom
moonglow

Takes less than a minute to check everyone of them.
Yeah that's awesome on a shard with Recall.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
say 'News' multiple times.
the Town Crier has several things to report on (mostly old news) and you just have to cycle through until you get to the part about the invasion.
hope that helps

Cheers!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note, when the town crier states what city is under siege, even though you may be in fel, the city under siege is trammel only, even though the town crier does not state that. So when he says Skara Brae is under siege, he means Skara Brae trammel.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The cryers on Chessie have been really lagged at updating with the info. We spread the work via Chat; seems to take an extra 10 or 15 minutes before the cryers actually start saying anything about which city has the invasion at that time.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note, when the town crier states what city is under siege, even though you may be in fel, the city under siege is trammel only, even though the town crier does not state that. So when he says Skara Brae is under siege, he means Skara Brae trammel.
I think you should bring this up at the next meet and greet.